Boy Meets World is an American television sitcom that documents the everyday events and valuable lessons of Cory Matthews. It also features Cory’s teacher George Feeney, best friend Shawn Hunter, brother Eric, and girlfriend Topanga Lawrence.
This show has the perfect mix of comedy and profound moments, making it a great show for anyone who wants to laugh and learn something.
Here is the scoop on the best quotes from Boy Meets World!
1. “You don’t have to be blood to be family.” -George Feeny
Mr. Feeny was the teacher that everyone wanted. He had the most motivating things to say when the characters needed to hear it most. To be honest, I think most fans would be on board with a Mr. Feeny spinoff, am I right?
2. “You do your thing, I do mine. You are you, and I am I. And in the end, if we end up together, it’s beautiful.” -Topanga Lawrence
Cory and Topanga tried their hardest to give everyone false hope regarding our love lives. This quote is no exception to that rule. Cory and Topanga have been on and off since they were kids, and their love for each other grew as time passed. They were much more mature than most couples these days and handled each breakup with respect for one another.
3. “I believe that when you find love, you hold on to it, and you cherish it. Because there is nothing finer and it may never come again.” -George Feeny
Mr. Feeny taught his students many different lessons over the years. Specifically, in season 4, episode 17, he taught Cory and Topanga to do every single thing possible to hold onto love. Mr. Feeny constantly believed in the ability that love conquers all, whether it was familial love, the love of your significant other, or the love of a friend. Even when Topanga moved to Pittsburgh, Mr. Feeny encouraged her to travel all the way back to Philidelphia to be with Cory. George Feeny= biggest Corpanga shipper ever.
4. “This corporate world is my very essence. Okay, and as I climb the ladder to success, I want you there right with me.” -Cory Matthews
Cory and Shawn start working in the mailroom of a large advertising firm for their high school work-study program. Of course, Shawn doesn’t take his mailroom duties very seriously, while Cory declares that the corporate world is his ‘essence.’ Ok, Cory, whatever you say…
5. “My name is Plays With Squirrels.” -Eric Matthews
Eric Matthews is a very silly and simpleminded character that everyone loved. He also liked to create alternate personalities for himself, ‘Plays With Squirrels’ being one of them. He also ended up giving away items considered to be materialistic as this alternate personality.
6. “Mr. Fee-hee-hee-hee-heenay.” -Eric Matthews
Mr. Feeny can be seen as Eric’s mentor throughout the show, constantly doling out advice that he either takes or doesn’t take. Eric even creates a ‘Feeny Call’ in season 4, episode 7, to either call Mr. Feeny out of his house for guidance or praise him for something good. Mentee and mentor goals, am I right?
7. “If you let people’s perception of you dictate your behavior, you will never grow as a person.” -George Feeny
In season 2, episode 16, Mr. Feeny explains to Cory that you should not worry about how people see you. He also informs Cory not to be close-minded when it comes to new experiences because this is how one learns and grows. Most kids learn this the hard way, but 90s kids always had Mr. Feeny to turn to in times of trouble.
8. “The only thing that ever made sense to me was you and how I felt about you.” –Cory Matthews
There are so many sweet moments between Cory and Topanga. Especially when Cory would confess his love to Topanga. Cory always knew he and Topanga would end up together, even before Topanga knew. That’s why this quote is so important and one of the best of the best.
9. “We’re a masterpiece. And I don’t care what you think right now. We’re going to be together forever and I know that, but you still need to find that out. You know where I’ll be.” -Cory Matthews
Whether Cory was doing the breaking up or Topanga was, there were always inspirational quotes being dispersed between them. Especially this quote where Cory says he and Topanga are a ‘Masterpiece.’ If this doesn’t give you something to wish for, I don’t know what will.
10. “But to me, a real hero is someone who does the right thing when the right thing isn’t easy to do.” -George Feeny
When Cory is falsely accused of being a hero for saving the school from a fire, he becomes very conceited. However, Mr. Feeny brings him back to the real world and tells him that being a hero means doing the right thing, even when it may initially seem difficult. For this quote alone, Mr. Feeny is definitely my hero.
11. “But your family and those friends you made along the way will protect you. And you find the world will protect you too.” -Cory Matthews
Cory reminds us that as long as we have friends and family, we are never really alone. I don’t know about you, but I think that this realization brings me a lot of comfort.
12. “All I understood was that she was the girl I sat up every night thinking about, and when I’m with her, I’m happy to be alive. Like I can do anything, even talk to you like this. That’s what love is, mom, when I am a better person because she is here.” -Cory Matthews
From the very beginning, we were all team Cory and Topanga. Especially when Cory was telling his mom what love is to him. The way he talked about Topanga, especially to other people in his life, was definitely relationship goals.
13. “Every statistic you throw at me is going to be about other people. I don’t care about other people. I care about us.” -Cory Matthews
14. “You just yelled at me. But I’m Mr. Feeny.” -Mr. Feeny
If you have ever watched Boy Meets World, you know not to yell at Mr. Feeny or disrespect him in any way. After all, he is giving all the kids valuable life lessons and not asking for anything in return. However, in season 5, episode 13, Topanga yells at Mr. Feeny and butts into a conversation that has nothing to do with her. Shaking my head…
15. “I married a moose.” -Eric Matthews
As the series progresses, Eric gets even crazier. Especially when he says his alternate personality, He plays with squirrels and gets married to a moose. Many fans don’t understand why they took Eric’s character in this direction. However, it is very entertaining and interesting to watch.
16. “This is your life. Deal with your life.” -Alan Matthews
Alan Matthews was an extremely hard worker who wanted his kids to do the best they possibly could. Even though both of his sons are silly and like to joke around, they were always authentic to themselves, all thanks to Alan Matthews and this quote.
17. “No matter how difficult life gets, the important thing is to live it with hope.” -Topanga Lawrence
We should all strive to be like Topanga Lawrence for many reasons. One of those reasons is that she is a half-glass full kind of girl. Topanga always had a very optimistic way of looking at things; this quote proves that further.
18. “It’s not the changes that matter, it’s how you react to the changes.” -Eric Matthews
Eric Matthews was not considered to be an inspiring character. However, this quote may prove otherwise. This quote means that we can either let changes influence our lives, or we can simply go with the flow and see what happens. Spoiler alert: the latter is always the better option.
19. “Ever since I was young, I never understood anything in the world, and I never understood anything that happened in my life.” -Cory Matthews
Cory Matthews was always a pretty dramatic character. This quote is no exception to that rule, and it’s something that he said to Topanga Lawrence during one of their breakups. Even though it is a pretty dramatic quote, it doesn’t make it any less relatable.
20. “Lose one friend, lose all friends, lose yourself.” -Eric Matthews
Friendship is probably one of the most important relationships to have. Without those friendships, you will lose yourself. A bit dramatic, but very accurate.
21. “They want you to take the rolls!” -Cory Matthews
Season 2, Episode 15, explores Cory and Shawn’s future as old men. Cory is married to a woman named Wendy, while Shawn still hasn’t settled down and has been with at least a thousand women. They meet at the same restaurant every day, and Cory steals the bread rolls every time they go, insisting that they want you to take them. This episode is so iconic that it is even referenced in Girl Meets World, the spinoff series of Boy Meets World.
22. “They just shot the neighbor!” -Morgan Matthews
Morgan Matthews was the little sister of Eric and Cory. However, she was pretty much just a character used for comedic purposes. This Morgan quote proved that point and was said on the phone to the police when the Matthews family was playing with water guns. I feel like this quote is especially relatable for people who accidentally dialed 911 when they were younger, so if that was you, then this quote is dedicated to you.
23. “Life’s tough, get a helmet.” -Eric Matthews
Eric Matthews was not the guy you’d usually go to for life advice. However, this tip was so weird and funny that maybe I’ll just use it and see what happens.
24. “How do you accidentally kiss someone? Did she slip on a rug, and your lips broke her fall?” -Topanga Lawrence
This is what Topanga said to Cory when he ‘accidentally’ kissed a girl named Missy Robinson in season 3. You’re not fooling anyone, Cory.
25. “When I got friends, I can get through anything.” -Shawn Hunter
Shawn Hunter was considered to be the mischievous bad boy with a rough childhood. However, he actually was extraordinarily kind and had a lot of love for his friends. Without Cory, Shawn might not have graduated high school or even made it to college, so this shows how important friendship truly is.
26. “Friendship is the real gift. It is given with no expectation, no gratitude is necessary.” -Mr. Feeny
27. “Don’t risk anything you aren’t willing to lose.” -Cory Matthews
28. “I’m not even sure I know what ‘I love you’ means now.” -Topanga Lawrence
29. “If you leave yourself open to experience, despite what others think, then you will learn and grow.” -Mr. Feeny
30. “Cory, if stupidity was in the Olympics, you’d win a Nobel prize.” -Eric Matthews
31. “I’m a damsel, but not the distressed kind. One who’s very together and in complete control of her own destiny.” -Topanga Lawrence
32. “I don’t know what’s going to happen to me, but I do know that I’m going to be a good person who cares about people. I blame you for that.” -Eric Matthews
33. “All I know is you and I belong together.” -Cory Matthews
34. “Use a mirror, babe.” -Shawn Hunter
35. “You see, duckies are good because not only do they give you that non-threatening sense of security, but you can feed them crackers, and you can ride ‘em. See, duckies are the horsies of the ocean.” -Eric Matthews
36. “I don’t understand anything about my entire life.” -Cory Matthews
37. “But sometimes people can push away, just when they need you the most.” -Alan Matthews
38. “Shawn this is a hug. Okay? This is a hug. And this is when you hug someone when you care about them and you want them to know.” -Cory Matthews
39. “You think we’ve known each other long enough for you to call me Cory.” -Cory Matthews
40. “Butt out of other people’s lives for one week. Otherwise, you get an F.” -Mr. Feeny
41. “Unfortunately we live in a society where they tell us we have to look a certain way so we’re all under pressure to live up to unrealistic expectations.” -Mr. Feeny
42. “Sometimes the things you complain most about are the things you care most about. Unfortunately, we don’t always know that until it’s too late.” -Mr. Feeny
43. “If I had to dream up the perfect woman, she wouldn’t even come close to you.” -Cory Matthews
44. “I think we’ve known each other long enough for me to call you Cornelius.” -Mr. Feeny
45. “I’m not going to kill you, Shawn. It takes too much time to break in a new best friend.” -Cory Matthews
46. “If every marriage failed except for one, I guarantee you that one would be ours.” -Cory Matthews
47. “I poured my heart out to you. I can’t sit here like a fool waiting for you to be ready.” -Angela Moore
48. “How do you expect me to come back to the place where I had my heart ripped out of my chest and then thrown around the room like a nerf heart?” -Eric Matthews
49. “Please pay at the register, honey. And tipping is not a city in China.” -Cory Matthews
50. “Underpants!” -Cory Matthews
51. “You know the book, ‘Black Like Me?'” -Shawn
52. “Boy, you are a disgrace to this community, this country, and humanity in general!” -Sergeant Moore
53. “You’ve killed us. You’ve killed us all.” -Shawn
54. “Guys, I’ve come to the conclusion: Men are idiots.” -Eric
55. “And if you were only going to be alive for one more minute, I’d spend it looking in your eyes.” -Shawn
56. “Cory, the worst thing that ever happened when we were kids was that your Pop-Tart fell on the ground.” -Topanga
57. “You smell like chicken.” -Eric
58. “You’re not going to Florida, are you?” -Cory
59. “Why does everything have to haunt us for the rest of our lives?” -Topanga
60. “I’m no rocket scientologist.” -Shawn
61. “But TV’s not funny. Cory’s life is funny.” -Morgan
62. “Guess who’s got pictures of Cory running naked through the sprinkler?” -Eric
63. “No kissy?” -Shawn
64. “I’m in the 7th grade, Dad!” -Morgan
65. “It’s a little easier in his world.” -Alan
66. “Oh mom, you don’t have to worry about my furniture.” -Eric
67. “About five times a day.” -Shawn
68. “Well, we don’t have a code, Shawn.” -Cory
69. “Was it the dream with the dummy again?” -Shawn
70. “The New York Times trailer park edition.” -Cory
71. “Well, I wouldn’t say cuter.” -Gloria
72. “To pay attention or we die.” -Cory
73. “Yeah virgins, virgins never die.” -Shawn
74. “Cory said that if you can go to college, anyone can go to college.” -Morgan
75. “Yes. I know, I too read Teen Beat, Mr. Hunter.” -George Feeny
76. “It’s great to be so in touch with my feminine side.” -Eric
77. “In some countries, me calling your hair greasy would be considered a compliment. For instance… Greece.” -Cory
78. “Grandpa Poppy… He always had seeds in his teeth… And that’s why we called him Poppy…” -Cory
79. “I’m not responsible for dream Feeny!” -George
80. “I went behind your back and stole your girl.” -Frankie
81. “That’s a bad animal.” -Shawn
82. “My uncle Morrie thinks he’s Sammy Sosa.” -Cory
83. “It’s tomorrow night, you idiot.” -Eric
84. “There’s like a hundred retainers in there!” -Cory
85. “I could walk in without pants and get this job.” -Arthur
86. “Hey, banana boy? Wanna be a star?” -Rider Strong
87. “Look for the unicorn label, is anybody behind me, my Shawn?” -Cory
88. “Girl, you don’t want to dance with me.” -Angela
89. “Of course you don’t. Everybody knows werewolf bites heal overnight.” -Cory
90. “Gotta love Halloween. It really brings people together.” -Shawn
91. “Get out of my face.” -George Feeny
92. “Shawn, look at the bite.” -Cory
93. “I’m eleven years old. Come on, I’m on a schedule here.” -Cory
94. “Sneak attack!” -Eric
95. “Cory, there are co-ed bathrooms. Girls shower in there, naked!” -Shawn
96. “I’ve seen you in gym class, Arthur, wear pants.” -Eric
97. “How come I feel so bad?” -Shawn
98. “My hosiery is still bunching.” -Cory
99. “You tortured a feller named Yogi Tyler?” -Shawn
100. “Canadians skate. How hard could it be?” -Jason
Watch Boy Meets World on Disney+ now!
Hope you loved these quotes from Boy Meets World!
For the scoop on more funny shows, visit these: