Disclosure: I am an official ambassador for Dole Fresh. Dole provided me with compensation for my time. As always, all opinions expressed in this post are mine.
I am so excited to share some fun recipes from Dole and Disney! The year was 1928. Mickey Mouse made his Hollywood debut in Steamboat Willie, the seven-and-a-half-minute animated short film that would foreshadow the world’s most beloved brand of entertainment.
At 167 years old, Dole knows a thing or two about longevity as well. At the same time Mickey was being introduced to the world, 2,500 miles across the Pacific in Hawaii, James Drummond Dole was overseeing a 20,000-acre pineapple plantation that would grow into the world’s largest provider of fresh fruits and vegetables. In Honduras, a precursor to Dole’s Latin American operations, there were already hospitals and schools being opened for its thousands of employees growing bananas for a hungry world.
Nine decades later, Dole and Disney come together to celebrate Mickey’s 90th Anniversary with four months of activities highlighted by fresh takes on some iconic recipes and new dishes honoring the True Original as well as the two brands’ long collaborative friendship.
It’s the culmination of Dole’s yearlong “Powering the Hero Within” (#DoleHero) initiative, an ambitious healthy-eating alliance that marries Dole fruits, vegetables and nutrition with the most popular Disney films and characters.
I have always been a huge Disney fan, and with Walt Disney having some roots in Kansas City I could not pass up the opportunity to share a few of my favorite Disney inspired recipes!
Prep Time: 10 min.
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup chopped fresh DOLE® Tropical Gold® Pineapple
- 1 medium ripe DOLE® Banana
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- COMBINE all ingredients in blender. Cover, blend until smooth.
- GARNISH smoothie glasses with additional fresh mint, if desired, serve.
Prep Time: 25 min.
Makes 8 servings
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice and zest of lemon
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 cups DOLE® Brussels Sprouts, shaved
- ¼ cup DOLE® Green Onions, chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- HEAT nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add almonds, and allow to cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until toasted and fragrant. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- WHISK together lemon juice, pepper, salt, garlic and olive oil in a large bowl and allow to stand for 5 minutes to infuse the flavors.
- STIR in Parmesan cheese, Brussels sprouts, toss to evenly coat with the dressing. Sprinkle almonds, green onions, and cranberries over salad.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Makes 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons no-added sugar ketchup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 16 medium DOLE® Carrots, peeled
- 8 whole grain hot dog buns
- 1 pkg. (8.6 oz) DOLE® Sweet Apple Slawesome! Kit
- PREHEAT oven 350°F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- WHISK together ketchup, olive oil, mustard, vinegar, soy sauce, paprika and pepper in a small bowl.
- PLACE carrot onto prepared baking sheet and brush with half ketchup mixture.
- BAKE 50 to 60 minutes or until carrots are fork tender, rotating carrots and brushing with the remaining marinade halfway through the roasting process.
- SERVE carrots in hot dog buns, topped with Dole Sweet Apple Slawsome Kit, or your favorite Slawesome Kit.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Makes 12 servings
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium ripe DOLE® Bananas, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dairy free coconut whipped topping
- 24 DOLE Banana Dippers, slightly thawed
- PREHEAT oven 375°F. Line large muffin cups with paper liners.
- PLACE all the ingredients into food processor or blender. Cover; blend until smooth. Fill muffin cups one-half full.
- BAKE 18 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- COOL 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- SPOON a rounded teaspoon whipped topping on each cupcake, place 2 banana dippers on each side of whipped topping and serve.
Le Creuset Giveaway:
Mickey Mouse Collection Set
Excited for Mickey Mouse’s 90th Anniversary? I have a FUN giveaway to celebrate! One lucky reader will win a Disney Mickey Mouse Collection set from Le Crueset! Open to U.S. residents only. Enter to win by liking Dole and Le Creuset’s posts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and enter via the Rafflecopter widget form below and be sure to check out my other giveaways while you are here. GOOD LUCK!aa Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Disney. Dole and Le Creuset are the sole sponsors of these prizes, however the giveaway is solely owned, administered, solicited and operated by me. Sarah’s Scoop is not responsible for prize fulfillment. In order to be eligible to win, the winner must like/follow Le Creuset on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and Dole on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. One winner will be randomly selected using the Rafflecopter random selector and will be notified via email. Once notified, the winner will have 24 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or Google. Void where prohibited. This disclosure is made in accordance with the FTC 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements.