There is no bigger leap of faith than deciding to start your own business. You have to get out of your normal comfort zone and really try something new – and that can be terrifying! The thing is, when you have a great idea that’s going to make waves, you want to know that you can put your thoughts into actions and make something of it. If an idea excites you, why shouldn’t you take the leap and be a leader? Imagine every single day you work in your business as motivating and exciting. When you have passion for something, you deserve to make it come to life. It doesn’t mean that it’s going to be easy, but it does mean that you have something to truly strive for.
Choosing to follow your passions is exciting, and what if your passion is in candle making? Have you thought about how your idea for custom foil stickers will look on your brand new candles that you’ve made by hand? You are in charge of this business, which means that from your business plan to the people you choose to get involved with for supplies should be chosen carefully to suit what you need. If you want your business to be one that stands out in your little niche, you need to ensure that you have the best people working around you.
Achieving financial independence is done in many different ways, and candles are something that you can start making from home before you grow into your own premises. When you start out on your own, you are in control of your lifestyle. You might even start making candles as a hobby and realise that it’s got potential to be more than that. You might decide that you want to start your own range from scratch, using websites like Etsy and eBay to get your candles out there. Either way, we’ve got 10 reasons you should go ahead and start making your own candle range!
- It’s fun. There are very few pleasures in life these days. With the pandemic causing lockdowns and travel chaos, the world ground to a halt for nearly 2 years. This means that you need to think about how you can have fun as much as possible! Candles might be a passion of yours but the process of making candles is so much fun. You’ll reduce your stress, get to be creative and you’ll have a lot of fun while you do it. What more could you want from a hobby? It’s also a great way to encourage yourself to be healthier in your lifestyle. When you’re turning to a new hobby, you’re not getting into mischief, and you can turn it into a money spinner, too.
- You’ll save money. Yes, you’ll spend cash on materials but really, making your own candles is going to save you money in the long run. Candles from the shops can be so expensive and when you can make your own candles, scented or not, you can save some cash and really expand your skills. Specialist candle retailers often rake in a lot of cash for their candles, so why can’t you make your own candles for less, and sell them and make your own profit? There really is nothing stopping you!
- You can use these as gifts. You will never be short of gift ideas when you have candles to give your guests. There is a personal touch that comes with making a gift for someone, and you get to see the look on their faces when they enjoy a gift that you made by hand. A candle is a fantastic gift for all and you will be the one making them!
- You get to make them how you want. From the colors to the scents, candles that you make are in your complete control and you can really enjoy getting into things like aromatherapy, too. You can bring different health benefits to your candles through essential oils, and this is going to be an easy extra you can bring to your candles that you make.
- Everyone can get involved. If you have kids at home, you can get them involved in the whole process of candle making. They’ll be able to see how all of this works and how it comes together, and you’ll find a creative task for them to enjoy with you, too. Of course, with the hot wax you’ll be handling, you need to keep an eye on any little hands getting involved in the fun. They can place the candle wick and ensure that your candles are pretty, wrapped and ready to be shipped.
- You can choose the designs. Finding the right candles that are the best shade on the shelf isn’t easy when you have certain ideas in your head. Well, when you start your own candle business you can get those ideas out of your head and into the candles that you’re creating. You can tailor your candles to your exact needs, and you can mold them into any shape, too. The fun of this is that you can make your candles in any shape that you like, which is going to be the best option for you if you are looking for a way to create pretty shapes! You can add stickers, special wrap or you can buy mason jars and create your own candles that look different to the ones on the shelves.
- You can choose the scents. If you have a thing for fruity candles, why not create your own cocktail scented range? How about specific flowers? It doesn’t matter the scents that you want to add, there are so many options out there that will help you to create candles that you really love. You can pick any range of scents to add to your candles and people will love them!
- You can open your own candle business. Earning money from something you are enjoying doing? That’s something not many people get to do! You can bet that you will have a lot of business especially if you utilize social media to advertise your brand new candles. It’s a simple way to get started and there is little to no investment on your part.
- It’s so easy. No really, it’s the easiest thing that you could be doing to make a little cash, and while it’s not an art project, you can be sure that you can be as creative as you want and it’s for EVERYONE. It doesn’t matter if you have no experience of making candles before, you will be able to make your own and it won’t take long to learn how to do it.
- You bring joy. To your own home, to the homes of others, to offices, for those looking for keepsakes. You get to be the person that brings joy to others, and there’s no real honor higher when you are making something. It’s a soothing way to bring something to others, and you can improve the way your home looks and smells, too.
Making your own candles as a hobby can be the best way that you monetise something you enjoy doing. You get the chance to make something beautiful and that can really bring in cash for you in the future. Making candles is just the first step, too, as you could branch out to other things one day and really create a business that stands out!