The Netflix hit show Arcane has pleased fans of the hit battle arena game League of Legends. But, it has also inspired a new crowd of viewers to be in awe of the characters and worlds of the game. Based on the popular characters Jinx and Vi, the adult animated series has captivated audience members for various reasons.
Due to stunning visuals and intricate storylines to utopian and dystopian quotes, Arcane has become a fan favorite for League of Legends players and other admirers of great animated stories.
Arcane takes viewers on an action-packed adventure. Because of the stunning visuals and origins of favored characters, viewers enter into the utopian world of Piltover and the dystopian repressed underground city of Zaun. The show is filled with magic, technology, and awesome fighting ability and agility that gives audiences a great backstory to the game.
Here is the scoop on the best Arcane quotes!
1. “I’d like to let you in on a very important secret I learned when I was about your age, boy. You see, power, real power doesn’t come to those who were born strongest or fastest or smartest. No. It comes to those who will do anything to achieve it.”- Silco
Being a citizen of lowly Zaun and having a tyrannical ideology, Silco knows what it takes to have power. His experiences as a drug lord and an industrialist helps him influence Deckard who desires to become powerful. From his need for vengeance, Silco understands that it takes malice and determination to succeed against any threat.
2. “Humans don’t live for centuries. We can’t wait for progress. We need leadership focused on the future, not the past.”- Jayce Trails.
Being the Head of the Council of Pitover, Jayce Trails is dedicated to providing a bright future for the city. Due to Jayce being a scientist and innovator, he believes that science and magic can help improve Pitover. Furthermore, he thinks magic is more important than solving trade disputes and fearing the Arcane.
3. If dangerous ideas didn’t excite the imagination, we would never wander astray.”- Heimerdinger
As an esteemed scientist, Heimerdinger is against the use of Hextech technology that gives people the ability to harness magic. Heimerdinger does not agree with Jayce and Viktor’s vision of Hextech and experimentation. However, he understands their desire to find ways to receive power from the Arcane to help Piltover. Even though Heimerdinger knows the dangers of magic, he still believes in the importance of innovation.
4. “What makes you different makes you strong.”- Vi
Vi is the older sister of Powder, or Jinx. They were saved by Vander from Piltover troops and lost their parents and in turn, formed a close bond. Even though many people believe that Powder is a gullible child, Vi encourages Powder’s intelligence. Vi knew that Powder was special, especially as she admired the mechanics that Powder had made.
5. “We can’t change what fate has in store for us, but we don’t have to face it alone.”- Mel Medarda
Mel is a Noxian aristocrat and is an ambitious politician. She will use her power to have herself. Despite Mel starting her relationship with Jayce to gain wealth and fame, she starts to genuinely fall for him. Because she sees Jayce’s sorrow for Viktor, she reveals she is an exile from her family and encourages Jayce to be with Viktor.
6. “Nobody wins in war.”- Vander
Growing up, Vander fought to free Zaun from Piltover. However after a failed uprising against Piltover, Vander vows to live peacefully. Because of the mistreatment they face, Vi gives Vander an ultimatum. She tells him that he either fights for Zaun or she will. Vander takes Vi to the bridge where her parents died.
On the bridge, he shows her memorials for people who died on the same day. Vander reveals to Vi his fight against the Piltover on the bridge. He uses his experience as a warning that Vi’s desire to fight can cost her loved ones.
7. “I’m a misfit too, I suppose.”- Caitlyn Kiramman
Caitlyn belongs to a powerful noble family and supports Jayce’s research. Also, she is soon to be League champion and wants a better future for Piltover. After the robbery of Jayce’s lab his research is found to be illegal. Although Caitlyn’s father has banished Jayce because of his magical experiments, Caitlyn waits for him in the rain. She wants to remain friends with Jayce.
8. “There’s a monster inside all of us.”- Silco
Silco and Singed have made the shimmer to give to Deckard. Before Silco convinces Deckard to drink the vile, Silco and Deckard look out to creatures in the water. When observing the animals, Silco says that no one knows the creatures exist on the surface. Deckard says that they are monsters. Knowing that Deckard will become a mutant, Silco sees that there is horrors within all things.
9. “Nature has made us intolerant to change, but fortunately, we have the capacity to change our nature.”- Singed
Singed is a skilled Zaunite alchemist that has no empathy. He believes that sacrifice is needed to progress in research. In order to advance his own experiments, Singed convinces Viktor that his subjects were weak. Because Viktor is lost in his obsession to Hexcore and in prolonging his life, he listens to Singed’s ideology. Singed starts to persuade Viktor to embrace his immoral research.
10. “You can’t escape the past. Right? Be a shame if I had to put them on again. Cast iron’s, well, it’s hard to clean.”- Vander
Sheriff Marcus tries to intimidate Vander as he puts Vander’s cigar in his cup. During Marcus’s conversation with Vander, Enforcers try to find the orphans that set off the bomb and robbed the lab. In his pursuit to scare Vander, Marcus tells Vander that he knows of his violent past. Vander shows his strength as he threatens Marcus back as he hides the orphans.
11. “Nothing feels impossible when I’m with you.”- Jayce Trails
After finding out that Viktor is dying because of gasses in the fissures where he grew up, Jayce is distraught. He can only find comfort in his love for Mel. Jayce lowers his defenses and comes to Mel with sorrow as he early abandoned her. Because Jayce sincerely loves Mel, he shows his humbleness and weakness.
12. “Love and legacy are the sacrifices we make for progress.”-Singed
After seeing that he has no chance of living, Viktor betrays Jayce and shows Singed hexcore. Viktor could not destroy hexcore and knew he could bargain for shimmer with the information. Because Viktor needs to endure the transition of his body into metal and acane energy, he needs shimmer’s healing properties.
13. “Nothing ever stays dead.”- Jinx
14. “A bit of advice. Don’t threaten the guy who pours the drinks.”- Vander
15. “When you’re going to change the world, don’t ask for permission.”- Viktor
Viktor is a Zaunite inventor who has worked his way up through his dedication. Through his inventions, Viktor wants to improve lives. Because Viktor wants to help others, he teams up with Jayce. However, unlike Jayce, Viktor does not let others discourage him.
16. “All my life, I’ve pursued the mysteries of science, only to discover some are better left unsolved.”- Heimerdinger
While visiting Jayce in jail, Heimerdinger tries to persuade him to forget about Hextech. Heimerdinger cares for Jayce because he sees they have the same drive. But because Jayce is dealing with magic, Heimerdinger does not want him to lose himself in his research of magic.
17. “It’s not enough to give people what they need to survive, you have to give them what they need to live.”- Ekko
Ekko is a childhood friend of Vi and Jinx. As he grows up, Ekko gets away from Silco’s rule. He wants to free the undercity and makes a rebel gang called the Firelights. Ekko cares for the people of the undercity, so he allows them to have a good life. Ekko shows Heimerdinger that there is hope for the Zaunites.
18. “I recognize that any worthwhile venture involves risk.”- Mel Medarda
19. “The only way to defeat a superior enemy is to stop at nothing. To become what they fear.”- Silco
20. “We’ve all had bad days. But we learn. And we stick together”- Vi
21. “We lost ourselves. Lost our dream. In the pursuit of great, we failed to do good.”- Viktor
Viktor contemplates ending his life. Similarly to the beginning of the series, Jayce stops Viktor. They reminisce about the past. Because Viktor knows the outcome of Hexcore, he tells Jayce to destroy it. Viktor begs Jayce and says he cannot do it. The morals of Viktor shine through as he selflessly wants to make things right.
22. “It’s Jinx now. Powder fell down a well.”- Jinx
Vi and Jinx are reunited since they have been separated for years. Powder, now Jinx, seeing Vi reveals she has changed her name to the name that Vi called her. Jinx hugs Vi and Vi explains how she did not abandon her. Finally, the two embrace and Jinx explains how she has changed. Caitlyn’s presence ruins the heart-felt reunion and Jinx does not trust Vi.
23. “I believe, if we set aside our greed and arrogance, we can be one again.”- Heimerdinger
24. “Scientists seek discoveries. Ways to make the world a better place.”- Viktor
25. “You’d be surprised what you can pull off when your life depends on it.”- Ekko
26. “Your brother thinks he can talk his way out of anything. He fancies himself a fox among wolves. But mark me, child, if you want to last in this world, you must learn to be both the fox and the wolf.”- Ambessa Medarda
Ambessa Medarda is a decorated Noxian warlord and estranged mother of Mel. Ambessa comes to Piltover to tell Mel about her brother’s passing. Because her brother crossed the wrong man, he paid the price. Ambessa tells Mel that she was distracted and warns her that war is coming. Mel does not believe that there will be war but Ambessa warns Mel that she cannot be naive.
27. “ I see you never learned patience.”- Sevika
Because of Sevika’s determination to free the Zaunites from Piltover, she follows evil. She has no tolerance for weakness and stops at nothing to get what she wants. Moreover, she works with Silco and helps build a shimmer army. After Vi disguises herself and tries to attack Sevika, Sevika overpowers Vi with her Shimmer-infused mechanical arm. Sevika shows her superiority over the vengeful Vi.
28. “We’re no strangers to failure. What makes this the City of Progress is that we keep trying until we get it right.”- Jayce Tails
29. “Sometimes death is mercy.”- Singed
30. “You’ve got a good heart. Don’t ever lose it.”- Vander
After Vi goes to sacrifice herself to the Enforcers to protect her loved ones, Vander comes for her. He praises her bravery and courage but does not want her to be taken away. He puts Vi down in the basement and offers himself as a sacrifice instead. Vi protests but Vander’s love for her prevents him from changing his mind.
31. “I’m an Enforcer. For me, knowing how to handle this weapon means being able to protect people. To be of service to the city. And that’s trophy enough. Begs the question, young Kiramman. What are you shooting for?”- Grayson
32. “In what mad world would I trust someone like you?”- Caitlyn Kiramman
Caitlyn joins the Enforcers to break away from her family. But as she is an Enforcer, Marcus and her parents stop her from looking into Jinx’s attack. She further investigates the conspiracy and goes to Vi to get answers. Caitlyn does not trust Vi because of her being in jail. However, Caitlyn’s desire to discover the truth has her needing Vi’s knowledge of the undercity.
33. “What is truth, but a survivor’s story?”- Silco
Marcus goes to Silco and tells him about Jayce becoming a council member. Knowing Jayce is on the council, Marcus warns that he will found out the truth about Silco’s plans. Silco is unfazed and reassures Marcus that they will not be found out. And Silco plans to blame the Firelights for the attack because he has made evidence.
34. “ I didn’t have the benefits of a patron or a name. I simply believed in myself.”- Viktor
35. “Imprisonment. What a curious principle. We confine the physical body, yet the mind is still free.”- Heimerdinger
36. “You’re stronger than you think. And one day…this city’s gonna respect us.”- Vi
When Mylo and Claggor blame Powder for ruining everything, Val gives her comfort. Because she is called a jinx by her adoptive brothers and hears Vi agree, Powder thinks she is weak. Vi tells Powder that she misheard and comforts her.
37. “I hated you, but you kept my respect.”- Silco
Silco has not forgiven Vander for betraying him. Silco still hates Vander, but he is motivated to surpass Vander’s efforts in freeing the Zaunites. He still respects Vander because of his commitment to the undercity until he made peace with Plitover.
38. “War is a failure of statecraft.”- Mel Medarda
39. “I’m a helpless little girl and I’ve set the building on fire. By accident. Totally by accident. Also, I brought this dynamite. Goodbye.”- Jinx
40. “But you’re so sweet. Like a cupcake.”- Vi
Caitlyn and Vi become closer as they go through the undercity. Caitlyn saves Vi from being killed by Sevika. Vi asks Caitlyn why she let Sevika go, but Caityln ignores her. Instead, she helps injured Vi. Because Vi is grateful for Caitlyn, she calls her the same nickname that she called her in the club.
41. “You’re strong now. Just like you were always meant to be.”- Silco
Silco takes in Jinx and makes her feel special. Because Jinx thinks that Silco cares for her, she listens to his advice. Silco convinces Jinx that she can be strong through going into the toxic rivers of Zaun. Jinx will do anything to feel important.
42. “Stanwich set his personal ambitions aside and focused on something far more important. Our future. He realized nothing he could accomplish could compare to the contributions of his students.”- Heimerdinger
43. “Have they discovered how to govern with grease and a spanner?” Caitlyn Kiramman
44. “The only thing that kept me going was the thought of getting back to you.”- Vi
Jinx has trapped Vi. While Vi is tied up, Jinx tells Vi that she is the reason that she is Jinx. Vi emotionally tells Jinx that every day in jail she would think of her. Undoubtedly, Vi still holds on to her love for Powder.
45. “The council assumes you’ll fail. Time to prove them all wrong. Once again.”- Mel Medarda
At an orchestra, Jayce is worried about compromising the safety of the Hexgates for collateral. Jayce is stressed he blames Mel for pushing him to be in politics. Mel calms Jayce and says he is a symbol of the future. Mel sees potential in Jayce and tells him he can shape his own destiny, especially through his resilience.
46. “You’re a class act, sister. Sister. Thought I missed her. Bet you wouldn’t miss her.”- Jinx
Jinx does not trust Vi. Therefore, she believes that Vi came for the stone. Vi denies that she came for the stone and says she does not know what it is. But, Jinx is not convinced since she still believed that Vi does not love her. The voices in Jinx’s head confuse her and she is unsure on what to do.
47. “Time. I’ve seen this power in the wrong hands. It corrupts, consumes, lays waste to civilizations.”- Heimerdinger
During Jayce’s trial in front of the Council of Piltover, Heimerdinger talks about his burden. Because he is 307 years old, he knows the dangers of magic. He tells Jayce the horrors that he witnessed cannot happen now.
48. “No matter how the world tries to break you, protect the family.”- Vander
49. “The city needs healing. More than I ever realized.”- Caitlyn
50. “You know, when I ask my mates what Silco’s up to, your name’s first out of their mouths. ‘Sevika’s out in the harbor’, or ‘Sevika paid the knuckleheads a visit.’ You’re a scary lady.”- Finn
Finn is apart of the chem-barron that rules over Zaun. Although Finn has worked with Silco, he begins to lose trust in Silco’s leadership. Jinx causes the border to close, and Finn loses a large amount of his profits. He tries to convince other chem-barrons to take down Silco but fails. However, he offers Sevika a deal to turn on Silco.
51. “My father put hammers in the hands of the people, and they built this magnificent city. Imagine the wonders they could create if we put magic in their hands.”- Jayce Tails
52. “If you really want people to talk to you, you have to let them think you have what they want.”- Vi
53. “Loneliness is often the byproduct of a gifted mind.”- Singed
54. “You never left. I always heard you. Shadows in the streets, prickles on the back of my neck. Your voice, pushing me, picking me up when all the colors were black. You’re the reason I’m still alive.”- Jinx
Jinx is lost within her mind. She feels like Vi has abandoned her. But, she also thinks Vi is the reason that she was able to transition from Powder into Jinx. Because of Jinx’s chaotic mental state, she is losing her sense of reality and connection to Vi.
55. “When people look up to you, you don’t get to be selfish. ”- Vander
56. “Ten outta ten, toots!”- Jinx
Although Jinx is older, she has never lost her childlike personality. Jinx is not hurt by Sevika saying that he is worthless. Instead, Jinx sneezes on Sevika and shows her authority over Sevika as taunts her.
57. “Everyone makes mistakes, right? What’s important is that we don’t repeat them.”- Silco
Silco threatens Marcus by playing with his daughter Ren. Vi has escaped from prison, and Silco is not pleased that his plans have been interrupted. Marcus reassures him that he will track down Vi so that his daughter will be safe from Silco. Silco makes sure that Marcus knows his place.
58. “Surely, we, the pioneers of science, can use it for good. We’re the champions of discovery. Why fear it when we can master it?”- Jayce Tails
In his trial, Jayce tries to convince the council that magic will better their future. He does not want to admit that his research was wrong. Instead, Jayce wants to show the council that Piltover can harness magic through science for the good of all.
59. “The mutation must survive.”- Singed
60. “I’ve seen nations destroyed by a single seed and it looked…exactly like this.”- Heimerdinger
Heimerdinger tells Jayce and Viktor that the magical crystals in Hextech is dangerous. Jayce tries to convince Heimerdinger that the magic could save Viktor’s life. But, Heimerdinger is convinced that the Hextech is going to hurt others and is already changing people like Viktor.
61. “I would set the world ablaze to protect our family.”- Ambessa Medarda
62. “I feel like you and I got off on the wrong arm.Maybe we should try the other”- Jinx
Jinx and Sevika do not have a good relationship. As a result, Sevika thinks that Jinx only ruins everything. Jinx does not trust Sevika. Jinx knows that Sevika knows the information, and she captures Sevika and threatens her.
63. “You’re all I have left. I can’t lose you.”- Vi
Powder is the most important thing to Vi. Because they could be hurt by the Enforcers, Vi pleads for Powder to stay home to be safe. Powder does not listen because she also cares for Vi deeply.
64. “This city was founded to be a bastion of enlightenment. We were once a tribe. Now we are houses divided.”- Heimerdinger
65. Is there anything so undoing as a daughter?”- Silco
After Silco forms a bound with Jinx, he goes to Vander’s statue. Because of Silco’s care for Jinx, he admits to the statue that he understands Vander. Silco sees through his love for Jinx he is similar to Vander.
66. “We tried. Okay? It wasn’t enough. Topside and bottom. Oil and water. That’s all there is.”- Vi
After presenting their evidence to the Court, Vi feels defeated. She believes that Silco will never back down. Due to the Council not wanted to fight, Vi thinks that there can be no solution and that Piltover will never help Zaun.
67. “Perhaps the time has come to explore a more…radical solution.”- Mel Medarda
From Jinx’s attack, the Council sees that they have lost touch with the undercity. Despite Zaun being a part of Piltover, the Council wants to build weapons with Jayce’s help to defeat shimmer. Mel tries to reason with the counselors as they protest Jayce’s request to shut down the Hexgates for Pitlover’s safety.
68. “I believe I’ve discovered something incredible. A way to harness magic through science.”- Jayce Tails
69. “Those who shine brightest often burn fastest.”- Heimerdinger
70. “Betrayal, that pain that feels like it’ll eat you from the inside out, can either break you or forge you into something greater.”- Silco
Silco tells Jinx that she can be stronger by allowing herself to hate Vi. Silco wants Jinx to forget about her old life and embrace her new one. Because Silco wants full loyalty, he brainwashes Jinx into thinking that he is the only one who loves her.
71. “Oh, you know. Here, there, chasing down dead ends. And guess what? They’re not all dead.”- Jinx
Despite Silco telling Jinx that Vi is gone, Jinx finds out that she is alive. After seeing Vi briefly, Jinx confronts Silco. Silco quickly tells Jinx that Vi will unquestionably hurt her again and that she should focus on helping him.
72. “A wolf has no mercy.”- Ambessa Medarda
73. “You people down here are all the same, mistaking arrogance for bravery”-Marcus
Marcus is angered at Vander and the Zaunites because of their belief that they can fight. Marcus is dedicated to being the Sheriff of Enforcers, so he wants to keep the Zaunites in their place.
74. “But if the legends are true, mages aren’t bound to single functions. It’s said the arcane speaks through them.”- Viktor
75. “He took everything from us. Right here, he stabbed Vander in the back, just like he planned to do with me. All the time saying you abandoned me when he knew the truth. Liar.”- Jinx
Because of her weakening sense of reality, Jinx kidnaps Silco with Vi. Filled with emotion, Jinx tells Vi how Silco made her believe that he was her supporter. Jinx feels anger toward Vi and Silco. Since Jinx feeling love and betrayed by both, she is torn on who to trust.
76. “I’m from the undercity”- Viktor
77. “You’d die for the cause, but you won’t fight for one?”- Silco
Silco is outraged at Vander and his refusal to fight back. Due to Vander’s choice to sacrifice himself for his loved ones, Silco finds an opportunity to have his revenge. Silco sees Vander as weak. And, because Silco does not care for others, he does not understand why Vander would want peace to protect others.
78. “I’ve tried every combination of runes, but it’s always the same. The subject, wither and rot.”- Singed
79. “That’s a good way to drive yourself crazy.”- Ekko
Vi is taken to the Firelights. Ekko tells Vi what happened to Zaun after Silco took over and how he needed to make a safe space. Because Ekko explains how he created the Firelights to protect the undercity, Vi feels guilty. Ekko tells Vi it is not her fault.
80. “ We came from a world where there was never enough to go around. That is why we fight.”- Silco
81. “It’s our turn to decide the future of Hextech.”- Jayce Tails
82. “The Arcane is dangerous, Jayce. A force of nature. Science cannot control it.”- Heimerdinger
83. “You’re doing great, Chuck.”- Jinx
Up to no good, Jinx jokes with the bartender and calls him Chuck. Since Jinx is saying the wrong name, the bartender tells her his name is Thieram. Jinx ignores him and continues to call him Chuck. Because of her energetic attitude, Jinx gets Thieram to tell her about the two girls that fought Sevika. As a parting gift, Jinx leaves an exploding paint bomb on ‘Chuck’s’ back.
84. “It’s hard to check up on people from inside a concrete cell”-Vi
Vi shows her spunk. When Caitlyn finds out about Powder, she asks Vi how she does not know if she is alive or dead. Vi reminds Caitlyn of her being away in jail. In order to show Caitlyn how tragic her life is, she states that her parents were killed by Enforcers.
85. “If my own family won’t help me, I’ll find someone who will.”- Jayce Trails
86. “Jayce has brokered a peace with Silco. In exchange for the undercity’s independence.”- Viktor
87. “No great science should ever put lives in danger.”- Heimerdinger
88. “The younger folk think it’s the right thing to do. They’re growing up, Vander. Looking to write their own stories. You can’t protect them forever.”- Benzo
As a friend of Vander, Benzo tries to get Vander to allow the children to fight. Benzo understands that Vander wants to protect the children. However, Benzo also knows that it should the children’s decision if they fight or not.
89. “I thought maybe you could love me like you used to. Even though I’m…different. But you changed too. So…Here’s to the new us.”- Jinx
After Jinx sees that she cannot be Powder for Vi, she realizes they cannot have the same relationship. Knowing so much has happened, Jinx decides that she will let go of her past and Vi. Jinx believes that they can no longer have their loving relationship
90. “I never would have given you to them. Not for anything. Don’t cry. You’re perfect.”- Silco
Silco shows his love for Jinx as he dies. Although Jinx killed him instead of Vi, Silco still holds his loyalty to Jinx.
91. “Do you know what the success rate for senior Academy inventors is? Three percent. We’re no strangers to failure. What makes this the City of Progress is that we keep trying until we get it right.”- Jayce Tails
92. “Sisters, right? You can’t live with them, can’t stuff them back in the old babymaker”- Jinx
93. “You shy? Or just ugly?”- Vi
After Vi is taken by the Firelights, she is met with a masked man. Furthermore, she does let anyone intimidate her as she insults people around her. And because Vi is separated from Jinx and Caitlyn, she is angry.
94. “Imagining yourself a hero? One final act to make you the martyr you’ve always seen yourself as? ”- Silco
Silco calls out Marcus for saying that their operation has gone too far. He only values his desires, and he does not feel sympathy for Marcus. Marcus imagines that he sets off Silco’s bomb to stop his guilt.
95. “I know it sounds impossible, but what have we ever let that stop us?”- Jayce Tails
96. “If you were a scientist, you’d know you can’t make a prototype without breaking a few wrenches.”- Heimerdinger
97. “We blew up a building.”- Vander
Because Vi’s robbery did not go as planned, Vander is mad at her. Vi tries to explain that she can handle a real job. Due to the failure of Vi’s plan, Vander reminds her of the damage to show she is not ready.
98. “You’ve always been a part of this. You just never had to look it in the eye. One dead kid? There’s hundreds more where he came from, thanks to Silco and thanks to people like you who stuck their heads in the dirt.”- Vi
Jayce tells Vi that he cannot work with her because of the boy’s death. In anger, Vi tells Jayce that he is just like Silco. Because Jayce has only been focused on Piltover, Vi reminds him of the people who died in Zaun.
99. “Sevika? That orge couldn’t clean a dust bunny with a blowtorch.”
100. “There is always a choice.”- Viktor
Viktor tells Jayce that they should not use Hextech for weapons. Instead of being persuaded by Jayce, Viktor reminds him that they created Hextech to improve lives. And because Viktor is from the undercity, he does not want to destroy lives.
Arcane was announced during the 10th anniversary of the League of Nations, and the show is seen as a homage to the 600 million fans. Netflix kept fans interested as the show was released in chapters.
It is no surprise that viewers are wanting a second season. With the characters being dynamic, there are so many interesting quotes.
Hope you love these quotes from Arcane. Make sure to watch Arcane on Netflix:
If you enjoy these quotes from Arcane, check out these articles: