Having a gorgeous home office is pretty essential when you work from home and want to produce your best work. It is proven that if you work in a well-maintained space, you create your highest level of work. It is easier to be creative and productive if you love the area you are in.
So here are a few things that you should think about if you want to ensure your home office space is as comfortable and well maintained as it can be.
1. Take a moment to look around and see what is taking up space? What don’t you need to be in there? If you don’t have a whole office but instead have a corner of a room, the same applies. Make your space clean first before moving on to decorating and maintaining. Go through drawers, check in pen pots, and behind books. Remove any trash. Give it dust while you’re there too.
2. When was the last time you had your electrics checked over? Could you afford to have an electrical failure in your home and office space? It might be time to get the professionals in and make sure that you are taking care of that. ABC Home & Commercial Electricians are the ideal choice for this.
3. Get pretty. We all have images that we love to look at, quotes that give us some inspiration for the day and sometimes even people that when we set eyes on them, motivate us. A gorgeous way to capture all of these things in one place is with a great pinboard. You can cover it with things you love, motivational quotes, use it as a cross between a vision board and a motivation board. So you might even want to add some images of places you want to travel to on there too!
4. Pick a color scheme that you love. Some people are inspired by blues and yellows, vibrant primary colors. Some people get motivated with peaches and creams. Whatever the color is that works for you, bring it into your space in a big way. Consider pen pots, notebooks, cushions, blankets, plant pots and even bunting. If you feel a sense of happiness when you’re in the space, you’re going to work so much better.
5. Bring in the green. We have just talked about color, but there is more to this one than just a shade. Get some plants into your space. Plants in a workspace have been said to bring a sense of calm, but also help purify the air around the room. Succulents and cactus are robust plants if you are worried that you might not be able to take care of them very well. However, to get the maximum from this tip, try and find the following plants:
- Peace Lily
All very easy to care for and bring a nice pop of color.
When you spend a lot of time working in a particular space, you owe it to yourself to make it as cozy and personal as possible.