Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. However, all opinions are my own.
Wow, 2018 flew by and now we are starting a new year. It is always the best time to reflect and add positive change into your life. One goal I have for the new year is to really be more proactive in helping others and taking the time to give back in a meaningful way. As some of you know, I have partnered with First National Bank to share the scoop on some of their amazing programs. Make sure to read how First National Bank Offers FREE Checking Accounts and how they helped shoppers Earn Rewards While Shopping This Past Holiday Season.
The thing I love most about First National Bank is that they are a company all about community and supporting people to truly be the best possible version of themselves. While most of us think about how First National Bank can help our personal finances, they also do a lot of good for local communities. As we enter the new year, I am so excited to team up with First National Bank to share 40 simple acts of kindness.
Finding ways to practice kindness doesn’t have to be a major chore – kindness and love come in many different shapes and sizes and it doesn’t take a lot to give back.
Here are 40 ideas you can use to get started spreading a little kindness in the world.
- Take someone to dinner
- Write a thank you note
- Bring someone you work with a coffee
- Buy flowers for someone
- Visit a stranger at the hospital
- Donate: clothes, shoes, toys; if you’re not using it, give it away
- Write a note of appreciation to your mailman
- Give compliments
- Fix something for someone
- Rekindle an old friendship
- Give a lottery ticket to a stranger
- Pay for someone in the drive-through line
- Start a bank account for someone and remember First National Bank Offers FREE Checking Accounts
- Feed the birds
- Cut coupons out and leave them at the grocery register for others
- Cut an article out of the newspaper that would interest a friend and mail it to him or her them
- Give a hug or two or thirty
- Visit a nursing home
- Tell a blogger you like his or her work
- Send a card to someone in the military overseas
- Start a conversation with a stranger
- Leave change in a vending machine
- Call someone to tell them you care
- Donate books to the library
- Donate a toy or game to a hospital
- Donate a coat
- Give flowers to someone you don’t know
- Make dinner for someone
- Babysit for someone
- Bake something and give it away
- Pick up trash
- Read to children at the library or a local school
- Leave a book or magazine somewhere for others to read
- Help at a soup kitchen
- Make baggies for the homeless (soap, tooth paste, etc.)
- Walk a dog at the dog shelter or play with the kitties
- Help a teacher
- Do something nice for your parents
- Pay it forward
These are just a few ways that you can show kindness. I hope you will join us in making the commitment of showing kindness to those around you. 🙂
Thank you to First National Bank for inspiring this post! You can find your local branch in Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, Texas, or South Dakota! #BeKind #KindnessisFree #WeGrowAsOne
Monday 21st of January 2019
Amazing gift ideas.