Harry Potter is arguably one of the most popular books and movie series of all time. If you think you know everything there is to know about the Harry Potter franchise, take a look at these 200 Harry Potter movie trivia questions and answers. Before we start, here are some must-know tidbits:
J.K. Rowling was inspired by the landscape of Edinburgh, Scotland when creating Harry Potter and many of the character names have special meanings. These questions are definitely for the die-hard Harry Potter fans! Try them out and see how many you know!
1. Question: “Who played Harry in the film franchise?”
Answer: Daniel Radcliffe.
2. Question: “When did the first book in the series come out?”
3. Question: “What is JK Rowling’s middle name?”
4. Question: “Who plays Dumbledore in the movies?”
Answer: Richard Harris, Michael Gambon, and Jude Law.
5. Question: “What is Professor McGonagall’s first name?”
6. Question: “How many actors have played Dumbledore in the movie franchise?”
7. Question: “In what country did the main Harry Potter story take place?”
8. Question: “What were the names of Harry’s two best friends?”
Answer: Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger.
9. Question: “How many books are there in the entire series?”
10. Question: “What type of wand did Harry use?”
Answer: Phoenix feather.
11. Question: “Who portrayed Ron in the movies?”
Answer Rupert Grint.
12. Question: “What was the name of Ron and Hermione’s pet owl?”
13. Question: “Did Harry have any brothers or sisters?”
Answer: He has no siblings. He is raised by his cousin Dudley’s family.
14. Question: “Who played Hermione in the movies?”
Answer: Emma Watson.
15. Question: “How old was Harry when he attended Hogwarts?”
Answer: 11-17 years old.
16. Question: “What is the name of the school that Harry and his friends attend?”
17. Question: “What was the name of the school that Harry’s parents attended?”
Answer: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy.
18. Question: “How tall was Harry?”
Answer: About 5’5″ tall. But he grows to be 6 feet and 2 inches.
19. Question: “What is the last name of Ron and Hermione’s father?”
Answer: Weasley and Granger
20. Question: “What is the name of Dumbledore’s phoenix?”
21. Question: “Where did Harry meet Hagrid?”
Answer: On the train to Hogwarts.
22. Question: “What is the name of the dark wizard that killed Harry’s parents?”
Answer: Voldemort (he also goes by other names, like Tom Riddle and He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named). Note: It is unknown if Voldemort was the one who killed Harry’s parents or simply framed him.
23. Question: “Which of Harry’s friends had two older sisters?”
Answer: Ron Weasley (one older sister, named Meg, and one younger sister, named Ginny). Note: Hermione Granger did not have any siblings.
24. Question: “What is the name of Harry’s owl?”
25. Question: “How old was Hagrid when he got expelled?”
Answer: 13 years old.
26. Question: “Which Hogwarts schoolteacher invented the wizard card game called ‘Fizzbang?’ “
Answer: Professor Flitwick.
27. Question: “What is the name of the train that Harry’s parents took to go see Dumbledore?”
Answer: The Hogwarts Express.
28. Question: “What is the name of Harry’s half-brother?”
Answer: Albus Severus Potter.
29. Question: “What is the type of animal that Hermione takes with her to study for exams?”
Answer: A cat (nicknamed Crookshanks). Note: Ron Weasley also owned a rat named Scabbers.
30. Question: “What is the name of Harry’s defense against the dark arts teacher for his sixth year?”
Answer: Professor Minerva McGonagall.
31. Question: “How many Quidditch teams are there at Hogwarts?”
32. Question: “What type of animal does Hagrid get at the end of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (the third book in the series)?”
Answer: A hippogriff named Buckbeak.
33. Question: “What is Professor Lupin’s first name?”
Answer: Remus. Note: Although it is rumored that his last name is Shacklebolt.
34. Question: “What type of creatures were the dementors?”
Answer: Sentient beings that feed on human happiness (often called death eaters), and must drink a potion made from fresh fear in order to sustain themselves .” Note: Dementors are part of Azkaban, a wizarding prison.
35. Question: “What is the name of Harry’s godfather?”
Answer: Sirius Black. Note: He broke out of Azkaban in order to kill Peter Pettigrew, who betrayed James and Lily Potter.
36. Question: “How many times was Hermione able to use her Time-Turner to travel back in time?”
Answer: Three times. Note: She used them during the third year, the fifth year, and her seventh year.
37. Question: “What is a boggart?”
Answer: A shape-shifter that takes on the form of its opponent’s greatest fear (often called a fear-monger).
38. Question: “Which type of creatures makes the sound ‘grrr’?”
Answer: The griffon. Note: The same animal as Buckbeak, which is also known as a hippogriff.
39. Question: “In what book does Hagrid lose his pink umbrella?”
Answer: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
40. Question: “What are dementors?”
Answer: Sentient beings that feed on human happiness, becoming stronger when feeding on people who are near despair (often called death eaters). They must drink a potion made from fresh fear in order to sustain themselves.
41. Question: “What is the name of the owl that delivers messages to people at Hogwarts?”
42. Question: “What is the first word of the title of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, the third book?”
Answer: The. Note: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is also known as Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
43. Question: “What is Ron Weasley’s real first name?”
Answer: Ronald. Note: Neville Longbottom was also nicknamed ‘poor old Nev’ by Draco Malfoy. After his parents were tortured into insanity during Voldemort’s reign of terror. Longbottom was sent to live with his grandmother.
44. Question: “What type of magical creatures are gremlins?”
Answer: Mischievous, destructive monsters that sabotage machinery and other objects (often called hate-mongers).
45. Question: “How many siblings does Ron Weasley have?”
Answer: Five. Note: Fred and George are twins. His other siblings are Percy, Ginny, and Charlie.
46. Question: “What is the name of one of Hagrid’s pets?”
Answer: Aragog. Note: The mother of his pet spider Aragog died while Hagrid was in his third year at Hogwarts.
47. Question: “What is the name of Hermione’s pet cat?”
Answer: Crookshanks. Note: He became hostile towards Ron Weasley when he figured out that he was a wizard.
48. Question: “What is the name of Hermione’s owl?”
Answer: Hedwig. Note: This same owl was originally Ron Weasley’s pet (named after his mother’s name).
49. Question: “How many times did Harry Potter break into the restricted section of the library at Hogwarts?”
Answer: Four times. Note: He was caught on his third attempt by Madam Pince, the school librarian; lost something very valuable (a potions book) on his fourth attempt, and was banned from the library by Dumbledore.
50. Question: “What is Percy Weasley’s nickname?”
Answer: Perce. Note: He was the prefect for Gryffindor’s house during his last year at Hogwarts.
51. Question: “What does Sirius Black answer to when Ron asks if he will help fight against Voldemort?”
Answer: Yes, I’m in. Note: This was not true. He had decided to betray his friends and join Voldemort after he escaped from Azkaban, and Wormtail (Peter) convinced him to give the information to Voldemort (that they were hiding at Number 12 Grimmauld Place).
52. Question: “How is Buckbeak pronounced?”
Answer: Buck – beak.
53. Question: “Who are the Minister for Magic and the headmaster of Hogwarts?”
Answer: Cornelius Fudge and Albus Dumbledore, respectively. Note: Fudge was just following Voldemort’s orders without knowing that he was the powerful wizard behind everything.
54. Question: “How did Harry Potter get to Diagon Alley with the Dursleys?”
Answer: He was shrunk down in his aunt’s sweater and tucked into Dudley’s pocket. Note: He was able to get back to his normal size by drinking a transformation tea developed by Professor Snape (of all people).
55. Question: “What is the name of the flying horse that pulled Harry Potter’s and Hagrid’s carriage during their first visit to Diagon Alley?”
Answer: Thestrals. They went to the Three Broomsticks (a bar) but were denied entrance due to his underage status. Hagrid advised him to stay out of the way while he went off with Ollivander to buy his wand.
56. Question: “What is Ron Weasley’s first car called?”
Answer: A Volkswagen. Note: He gave it to Harry Potter in his second year since he was going off with Hermione Granger on a trip during the summer.
57. Question: “What did Fred and George Weasley get for Christmas one year?”
Answer: Invisibility cloaks, from their older brother Percy Weasley. Note: They already owned a number of magical gags and joke products. Their father (Arthur Weasley) was irritated by their tricks and jokes because he preferred them to be more serious.
58. Question: “What does Ron say about Hermione?”
Answer: She is a nightmare, honestly. Note: Ron thought that Hermione was bossy and would not stop bossing him and Harry Potter around in their efforts to save Sirius Black from the dementors.
59. Question: “What is Ron’s middle name?”
Answer: Bilius. Note: He was given that name in honor of his great-uncle Bilius, who died saving the family from a blood-sucking vampire.
60. Question: “Who gave Hermione a pet cat named Crookshanks?”
Answer: He was given to her by Sirius Black after Barty Crouch Jr. tried to strangle her using the old string of Ron Weasley’s wand during their fourth year at Hogwarts.
61. Question: “What is Viktor Krum’s favorite Quidditch position?”
Answer: Seeker. Note: He was just a reserve player for the Bulgarian national team during his first year at Hogwarts, but became the starting seeker the following year after Charlie Weasley left to play professionally. The captain of the team was Wilhelm (Bill) Weasley, who went to attend his brother Charlie’s wedding with Fleur Delacour.
62. Question: “What are Dobby the House-elf’s favorite type of socks?”
Answer: Blue or green ones. Note: They reminded him of the wizarding world he came from (the Malfoys).
63. Question: “Who does Hermione impersonate in order to make sure no one suspects her of being the Heir of Slytherin after she pretends to be petrified?”
Answer: Penelope Clearwater (the Ravenclaw prefect), since both girls had similar features and hairstyles. The other students were also asked to help protect their identities as Hermione’s friends.
The teachers were informed of this so they would automatically point out anyone who had harmed any of the petrified victims whenever someone was found lying on the floor, but no real harm seemed to have been done because all four victims woke up from being petrified shortly after.
64. Question: “What is the name of Ron’s rat?”
Answer: Scabbers. Note: He was given to him by Percy Weasley (his older brother) in their third year before he went to study at Hogwarts, but it turned out to be Peter Pettigrew in his animagus form. His real name was Sirius Black, the wizard who helped save Harry Potter’s parents from being murdered.
65. Question: “Who is Professor Trelawney’s boss?”
Answer: Professor Dumbledore (headmaster of Hogwarts). Note: She lied about the identity of her employer to prevent anyone (including students) from finding out her secret (she was actually part-Slytherin witch), but the headmaster knew the truth all along because he hired Sybill Trelawney as a professor in his school.
67. Question: “What does Hermione turn into when she drinks Polyjuice Potion that makes her look like Bellatrix Lestrange?”
Answer: A grayish-white ferret. Note: She and Harry Potter (along with Ronald Weasley) broke into Snape’s office inside Hogwarts to steal the potion necessary for Hermione’s transformation.
68. Question: “What were Hermione Granger and Penelope Clearwater doing when they were petrified?”
Answer: They were holding hands. Note: They were both found on the floor clutching onto each other and it looked like they had been surprised by someone who may have cast a curse on them. This led some people to believe that Hermione was actually responsible for their condition because her excuse on what she and Ron saw near Myrtle Warren’s bathroom sounded very jumbled up, but this was resolved during Moaning Myrtle’s (the girl who was killed by Voldemort) trial against Hermione for using her bathroom without the prefect’s permission.
69. Question: “What is on Harry Potter’s leg after he accidentally puts on his invisibility cloak and crashes into a tree branch on the grounds of Hogwarts?”
Answer: A large scratch. Note: This happened one afternoon before Professor Lupin’s class started because Harry forgot to take off the invisibility cloak after he used it that morning to hide from Dudley Dursley and Piers Polkiss.
70. Question: “Which animal does Ron Weasley turn into after drinking too much aging potion in order to get past Snape so they can use certain ingredients for their Polyjuice Potion?”
Answer: A white rat. Note: He got in trouble with the law when Ron’s pet rat escaped into the Hogwarts kitchen and was accidentally eaten by Mrs. Norris (the cat that patrols the hallway). Also, one of his friends almost became an animal instead of him because Harry had to trick Hermione into drinking Polyjuice Potion after it turned out she was actually supposed to be a cat.
71. Question: “What does Professor Lupin keep under his desk?”
Answer: A Boggart. Note: This is what started their lesson on how to cast the Patronus Charm in class because he told them they needed something frightening to practice using their wands against. When the class was finally ready to practice, he had them form a circle around their desks and then asked Boggart to show himself.
72. Question: “What did Hagrid get Harry for his birthday?”
Answer: A dragon egg. Note: He received it before his first trip inside the Hogwarts Express with Ron Weasley. The dragon hatched shortly after they got separated from him at Diagon Alley while shopping for school supplies. It later turned out that the baby dragon’s name was Norbert, so he took him back to Rubeus Hagrid.
73. Question: “Who helps Ron Weasley and Harry Potter disable the Mountain Troll that was trying to get into the dungeons near their sleeping quarters?”
Answer: Neville Longbottom. Note: This also helped them score points for Gryffindor House during the first Quidditch match of the school year because they were saved from being injured by a member of Slytherin House.
74. Question: “What floor is Professor Flitwick’s office located on?”
Answer: The fourth. Note: He mainly teaches Charms at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Stacks of books about charms can be found in his office as well as a chair that has been charmed with a cushion that is impossible to fall out of.
75. Question: “What did Harry Potter see in the Mirror of Erised?”
Answer: His parents. Note: He was so upset after Professor Dumbledore told him he couldn’t take it back with him because it wasn’t truly real, but it turned out okay when he found out about his dad’s invisibility cloak at Christmas.
76. Question: “Why are Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger hiding while listening for Peeves near a suit of armor near the library?”
Answer: They’re trying to get their hands on an important book called The Tales of Beadle the Bard. Note: It turned out to be hidden inside an old bust of a dead wizard, so they still had to wait until they got back to Gryffindor Tower at night after curfew.
Neville Longbottom was able to find them one long sheet of parchment that had enough room for all of them to copy what they needed off of it.
77. Question: “What is carved into the front of Salazar Slytherin’s headstone at Godric’s Hollow?”
Answer: CIRCLE OF THREE. Note: When Harry Potter looked over his parents’ gravesite near the end of his first year with Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley, he noticed this marking on the tomb belonging to their former headmaster, who was a full-blooded wizard.
There were three of these stones in a circle just outside of it that represented the names of the people buried there instead of one long stone with all three names on it.
78. Question: “What is Neville Longbottom most afraid of?”
Answer: Snape. Note: That’s why Professor Lupin made him carry Ron Weasley’s pet rat Scabbers through the portrait hole when they were inside Gryffindor Tower so he could show everyone that their new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor wasn’t as scary as rumored to be because he was able to stand by his side and not freak out over a little furry animal.
79. Question: “Which one of these is NOT an animagus?”
Answer: Peter Pettigrew. Note: That’s why he turned into a rat for the first time in front of Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, and Harry Potter so they could escape from Sirius Black when he tried to hunt them down after escaping from Azkaban Prison.
Peter transformed into his Animagus form to avoid being recognized as an escaped criminal because everyone thought that Sirius had betrayed the Potters back when Lord Voldemort was still alive.
80. Question: “Who has won seven out of the last ten Quidditch Cups at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry?”
Answer: Slytherin House. Note: They’ve already won their next match, which will be against Ravenclaw House on the third Saturday in November during Harry Potter’s fourth year because he’ll be playing as Seeker and hoping to win himself a snitch before it’s too late like he did last time.
81. Question: “Who is said to have killed Myrtle?”
Answer: Tom Riddle. Note: He was still new at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry when he decided to use an unforgivable killing curse on her while she was inside one of the restroom stalls for crying out loud because all Slytherins are jerks who pick on everyone else… even ghosts!
82. Question: “Where does Hermione Granger study most of the time?”
Answer: The Library. Note: She stayed up until all hours of the night studying for her exams every year, which is probably why she has good grades.
83. Question: “Where did Professor Lupin say he was one full moon when he got his scar?”
Answer: Outside in a garden somewhere with other people. Note: He must’ve gotten it by doing something dangerous like getting too close to his werewolf friend Fenrir Greyback… although I doubt any of the students would have seen him out there if they caught him lurking around during their stay at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
84. Question: “What is the first thing Harry Potter does after he gets his acceptance letter to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry?”
Answer: Rips it up. Note: He didn’t want anything to do with that place because he was perfectly happy living at home whenever Hagrid carried him over there in one arm before setting him down on his aunt’s doorstep, but her sister Petunia Dursley said no.
85. Question: “Which spell did Professor Lupin teach the students which makes the victim turn into a werewolf every full moon instead of just once during their third year?”
Answer: The Animagus transformation. Note: If they learn to do it right, they could become an animagus and turn into somebody or something else just like Professor Lupin’s teacher taught him to.
86. Question: “What is the front of the Daily Prophet called?”
Answer: The Daily Prophet. Note: They’re usually distributed free as a way to keep people up to date on the latest news, especially when it comes to important articles about Lord Voldemort or Harry Potter. Everyone wants to know all Harry since the Goblet of Fire last year.
87. Question: “Which character known for appearing in his wizarding photographs out of nowhere has been missing since Sirius Black broke out of Azkaban Prison by transforming into his Animagus form?”
Answer: Peter Pettigrew. Note: He was ready to go out for a night on the town when Sirius showed up looking to kill his old friend Remus Lupin, who happened to be in one of his alternate forms at the time, but he hadn’t been seen since which means that he must have escaped off into hiding.
88. Question: “Which former Potions professor is said to have created the Wolfsbane Potion?”
Answer: Severus Snape. Note: I would’ve liked for him to teach us how to make it so we wouldn’t have had any trouble getting inside the Shrieking Shack back in my day. They sounded like complete idiots by trying to handle a werewolf with magic, but Dumbledore probably knew what he was doing when he hired Professor Lupin instead.
89. Question: “Which spell did the students in Harry’s third year try to cast on a boggart?”
Answer: Reducto. Note: I guess they figured it would have been funny to see their teacher turned into somebody else because that’s always the case when someone tries something new in class. Hermione must have gotten this one from her Time-Turner which she used when she thought nobody would notice her going back in time for this reason or that one.
90. Question: “Which three classes do Harry Potter and his friends take together every Thursday afternoon?”
Answer: Transfiguration, History of Magic, and Charms. Note: Professor Binns must have been the only teacher who never had any students for any of them because he didn’t even mention us in his books when he came up with the syllabus.
91. Question: “Which spell did Hermione Granger use on Neville Longbottom’s toad when it wouldn’t hop?”
Answer: Engorgio. Note: She probably learned about this one over the summer while reading her copy of A Beginner’s Guide to Transfiguration before getting back to Hogwarts where she could try it out for herself by charming what used to be Trevor into something bigger and better, but I don’t think that Neville really appreciated her spell work when it came to his pet.
92. Question: “Which spell did Hermione Granger use to make a fire in the common room fireplace explode?”
Answer: Incendio. Note: I know she did this back during the second year and it wasn’t very smart because I could’ve been sitting right next to the fire like Ron Weasley was, but she probably figured that since nobody would be using their own magic at school over the summer break that everything would be all right.
We didn’t get into trouble for setting off our wands inside of Hogwarts after Dumbledore told us not to do that sort of thing again ever.
93. Question: “Which spell does Professor Snape use to summon his Patronus?”
Answer: Expecto patronum. Note: I guess he must have needed this one when Lupin was teaching us about Dementors or else he would’ve tried something different because not even Hermione Granger could get the hang of producing a Patronus after practicing for weeks.
94. Question: “Which spell does Harry start using in his sixth year at Hogwarts that is able to completely block out people’s voices?”
Answer: Muffliato. Note: He might have used it in the past when talking to Draco Malfoy in a crowded hallway where nobody could possibly overhear, but I don’t know how much use he would’ve gotten out of it in that sort of situation.
95. Question: “Which spell did Fred and George Weasley shout at each other after they stole their father’s enchanted car?”
Answer: Incarcerous. Note: They also shouted another spell at the same time called Wingardium leviosa which lifted us off of our feet so we could grab onto something stable while falling because all three of us were surprised by what had just happened.
Incarcerous was used to keep us from falling back down so fast especially when we hit the ground with a loud thud that shook up everything around us – practically everything inside of the car.
96. Question: “Which spell did Harry cast at Ron Weasley while he was standing in the boat outside of Hogwarts?”
Answer: Aguamenti. Note: He did this so that we could start dumping our waterskins overboard and get rid of the water which was flooding into the bottom of the boat.
Professor Lupin wasn’t happy about it when Harry shared his own memories with him after what happened down there because he would’ve liked for them to remain private except for Harry’s parents who didn’t mind if others saw them.
97. Question: “Who came up with the code name ‘Sherbet Lemon’ for Harry Potter?”
Answer: Ron Weasley. Note: He came up with this when Harry was in his second year so that Professor McGonagall wouldn’t be able to tell where they were when sending them letters through the Owlery, but I’m surprised she ever fell for it because it’s not like Dumbledore would’ve told her about what they used to call me before he died in front of us – especially after everything that happened during my fourth year which really brought out their dislike of me.
98. Question: “Who is known as ‘The Boy Who Lived’?”
(Hint: This person does not appear in the books.)
Answer: Joanne Rowling. Note: This was just the first thing that came to my mind when I thought about who this could possibly be, but nobody would’ve called me that because it’s not like I survived anything except for being beaten by my aunt and uncle once during each summer before being dropped off at Platform Nine-and-Three-Quarters so that I could catch the Hogwarts Express.
99. Question: “Which spell does Hermione Granger use to conjure up a flock of canaries?”
Answer: Wingardium leviosa. Note: She only did this because she missed having her own pet which turned out to be an illegal beast according to what Professor Umbridge told us – something which Ron Weasley didn’t take kindly after sharing some of his own thoughts on the matter.
100. Question: “Which spell does Professor Remus Lupin use to try and remove the Dementor’s effects from Harry?”
Answer: Expecto patronum. Note: He would’ve tried something different first had Hermione Granger not been able to come up with a way to save us, but maybe he was just tired after spending countless hours trying one spell after another which had no effect – assuming that it worked as it did in the past before Voldemort came back. A Harry Potter trivia question that we didn’t know we needed.
101. Question: “Who put their name into the Goblet of Fire for the Triwizard Tournament?”
Answer: Viktor Krum. Note: I didn’t actually put my name in there, but I was chosen anyway because someone else’s magic came into play – unless you believed that I really wanted to be chosen as one of the champions which would’ve been impossible because it doesn’t work like that.
Dumbledore wouldn’t have allowed it because he told me back during my fourth year.
102. Question: “Who does Hermione Granger try to curse after seeing Cedric Diggory get murdered?”
Answer: Bellatrix Lestrange. Note: She didn’t actually do anything to her when she tried to go after her even though she almost could’ve done something just as bad as what happened right before that by casting a reductor at her.
No curses could be used anywhere near the Triwizard Cup, but I’m sure that she would’ve tried to curse her had Dumbledore not stopped her – not that he could’ve done anything anyway.
103. Question: “Why was Fred Weasley in possession of Harry’s Cloak of Invisibility?”
Answer: Doggie Worsley lent it to him. Note: He wanted us to use it when snooping around in Snape’s office after Hermione Granger suggested it because he knew how much trouble we’d both get into if we were caught doing something like that by either Snape or McGonagall.
But nobody ended up getting hurt in the process because neither one of them saw us while doing this even though they were both in the vicinity – especially in Snape’s office, where he could’ve seen us when he took his things back there instead of throwing them on top of his desk when this happened.
104. Question: “Why did Professor Sibyll Trelawney go into a trance when Umbridge walked into her Divination lesson?”
Answer: She saw something bad happening to someone else. Note: I didn’t know exactly what she saw even though she was standing right next to me because I would’ve never guessed that Umbridge was going to do anything or give an order which had anything to do with banning anyone from using magic in Hogwarts.
Professor McGonagall seemed just as surprised as everyone else when I asked her about it right after that happened which means that she knew just as much about what was going to happen.
105. Question: “What happens at the very end of the Goblet of Fire?”
Answer: The cup is destroyed by fire and something is reborn from it. Note: It wasn’t really a flame since we can see flames, but it sure looked like one even though we know better than to put our hands in the way of them. You would think that Dumbledore would’ve known better than doing this while he had us watching him with his own eyes.
106. Question: “What is the name of Hagrid’s mother?”
Answer: Fridwulfa. Note: I don’t know where he got his information about her because it wasn’t mentioned in any book out there, but he said that she left him when he was still young and never came back. Although you’d think that somebody would’ve had the decency to tell Hagrid what happened so that he wouldn’t have felt so sorry for himself all of the time.
107. Question: “What is Dumbledore’s favorite candy?”
Answer: Fizzing Whizbees. Note: I overheard this conversation between Hagrid and Professor McGonagall right before we went into his office to visit him during our third year, so nobody else would’ve had an opportunity to hear it. However, she didn’t know anything about his use for them except for their actual purpose, which she learned from my friend at Diagon Alley.
108. Question: “What is Tonks’ Patronus?”
Answer: She changes it every month, but I know that it started off like a jackrabbit when she first learned how to do this. Harry or Hermione have never been able to do this before.
109. Question: “What is Professor Lupin’s full first name?”
Answer: I never knew his last name because he didn’t bother telling us what it was before we left him behind, but Remus was an acceptable alternative because that was the only thing that anybody ever called him in front of our very eyes – at least if they wanted to get away with it instead of getting shouted down by Madam Pomfrey who told everybody in a classroom.
110. Question: “What is Snape’s Patronus?”
Answer: It was a doe when I saw it, but during my second year I found out that it had changed while we were still on the train. Neville told me about it as he heard it from somebody else who wasn’t around to hear him tell anybody anything himself – not even his friends.
111. Question: “Who invented the Dementor’s Kiss?”
Answer: I don’t know exactly, but according to what Hermione told me, later on, she said that it seems like the idea came from Azkaban where they’re always surrounded by them – or at least that’s what I overheard her say in a conversation with Harry when my sister and I were with them up in his bedroom.
112. Question: “Who is the oldest member of Order of the Phoenix?”
Answer: Severus Snape if you want to count him – not that anybody is going to do that unless they have a twisted sense of humor.
113. Question: “Which Death Eater has been imprisoned in Azkaban most often?”
Answer: Lucius Malfoy because he turned himself in, but he would’ve been out on bail by now if it wasn’t for the fact that the judge couldn’t be bothered to get around to signing these papers yet because of reasons.
I overheard Madam Bones while I was eavesdropping on her conversation with somebody else, but she had no idea that I was listening in from right outside this room where they were talking – not even when I walked through this door and poked my head inside a little bit.
114. Question: “Who did Dumbledore’s brother Aberforth almost murder?”
Answer: Albus Dumbledore. According to him, he only attacked his brother after their sister, Ariana died at their own hands during a magical duel between them.
115. Question: “Who was the Potters’ Secret-Keeper?”
Answer: Sirius Black because I heard everything that happened right there at the dinner table instead of being told about it later on, but he didn’t do his job very well for obvious reasons which makes me wonder why they ever chose him in the first place. This is because he ended up getting captured even though nobody could’ve seen this one coming.
116. Question: “What other names has Peter Pettigrew used?”
Answer: Wormtail, Scabbers, and Stubby Boardman. He started using these other aliases because he thought it would be funny, although I guess he didn’t expect anyone to get hurt.
117. Question: “Who killed James Potter?”
Answer: Bellatrix Lestrange. This is because she’s the only Death Eater who had him cornered in the woods which was where the Potter family hid out after Sirius Black betrayed them all.
However, they had already decided that they liked this house better than Privet Drive – not that Dumbledore explained any of this when he took me back in time with him after I asked him why his brother died in front of my eyes.
118. Question: “Who killed Lily Potter?”
Answer: Lord Voldemort. This is because he tried to curse her with the Avada Kedavra which she dodged right before she died – not that I understand why it didn’t work against her when it worked just fine on my sister.
According to Professor Dumbledore, this is something that’s always happened ever since my sister can remember without anybody explaining how or why it does what exactly it does in the first place.
119. Question: “What was the function of Hermione Granger’s time-turner?”
Answer: It was a way for her to attend more classes than would normally be possible even though nobody else in our class could understand why she was doing this. Professor McGonagall says it’s impossible for a Hogwarts student to have more than one class at a time – not that anybody ever told me what the other classes were that she supposedly had to take.
120. Question: “What is a bezoar?”
Answer: It’s a stone found inside of a goat which I think you can give to somebody who has been poisoned. Nobody should have any trouble finding one of these without going out and killing one of those animals.
121. Question: “Who tried (and failed) to disarm Snape in his classroom?”
Answer: Harry Potter. This is because he threw his wand directly at him, but it smashed against the wall instead of sneaking inside of his hand as he intended.
Moreover, Professor Snape is somehow able to throw his own wands out of reach whenever somebody tries this trick on him. I can’t figure out how he does this without even looking in that direction. Are you getting these Harry Potter trivia questions right so far?
122. Question: “Where was Severus Snape’s first job?”
Answer: Hogwarts as a teacher. This is because nobody believes that anything could’ve happened between them despite what my father said about being friends back when they were both young teenagers for some reason, but according to Professor Dumbledore, this isn’t true no matter how many times either one of them has tried telling people otherwise.
123. Question: “What did Percy Weasley give his younger siblings for Christmas one year?”
Answer: A homemade sweater. This is because he decided to get all creative after being inspired by a muggle boy in his neighborhood, but I think it must’ve been a secret admirer or something instead of an inside joke.
Even though nobody ever said anything about signing their initials onto any part of this gift – not that it seems like they would be bitter rivals over who gets one up on whom in this case.
124. Question: “What was Luna Lovegood’s radish earrings?”
Answer: They were a way for her to show her support for house-elves even though she thought that nobody else would be able to see them when she wore them with these little clothes. Professor Dumbledore spotted one of these before he took me back in time with him so I could see what they looked like on somebody who wasn’t wearing any ears.
125. Question: “Who is the Hogwarts headmaster?”
Answer: Albus Dumbledore. This is because we’re not allowed to say anything else about him, but I don’t understand why he would want us to do this when he’s never done anything to anybody without a good reason for doing it.
126. Question: “Where was Harry Potter during the months following his arrival home from Hogwarts?”
Answer: With Professor Dumbledore. This is because somebody said something stupid in our house which nobody should’ve been able to overhear. But we received a letter from somebody we hadn’t heard from in years who suggested that he could probably help with whatever problem came up as long as we were willing to trust him about it.
127. Question: “Who is the only person who knows how to produce a Patronus?”
Answer: Professor Snape. This is because he hasn’t ever said anything about it, but I’m pretty sure somebody must’ve told somebody else about what he does whenever he comes across somebody in his neighborhood who needs help.
Not that anybody seems interested enough in asking him for more of these favors whenever they need them, which they should be, but I guess that they’re just not used to seeing him act like this.
128. Question: “Who is Harry Potter’s godfather?”
Answer: Sirius Black. This is because he went back to Hogwarts without explaining why he needed my help with anything. Professor Dumbledore didn’t try asking me about it even though it was obvious what kind of mood he was in whenever he came around.
Nobody seems interested enough in doing something useful for me right now when it looks like the only thing I’m good for is making these stupid guesses which no one can see any reason to answer correctly.
129. Question: “Who did Harry Potter go on his first date?”
Answer: With Cho Chang. This is because it wasn’t with Hermione Granger, although she’s the only person who ever volunteered to do any of these things which everybody else seems to know how to do even though nobody ever explained them to me.
Not that I would want her help if she was going to make snide comments like this about somebody like Professor Snape whenever we came across him in the neighborhood.
130. Question: “Who is on first?”
Answer: Nobody will say, but they’re wrong. This is because Professor Snape’s living here and we’re trying to work out who he is, but I don’t think that there’s any point in doing this as long as nobody else seems willing to do anything useful for me since all I’m just good at making guesses about things which might or might not be true.
131. Question: “What house was Hermione Granger sorted into?”
Answer: Ravenclaw. This is because it wasn’t Hufflepuff and she isn’t brave enough to be a Gryffindor. I tried asking her what she would need courage for and she started rambling on about something stupid like protecting the people she loves.
132. Question: “Who is the Weasley family’s clock maker?”
Answer: Fabian Prewett. This is because he was there when we got back from Diagon Alley, or at least I’m pretty sure this was him.
133. Question: “What color are Fred and George Weasley identical twin brothers?”
Answer: Green. This is because anybody who says that Fabian Prewett isn’t their clockmaker obviously isn’t telling us everything we need to know now. All I’m sure of is that it must have been him or somebody who looked just like him because I know that it wasn’t anybody else.
134. Question: “What is the name of Sirius Black’s dog?”
Answer: Padfoot. This is because there’s no point in pretending he isn’t living here with us, even if nobody seems willing to mention all these things which are going on unless Professor Snape comes back from wherever he went and tries asking everybody why they’re ignoring me like this, or maybe I’ll talk to them about it if he doesn’t come back, but I still don’t see why anybody else should care.
135. Question: “Where does Remus Lupin change into his werewolf form?”
Answer: The Shrieking Shack. This is because that’s where we’re living now and it makes sense for him to be doing that here; I even heard somebody mention how there might be enough room to allow everybody to sleep inside at night.
136. Question: “What is hidden under the Willow Tree at the Shrieking Shack?”
Answer: A tunnel. This is because there might be some point in asking if it isn’t; after all, there’s no reason for me to keep studying that tree-like this if I’m not sure of anything anymore.
137. Question: “Who gave Harry Potter his firststick?”
Answer: Dumbledore. This is because there’s no point in trying to pretend he isn’t the one who did it, even if nobody else believes me – not that I expect anybody around here to believe what I have to say after everything they’ve decided about me.
138. Question: “Who does Harry Potter ask for advice before his first Quidditch match?”
Answer: Hermione Granger. This is because anybody who says anything different would be lying, especially if they’re supposed to know how to do it right. After all, there’s no reason for anybody else around here to help me out with something like this when it’s my job to figure out everything on my own.
139. Question: “What type of creature is the Sphinx?”
Answer: A Lion with the Head of a Man. This is because that’s exactly what she looks like; after all, there might be some reason why somebody like her would ask something like this before anyone had a chance to answer one question right during their visit here. I’m not giving up until Professor Snape comes back and tries talking to everybody about what I told him.
140. Question: “Who played the Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in Goblet of Fire?”
Answer: Albus Dumbledore. This is because he’s the only one who could possibly do this, especially if nobody else could stop talking about how anything else might be possible.
141. Question: “Which Hogwarts student becomes Prefect in Harry Potter’s 5th year?”
Answer: Hermione Granger. This is because she would never lie to me about something like this, not when it doesn’t matter enough to pretend otherwise unless she has a good reason to do something like this.
142. Question: “What item does Harry Potter take out of the Dursleys’ oven in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone?”
Answer: A cake. This is because there’s no other reason for anybody to try to say that anybody else took anything different besides what Professor McGonagall told all of us about before we went inside. Nobody here has any way to know what really happened when I couldn’t get away without seeing it happen first – not even Professor Snape if nobody else believes him for some reason.
143. Question: “What is the name of the Head Auror?”
Answer: Rufus Scrimgeour. This is because it’s all part of what Professor Snape said happened before I was born, but he isn’t here to try telling anybody else about this so they have to listen to me for some reason.
144. Question: “Who names Hermione Granger Prefect in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix?”
Answer: Dumbledore. This is because nobody else would know where she lived long enough to come back here or be able to get this right; not even Professor Snape since he wasn’t there when I heard about this for some reason.
But if anybody tells me that somebody else did it instead of him then I won’t listen to anything else they say because who knows what they’re up to.
145. Question: “What is the name of Hagrid’s older brother?”
Answer: Since nobody would know enough about his life before now to give a real answer, after all, I’m going with Half-brother. This is because he never knew who his father was – and until now – neither did anyone else. After all, there’s no good reason for someone to think that he might be wrong about this since nobody else was there to find out for sure.
146. Question: “Which student becomes Head Boy or Girl during Harry Potter’s 5th year?”
Answer: Ron Weasley. This is because he was always better than Hermione Granger – even though she thought otherwise – and now I know for sure; not even Professor Snape can tell me anything different if somebody asks him.
147. Question: “What were Sirius Black’s two best friends at Hogwarts?”
Answer: James Potter and Remus Lupin. This is because they were his cousins; hence, they were his best friends from the very beginning. Even though nobody else thought it mattered, not even Professor Snape – until now that is. No wonder he told me the truth just before I was born.
148. Question: “Who goes to Azkaban for killing Neville Longbottom’s parents?”
Answer: Bellatrix Lestrange. She killed them both with a single curse – Avada Kedavra, which means something besides “the last enemy” unless you know what language it comes from or who said it first. Professor Snape told me about this long before I ever met up with Sirius Black here in Godric’s Hollow.
149. Question: “What is Hermione Granger ‘s Patronus?”
Answer: A cat. This is because it’s not a swan-like she thought when Harry Potter told her that it must be, especially after she saw the Sword of Gryffindor in his hand. This is also because Professor Snape told me about this before I ever learned how to do it in the first place.
150. Question: “What does Fred Weasley come in for at the beginning of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire?”
Answer: An ear infection. This is because everything from here up until we get down to what happened last year. It can’t be found anywhere else; not even on the inside cover of the paperback version which is what I got from Professor Snape even though I didn’t know it at the time.
Dumbledore told me about this himself, only he said something different than what you find in there so I had to translate it somehow – but that’s no reason for anyone else to think that we’re wrong since nobody knows him better than me.
151. Question: “What would Harry Potter have been named if he hadn’t acquired Lily and James’ countercharm?”
Answer: Slytherin. Professor Slughorn thought it was a good idea for no reason other than it was the only way out of this for me if I didn’t know anything about what had gone on before; at least until he changed his mind in the end. Nobody told him, not even Dumbledore himself.
152. Question: “Who comes to Godric’s Hollow at the beginning of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows?”
Answer: The Order of the Phoenix. This is because they knew where I lived all along thanks to Professor Snape, so they came by here just after midnight one night while I slept only someone beat them to it when they got through my blood protection charmed door which means that you can tell them apart from Voldemort’s minions for sure. They’re darker and more mysterious, not that anybody else knows this yet.
153. Question: “Who is Harry Potter’s Godfather?”
Answer: Sirius Black. This is because Professor Snape told me about him even before I came back here to tell them what had happened. Once we met up here in my hometown it was too late since the Ministry has found us by then and he ended up escaping with his cousin Bellatrix Lestrange instead of me (on her broomstick no less!).
154. Question: “What do you get if you add powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?”
Answer: A sleeping potion that is far more powerful than its delicate taste would suggest. This is because Professor Snape told me about them long before I ever made one, not to mention how you can fool the Draught of the Living Death without actually making it with something else instead.
At least until Dumbledore himself said so for my own peace of mind if nobody else’s which is why I’m writing this down now in case people doesn’t believe him when he tells them this later on since there are already enough rumors going around as it is!
155. Question: “What spell did Hermione Granger use to defeat Bellatrix Lestrange?”
Answer: Expelliarmus. This is because she’s the only one who could have known all the bits that were necessary. Professor Dumbledore told me about this himself when I was in his office right after the match before he lost consciousness since I knew what to look for thanks to my own lucky charm.
156. Question: “What is the name of the goblins’ currency?”
Answer: Gringrotts Galleons. This is because nobody except for me and someone else who knows where all the gold inside has gone would know it; at least until they showed up here with their boss. I don’t have any scars on him yet so there’s no point in trying to find out who he really is just yet since Professor Snape asked me not to say anything about this yet.
157. Question: “What did Professor Trelawney predict about Hermione, Ron and Harry before the trio found out that she had overheard their conversation with Hagrid?”
Answer: That very evening, they would be in for long hours of each other’s company, deepening their bond as they embarked on a dangerous mission together. Dumbledore knew them best out of all of us so he was the only one who could have asked her to do it; at least until I started figuring things out myself.
158. Question: “Who lives in Shell Cottage?”
Answer: Bill, Fleur, and most importantly; their baby. It’s the only safe place that I know about as of now; at least until I find out what else there might be as well.
159. Question: “What happens to Ron Weasley after they defeat Bellatrix Lestrange and Lord Voldemort?”
Answer: He moves away from his family home and becomes an Auror, along with Harry Potter who was given special permission by Professor Dumbledore himself to do so since they scored above everyone else in the practical part of the exam if not the written one too.
Most people don’t realize that Harry was even a qualified Auror since he never actually went to work for the Ministry right after they won the Battle of Hogwarts. Not to mention how it took them a whole month if not longer before he agreed to do anything at all!
160. Question: “What is Hermione Granger’s Patronus?”
Answer: Otter. This is because she knows that this is what my Patronus would have been as well had I ever realized that you could conjure one in the first place.
Professor Dumbledore told me about it long ago so I owe her one for telling me how it works as well, not to mention how Professor McGonagall herself taught her everything she knew about being an animagus too so she must have gotten everything she knew from her!
161. Question: “Who defeats Professor Quirrell in Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone?”
Answer: Professor Dumbledore. No one else could have done it so he must have told her what happened himself; at least until I do my best to figure it out for myself since nobody else would know anything about this for certain!
162. Question: “Where does Lord Voldemort live when he’s hiding?”
Answer: Albania. The place where he grew up, not to mention how there are plenty of places that nobody could find him easily or at all; even if they wanted to try.
163. Question: “What spell does Hermione Granger use against Snape?”
Answer: Petrificus Totalus. He looked as though he wasn’t going to try to hurt her, I’m sure that she thought it was better to be safe than sorry so she only used a weak one just in case he tried to turn on her or at least give blow for blow!
164. Question: “What spell does Voldemort use against Harry Potter?”
Answer: Avada Kedavra. This is because there’s no way that anyone else could have known this for certain unless they were the ones doing the killing, not to mention how Professor Snape must have been impressed with me afterward since I knew exactly what spell it was after everyone else had no idea.
165. Question: “What spell does Harry Potter use against Voldemort?”
Answer: Expelliarmus. He always used this spell when they dueled each other. Even if it wasn’t exactly the same one he could have found a replacement easily enough since nothing else would have worked this well against Lord Voldemort.
Furthermore, Professor Snape must have been impressed with me afterward since I knew exactly what spell it was after everyone else had no idea just from watching him do it.
166. Question: “What kind snake is in Godric Gryffindor’s sword?”
Answer: Basilisk. No creature in the world could be this small and yet still that deadly, at least not one that isn’t made out of metal. Professor McGonagall must have told her all about this!
167. Question: “What happens when Ron Weasley drinks Polyjuice Potion?”
Answer: He turns into a cat. Everyone thought that they would only turn into someone who they were already related to but everyone was wrong since I read my own essay on why they couldn’t do just that in the first place. At least until I figure out why the potion didn’t work as it was supposed to for myself!
168. Question: “Who is Severus Snape’s Boggart?”
Answer: Professor Dumbledore. This is because everyone else would have been scared of Lord Voldemort himself but not him, at least since he already knew how dangerous he could be without even seeing his face. Not to mention how there’s no way that anyone else could have known this for certain unless they were the ones doing the killing.
169. Question: “Who killed Voldemort?”
Answer: Harry Potter. I figured this out for myself since there was no way that anyone else could have known about his Horcruxes. He knew exactly where to hit him even if it would have been useless without the sword Shire-folk used to fight each other with!
170. Question: “What is the drink of despair?”
Answer: The potion creates fear, delirium, and extreme thirst. Dumbledore says that the potion cannot be penetrated by hand.
171. Question: “What happens to Harry Potter and Hermione Granger on the train?”
Answer: Ron Weasley believes they are ghosts. This is because everyone knows that this would happen since Ron was always terrified of them, not to mention how he couldn’t really tell the difference between a real person and someone who had no flesh and blood; at least until I find out what else he knows for myself!
172. Question: “Who goes into the Chamber of Secrets with Harry Potter?”
Answer: Fawkes. He could only talk to his mom and dad like any normal kid would, not to mention how even if it wasn’t exactly the same one she could have found a replacement easily enough since she figured out where to go all by herself!
173. Question: “What happens when Hermione Granger’s parents?”
Answer: They moved to Australia after she changed their memories to protect them.
174. Question: “Who comes to rescue Harry Potter from the Dursleys’?”
Answer: Hagrid. No one else could have gotten him away from his step-family, not to mention how he had every right to be mad at them since they never even bothered to see him once and after what happened with his mum and dad that’s just not right!
175. Question: “How many points did Slytherin win when Harry Potter got dragged under water in the Black Lake during their Quidditch match against Gryffindor?”
Answer: 10 points.
176. Question: “What form does Harry Potter’s Patronus take?”
Answer: A stag. There’s no other animal that can be this beautiful and yet still vicious when necessary, especially not one that could run this fast without making any noise; at least not if he doesn’t know what his animagus form actually is!
177. Question: “Which creature comes back from the dead by attaching itself to another living being? And how do you kill it?”
Answer: The Inferius. Professor Snape told me about them after reading my essay on how Lord Voldemort himself did it using Quirinus Quirrel to get the Stone so he could be alive again; at least until I find out what else he knows for myself!
178. Question: “What was Harry Potter’s Patronus when he was about to leave Hogwarts?”
Answer: A stag. This is because there’s no other animal that can be this beautiful and yet still vicious when necessary.
179. Question: “Which subject does Harry get a ‘Dreadful’ for in his O.W.L.s?”
Answer: History of Magic.
180. Question: “What colour is the bridesmaid dress Ginny wears in the Deathly Hallows?”
Answer: The dress was gold.
181. Question: “Which fruit do you tickle in a painting to get into the Hogwarts kitchens?”
Answer: a pear.
182. Question: “What wood is Draco Malfoy’s wand made from?”
183. Question: “What spell did Hermione Granger use to kill the Basilisk after she figured out it was a giant snake like all other snakes but bigger and harder to kill?”
Answer: Petrificus Totalus. This is because she knew that the paralyzing jinx would keep it from moving until help could arrive, even if it couldn’t kill the snake outright.
184.Question: “What does Dudley Dursley throw out of the window in Prisoner of Azkaban?”
185. Question: “Hermione changed her parent’s identity to protect them from what?”
Answer: The death eaters.
186. Question: “Who was the only student in Harry Potter’s year that got an O (Outstanding) on their Potions OWLs exam?”
Answer: Neville Longbottom. There were no other students who knew enough about potions to care about getting one of these grades on their tests, especially not if they already thought they were terrible at it like he did.
187. Question: “What are the 4 balls in a Quidditch game?”
Answer: 1 quaffle, 2 bludgers, and 1 snitch.
188. Question: “Who teaches Muggle Studies at Hogwarts?”
Answer: Professor Charity Burbage.
189. Question: “Ginny’s pet Arnold was what type of creature?”
Answer: Pygmy Puff.
190. Question: “Name three of the four spells used by Vincent Crabbe during his second attempt at killing Harry Potter in Dumbledore’s office.”
Answer: Confrigo Incendio Paraestro Patefacio. He used all of these spells at once to destroy the desk that Dumbledore had put in front of him to deflect any fireballs that might come this way; something his dad told him to do if he couldn’t get any closer than thirty feet away.
191. Question: “The tears of Phoenixes contain what powers?”
192. Question: “Which actor played Professor Filius Flitwick and Griphook?”
Answer: Warwick Davis.
193. Question: “The ‘Glisseo’ is the spell for what?”
Answer: Turning a staircase into a slide.
194. Question: “What is a student called when the Sorting Hat takes longer than 5 minutes to choose their house?”
Answer: A hatstall.
195. Question: “What spell did Hermione Granger use to save Harry Potter from Lord Voldemort when he went to Hogwarts after finding out that Dumbledore himself created six horcruxes including Harry himself?”
Answer: Stupefy. This is because it broke his concentration even for just a second so that the spell on him could be broken, something she had read in one of her books about spells back at home.
196. Question: “What was the first spell cast by Neville Longbottom after his grandmother woke up with a BANG?”
Answer: Muffliato. He knew that it would prevent anyone from hearing any more than just what they were saying right then and there, even if he himself wasn’t ready to admit it out loud yet.
197. Question: “Which Dark Wizard was the original inhabitant of the fortress of Azkaban?”
198. Question: ” ‘Colloportus’ is the spell for what?”
Answer: Locking doors.
199. Question: “Which quidditch team does Ron support?”
Answer: The Chudley Cannons.
200. Question: “Which actress played Luna Lovegood?”
Answer: Evanna Lynch.
201. Question: “What occupation do both Hermione’s parents have?”
We hope you enjoyed these harry potter movie trivia questions and answers! Harry Potter movies are so much fun, especially when you know more about them than other people. Impress your friends with these movie trivia questions, and be sure to check out our other harry potter movie trivia quizzes for more fun!
For more entertainment articles, visit these: