Legally Blonde persists through the ages as an iconic movie with the best quotes. So, let’s take a look at 26 of the best quotes from Legally Blonde.
It’s is the perfect comedy for anyone who wants to laugh and learn. It’s a timeless classic that’s been around for more than 20 years and is still popular today.
Whether you’re a movie fan or not, it has some of the most quotable quotes and sound advice. The best part is that it was written by a woman. She introduced us to Elle Woods — played by Reese Witherspoon— and the inspiration and feminist movie of the century.
Elle Woods quotes are some of the best inspirational quotes and feminism quotes to come out of any movie.
With fun Legally Blonde characters like Elle Woods, Brooke Taylor Windham, Warner Huntington III, Chutney Windham, and Enrique Salvatore fans will love it!
Here is the scoop on the best Legally Blonde quotes!
1. “The rules of hair care of simple and finite. Any Cosmo Girl would have known.” -Elle Woods:
One of the Legally Blonde famous quotes comes after Elle won the case for Brooke Taylor Windham. A simple slip up into the care of Chutney Windham’s perm helped Elle prove her client was innocent.
This quote perfectly embodies the way in which people underestimated Elle and in the end her expertise in hair care made her a star.
2. “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don’t shoot their husbands.” -Elle Woods
This quote from Elle comes from her reasoning as to why Brooke Windham is innocent. Elle had a close connection to Brooke who was a physical trainer. Elle’s simple reasoning comes into play and makes it one of the best quotes of the legally blonde movie.
3. “When used appropriately, it has an 83 percent rate of return on a dinner invitation. It’s called the Bend And Snap!” -Elle Woods
The Bend and Snap makes its iconic debut in the scene where Elle teaches the ladies of the salon how to properly catch a man’s attention. It then evolves into a scene of ladies doing the bend and snap and had women doing the bend and snap in their homes.
The Bend and Snap is no doubt an iconic piece of the movie and takes its place as one of the best legally blonde quotes.
4. “Gay men know designers, straight men don’t.” – Elle Woods
After her encounter with Enrique and her Prada shoes, Elle makes the inference that Enrique is gay and was lying about sleeping with Miss Windham. While trying to explain this to her legal team, Elle uses Warner as an example who says her shoes are just brown.
5. “I’m taking the dog, dumbass!” – Paulette Bonafonté
One of the best quotes of the Legally Blonde movie comes from Paulette, especially when you can imagine her saying it with her signature accent. Paulette gains enough courage to confront her abusive ex-boyfriend and with the help of Elle gets her dog back.
6. “If I’m gonna be partner in a law firm by the time I’m 30, I’m going to need a boyfriend who’s not such a complete bonehead.” – Elle Woods
This quote satisfies the viewers need for a come back story and Elle serves this sting to Warner. Warner expressed interest again after seeing Elle’s success, but she comes back with this stinger the same way Warner did to her when they broke up.
7. “If you’re going to let one stupid prick ruin your life, you’re not the girl I thought you were.” – Professor Stromwell
Female empowerment is a strong theme in this movie and unsuspecting support comes from one of her tough professors. Elle vents to Paulette at the salon after being embarrassed by Professor Callahan and Vivian, Professor Stromwell overhears the conversation and surprises Elle with this best quote of Legally Blonde.
8. “I once had to judge a tighty-whitey contest for Lambda Kappa Pi. Trust me, I can handle anything.” – Elle
Elle uses her abilities as her sorority’s president and her experiences with fraternities to take on law school. Elle’s enthusiasm for new challenges translates into this quote and makes it a funny moment.
Legally Blonde gives audiences a glimpse into college life, so it’s also helpful for upcoming college freshman to see.
9. “I feel comfortable using legal jargon in everyday life. [whistle] I Object!” – Elle Woods
Elle has a way of showing off her skills and this comedic use of legal jargon makes this one of the best Legally Blonde quotes. This quote appears in Elle’s acceptance video to Harvard where it’s full of her preppy and Malibu Barbie style in contrast to most Harvard applications.
10. “You must always have faith in people. And, most importantly, you must always have faith in yourself.” – Elle Woods
The most sentimental of quotes comes from Elle’s valedictorian speech. This quotes ranks as one of the best Legally Blonde quotes because it reminds the audience of an important lesson. The movie’s biggest theme reminds us to believe in ourselves just as Elle did.
11. “Whoever said orange is the new pink was seriously disturbed.” – Elle
I think most people would agree with Elle on this one. This line sits on our list of best Legally Blonde movie quotes because of how iconic it is. Elle sports her signature pink, so there’s no mistake that she would support pink all the way.
Legally Blonde is one of the best comedy movies for tweens or adults, everyone loves it!
12. “Could I have been any more goddamn spastic?” – Paulette Bonafonté
Paulette may be one of the most relatable characters with this quote. She struggles with her self-confidence and becomes a mess of herself whenever faced with the UPS men she has a crush on. After a particular encounter, she makes this remark that joins our list of best quotes from Legally Blonde.
13. “Wow. Don’t you look like a walking felony.” — Warner Huntington III
The ever lovely Warner says this to Elle when she shows up to the party dressed up as a Playboy Bunny. It’s a small comment, but it makes a big enough impact to hit out list of best Legally Blonde quotes.
14. “Don’t stomp your little last season Prada shoes at me, honey.” — Enrique Salvatore
This sass-filled line became on the best lines of the Legally Blonde movies. Witness Enrique comes face to face with an impatient Elle during the trial. He makes this comment to her which unknowingly changes the course of Elle’s career and the trial.
15. “I’m Elle Woods and this is Bruiser Woods and we’re both Gemini vegetarians.”
The introductions of all introductions makes this one the best Legally Blonde quotes. Elle arrives at Harvard with all eyes on her and promptly introduces herself and her dog Bruiser to one of student workers on move-in day.
16. “Do you think she woke up one morning and said, ‘I think I’ll go to law school today?’” — Professor Callahan
This may the funniest lines that Professor Callahan had the whole movie. After an interaction with Elle, he makes his remark to Emmett obviously flustered. The most ironic thing about it is because Elle did decide to go to Harvard on a whim which makes it one the best movie quotes.
17. “If I’m gonna be a senator, well I need to marry a Jackie, not a Marilyn.” — Warner
Warner explains rather rudely to Elle why they need to break up while making a reference to the historical scandal of President JFK cheating on his wife Jackie Kennedy with Marilyn Monroe. It’s a punch to the gut for Elle and for the audience. The quote is no less iconic than it is harsh.
18. “Oh, I like your outfit, too, except when I dress up as a frigid b*tch, I try not to look so constipated.” – Elle Woods
The best quotes of Legally Blonde comes as a biting comeback from Elle. Elle has a sweet, bubbly personality, but when she’s duped into dressing up a playboy bunny for a college party by Vivian she serves her nastiest insult on a silver platter.
19. “Oh, sweetheart, you don’t need law school. Law school is for people who are boring and ugly and serious. And you, button, are none of those things.” — Elle’s Father
This small interaction where Elle tells her parents she wants to go to Harvard gives us a glimpse into her family and a bit of backstory. This line from her father and her mother’s remarks make it obvious where Elle has come from.
20. “I don’t need backups. I’m going to Harvard.” – Elle Woods
Elle meets with her advisor to discuss her journey of getting into Harvard and her advisor doubts Elle’s ability to be accepted with her major in Fashion Merchandising. Elle exudes confidence and sets her sights on getting into Harvard or nothing at all.
21. Emmett: “I can’t believe you just called me a butthead. I don’t think anybody has called me a butthead since the 9th grade.” Elle: “Maybe not to your face.”
Emmett may be the only male counterpart that supports Elle through her journey and he is thoroughly intrigued by her bubbly nature. At one point, Elle calls him a butthead and the following interaction occurred.
22. “It has come to my attention that the maintenance staff is switching our toilet paper from Charmin… to generic. All those opposed to chafing, please say ‘Aye.'” — Elle Woods
This quote appears in Elle’s admission video where she’s demonstrating her leadership skills with her sorority sisters. It’s a laughable show of Elle’s leadership skills, but the innocence of it make the quote one of the best.
23. “She could use some mascara and some serious highlights, but she’s not completely unfortunate looking.” – Elle Woods
Paulette asks Elle if Warner’s new girlfriend, Vivian, is pretty than her and naturally, this was Elle’s response. While it’s not a full diss it still has a sting and describes exactly how Elle feels about seeing her boyfriend downgrade.
24. “We Did It!” – Elle Woods
This short quote comes from the iconic Elle Woods graduation speech as valedictorian. She talks about the trials and tribulations of her time at Harvard Law. She also thanks the people that believed in her and helped her along the way to help her get where she is. The speech is inspiring and captures the essence of the movies main theme.
25. “I’ll show you how valuable Elle Woods can be.”
In a run in with Warner at the college party, they have a conversation about their future and where they stand with each other. Warner has some choice words to say and Elle ends with this iconic quote. Elle’s determination comes through and makes this one of the best Legally Blonde quotes.
26. Warner: “You got into Harvard Law?” Elle: “What, like it’s hard?”
This may be the best of the best Legally Blonde quotes. It could be the most recognizable and iconic quotes to come from the movie. It’s all because when Elle encounters Warner during her first day at Harvard and he’s shocked to see her there. Elle serves the most nonchalant line of the movie.
Why are these the best of the best Legally Blonde quotes?
These “Legally Blonde” quotes remind us you should never give up on your dreams no matter what happens because that will prevent you from achieving them, which will be devastating later on in life. It’s also important to learn from other people’s mistakes and work as hard as you possibly can so that you can get the results that you want in life.
Where can you find the best Legally Blonde Quotes?
As of right now, Legally Blonde is available on Netflix, so you can get your fill of the best quotes from the Legally Blonde movies. Rewatch this iconic movie over and over and find more of the best quotes because there’s no shortage of them.
Netflix is notorious for replacing movies and shows each year, so if you want a more permanent option look for the movie and its sequels on Amazon. Get a cozy blanket and some popcorn, and have a movie night!
For more of your favorite movie quotes, check out Top 10 Quotes From Disney’s “Cruella” and Top 50 Marvel Cinematic Universe Quotes Of All Time.