Are you a woman who’s just starting to work out? Or you’ve established a routine but struggling to keep going? This article is filled with workout motivational quotes for her!
These are 500 motivational fitness quotes. Unless indicated otherwise, the creators of these quotes are unknown. Some are from athletes, Olympians, instructors, celebrities, philosophers, business heads, and many others!
Here is the scoop on 500 Motivational Fitness Quotes for Women Who Workout!
1. “Pain is weakness leaving the body.”
Exercising will probably make you feel weak when you take the first step, but it’s making you stronger!
2. “She believed she could, so she did.”
And you can too!
3. “Fit is not a destination. It is a way of life.”
Following a healthy lifestyle means daily changes that will continue even after you reach your fitness goals.
4. “You won’t always love the workout, but you’ll always love the results.”
Look to your fitness goals when you’re struggling with motivation.
5. “Working out is a commitment I made to myself. I won’t let myself down.”
If you feel like you might give up during a workout, this is an example of a great affirmation to keep you motivated!
6. “Stay active no matter how busy your life is. A quick workout is better than no workout.”
Make your health and fitness a priority!
7. “Become the hardest working person you know.”
Work hard for what you want, and then take the time to be proud of yourself!
8. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside of you that is greater than any obstacle.”
You can do it! Believe in yourself!
9. “Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle.”
Taking care of your body is a form of self-love.
10. “The more I improve the less I care about what people think of me.”
Your fitness journey may improve your self-esteem!
11. “A one hour work out is 4% of your day. No excuses.”
Even if a one-hour workout feels too much, start with 30 minutes. Taking small steps makes you less likely to give up.
12. “You already know what giving up feels like, see what happens if you don’t.”
Self-doubt or self-sabotage might be what’s in your way if you’ve tried again and again to establish a workout routine. Give yourself time to adjust to the routine and if it’s still not working, make changes.
13. “When things change inside you things change around you.”
Shifting to a positive mindset will boost your confidence, joy, and productivity!
14. “Don’t fear moving slowly forward, fear standing still.”
Making small steps is much better than making no progress at all.
15. “It’s never too early or too late to work towards being the healthiest you.”
You don’t need to be a certain age to start! If a healthy lifestyle is what you want, go for it!
16. “Keep calm. Adapt. Carry on.”
When you make mistakes or fall behind on your routine, instead of beating yourself up, listen to this quote. You can only control what you do moving forward.
17. “Always start small and gradually take it to the big level.”
Changing your entire lifestyle in one day is unsustainable. Start with small steps so you’ll be confident to move on to more significant challenges later.
18. “What seems impossible today will one become your warm-up.”
If you keep working now, you will get stronger and fitter.
19. “Once you see results, it becomes an addiction.”
It might be several months before you see progress on your goals, but remember that one day you’ll get there!
20. “Mistakes are proof that you are trying.”
Messing up is part of the process, so don’t give up.
21. “You don’t have to go fast, you just have to go.”
The only place you can start is where you’re at. You will build up strength and stamina in time. In the meantime, go at your pace.
22. “Strength doesn’t come from what you can do. Strength comes from overcoming the things you thought you couldn’t.”
Even if you think you can’t do it, try to do it anyway.
23. “Leave the negativity in the past. Surround yourself with positivity. Go beast mode and be happy.”
There might be people in your life who make fun of your goals. You deserve people who will cheer you on and celebrate your wins.
24. “A year from now you will wish you had started today.”
If you have regrets, so will your future self until you start. End the cycle!
25. “Your body can stand almost anything. It’s your mind you have to convince.”
Physical activity is painful, but if you believe in yourself, you can conquer anything!
26. “You can’t achieve any goals without discipline.”
Discipline is essential!
27. “I am grateful to have a body capable of exercising.”
This is a wonderful affirmation for the end of your workout because it allows you to focus on great things in the present moment.
28. “See the possibility, not the problem.”
Don’t get caught up in self-doubt or criticism. Whatever mistakes you make, remember to always look to the goals that you set for yourself to stay motivated.
29. “Put yourself at the top of your to-do list every single day, and the rest will fall into place.”
Whatever life throws at you, find a way to make yourself a priority. Do not compromise your health for anyone.
30. “Appreciate where you are in your journey, even if it’s not where you want to be. Every season serves a purpose.”
As you’re reflecting on your fitness journey, give yourself compassion. Perhaps you didn’t reach your goals as fast as you wanted, but that’s okay. You can always make adjustments.
31. “Building your body will improve your mindset. They work together.”
So much of fitness is a mindset. Whatever you’re pursuing on your fitness journey, whether a healthy lifestyle or a great body, your attitude can make a huge difference.
32. “The first mile is mental. The rest are all heart.”
Starting is the hardest part, but maintaining certainly isn’t easy.
33. “Good things come to those who sweat.”
Hard work reaps rewards!
34. “Great things take time. Be patient. Never give up.”
The results you want won’t show up overnight, so keep pushing!
35. “You learn more from failure than from success. Don’t let it stop you. Failure builds character.”
Your workout routine may not work out. Knowing what won’t work will bring you closer to figuring out what will work.
36. “You should be addicted to bettering yourself.”
Bettering yourself is an excellent source of motivation!
37. “Rome wasn’t built in one day. But they worked on it every single day!”
If you work every day, you’ll see results.
38. “You can feel sore tomorrow or you can feel sorry tomorrow, you choose.”
Show up for yourself! Even a bad workout makes you stronger tomorrow.
39. “Be stronger than your strongest excuse.”
There will always be a reason to put off your goals, but you can decide to make them a priority.
40. “A comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there.”
Growth might be uncomfortable at first. Embrace it!
41. “Healthy is an outfit that looks different on everybody.”
There is no one-size-fits-all approach! Try new routines and exercises until you find the one that works for you.
42. “You have to be at your strongest when you’re feeling at your weakest.”
What an inspiring message.
43. “Put your heart, mind and soul into every single workout. That’s how you truly grow.”
Give it your all!
44. “Push yourself because no one else is going to do it for you.”
Go that extra mile!
45. “Don’t compare yourself to others. Compare yourself to the person from yesterday.”
Everyone is on their own fitness journey. The only thing you need to worry about is your growth, not how you compare to other people.
46. “This is your reminder that self-criticism is not a lasting form of motivation.”
Motivation feels better and lasts longer if it comes from a place of positivity.
47. “Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction.”
Don’t regret your day! Spend it well!
48. “It’s not just about fitness goals. It’s about building solid habits.”
Habits are the foundation of a healthy lifestyle. If you can build those into your routine, you can do anything.
49. “Every day is a new beginning. Take a deep breath, smile, and start again.”
Today is a new beginning, so don’t let mistakes from the past discourage you.
50. “Sore? Tired? Out of breath? Good…it’s working.”
Pain means progress.
51. “You don’t find willpower. You create it.”
Before you jump into your routine, think about why you’re creating these goals. Why is fitness necessary to you? This is the source of your motivation and your will.
52. “I may not be the stronger. I may not be the fastest. But I’ll be damned if I’m not trying my hardest.”
You don’t have to be the best in the gym to work out. Just go in there and try your best.
53. “Be somebody nobody thought you could be.”
If you’ve been underestimated in the past, proving them wrong can be a great motivator.
54. “Because today is another chance to get it right.”
Today is an opportunity!
55. “Guess what? You have a brand new week ahead of you to slay dragons, achieve goals, sweat more, gripe less, and ditch the fear! Go!”
You heard them…go!
56. “Consistency doesn’t mean never messing up, it means never giving up.”
The purpose of training is to improve your weaknesses. When you take the first step, give yourself room to make mistakes and learn from them.
57. “Your focus determines your reality.”
Go into workouts with a laser-like focus on your goals to get the desired outcome!
58. “Passion is when you put more energy into something than is required to do it. It is more than just enthusiasm or excitement, passion is ambition that is materialized into action to put as much heart, mind, body, and soul into something as humanly possible.”
Passion can be your motivator.
59. “Sometimes you forget you’re awesome so this is your reminder.”
You got this!
60. “One of the greatest moments in life is realizing that two weeks ago, your body couldn’t do what it just did.”
Fitness is a great way to boost your self of accomplishment.
61. “I don’t have a personal trainer. All I have is that voice telling me if I stop now I might never start again. Go workout!”
You don’t need a personal trainer to get started. If you’re determined and hungry, that’s enough!
62. “Deep down inside, you know the truth. The truth is that you can do this, if you have 100% you’d get 100%. The truth is, it’s all up to you.”
So do it, give 100%!
63. “Nothing looks as good as being healthy feels!”
Having a healthy lifestyle feels terrific!
64. “Be humble. Be hungry. And always be the hardest worker in the room.”
Humility, hunger, and hard work. A recipe for success!
65. “I work too hard to be anything less than great.”
Work hard if you want to be great!
66. “Every day is another opportunity at getting one step closer to becoming everything I want to be.”
Try viewing fitness as an opportunity to better yourself. You won’t be motivated to do it daily if you view it as a chore.
67. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.”
Self-discipline is an essential aspect of fitness.
68. “Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.”
Decide to try today!
69. “Don’t wish for it. Work for it.”
Make it happen!
70. “Strong is not just physical strength, it’s a mindset.”
Mindset is crucial for motivation.
71. “Looking good is secondary. Having a healthy relationship with your body should be your priority.”
Fitness will not only help you physically, but it could restore your relationship with your body image.
72. “A thumping heart is your body’s way of saying thank you.”
If your heart’s beating fast, it means you’re pushing yourself!
73. “There is nothing more beautiful than when you prove to yourself just how strong you are.”
Everything you need to succeed is inside you. As you rise in your fitness journey, so will your self-esteem and confidence!
74. “The struggle is part of the journey.”
It’s not supposed to be easy! But you can overcome it!
75. “Don’t stop trying just because you’ve hit the wall. Progress is progress no matter what how small.”
Slow progress is valuable for your fitness journey.
76. “Fitness is like a relationship. You can’t cheat and expect it to work.”
Of course, this rule can have exceptions, especially regarding eating. However, if you constantly skip scheduled workout sessions or slack on goals you set for yourself, you are just delaying your progress.
77. “80% of success is showing up.”
Show up for yourself.
78. “A little progress each day adds up to big results.”
Essential keys to fitness are small steps and slow progress. Every day matters!
79. “What are you waiting you? Be proud, but never satisfied. Success is the best form of revenge.”
Stop waiting and go for it!
80. “Anyone can start something, but only few can finish.”
Be the few to finish.
81. “On good days, workout. On bad days, workout harder.”
Fitness can serve as an escape or relief from stressors in your life. Associate fitness as one of the good things of your day to look forward to, and you will be motivated to work out no matter what mood you’re in.
82. “Do it like your life is depending on it.”
When you think about your long-term health, your life does depend on working out.
83. “Life is like exercise. The harder it is, the stronger you become.”
Push yourself while you work out to become stronger.
84. “Don’t burn your opportunities for a temporary comfort.”
Living healthy opens a lot of doors, including a longer lifespan. Don’t give that up for temporary comfort.
85. “You have a choice. You can thrown in the towel or you can it to wipe the sweat off your face.”
Working out is hard, but don’t give up!
86. “Create healthy habits, not restrictions.”
Some restrictive eating habits, such as avoiding junk food with the occasional cheat day, are reasonable.
But if you are pursuing diets with zero calories, your body will not receive the right amount of nourishment, which could harm you.
87. “The only bad workout is the one that didn’t happen.”
Showing up for yourself is critical! Give yourself credit for what you do, even if it’s not perfect.
88. “If the plan doesn’t work, change the plan but never lose sight of the goal.”
If your workout routine isn’t helping you achieve your fitness goals, it’s okay to make changes.
89. “You can’t have a powerful body with a weak mind.”
What a profound quote.
90. “Success is your dreams with work clothes on.”
Make your dreams a reality!
91. “People do not decide their futures; they decide their habits and their habits decide their futures.”
The little and big things you do every day add up! Consistent hard work will get you where you want to be!
92. “You must have the passion, strength, and belief that you can become anything.”
This is a recipe for motivation and success.
93. “Sometimes we’re tested. Not to show our weaknesses, but to discover our strengths.”
This journey will not only help you improve your physical health, but your confidence, sense of accomplishment, and self-esteem.
94. “Don’t think about what might go wrong, think about what could go right!”
You might be uncertain about starting a workout routine. If you’re unsure, think about the potential benefits.
95. “What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.”
This is especially true for health.
96. “Sometimes later becomes never. Do it now.”
97. “It’s going to be hard, but hard does not mean impossible.”
Whatever your fitness goal, it is possible. But only if you go for it!
98. “Remember why you started.”
Remind yourself of your fitness goals if you start to feel discouraged a few weeks in because you don’t see results.
99. “Working to be skinny is exhausting and to be healthy is empowering.”
While working out isn’t guaranteed to make you lose weight, it is guaranteed to make you healthier. Keep that in mind when you’re establishing your fitness goals.
100. “If you don’t like where you are, move. You are not a tree.”
You are the decider of your life and health.
101. “Wake up. Kick ass. Repeat.”
One of the simplest but greatest workout motivation quotes. You got this!
102. “If you get tired, learn to rest not to quit.”
A crucial part of taking care of your body is ensuring that you’re not overdoing it. If your workout routine is too intense, take small steps to scale it back without completely giving up on it.
103. “Treat your body like it belongs to someone you love.”
Fitness is about taking care of your body.
104. “Success isn’t given. It’s earned. On the track, on the field, in the gym. With blood, sweat, and the occasional tear.”
To see results, you have to work hard.
105. “The strongest factor for success is self-esteem. Believing you can do it, believing you deserve it, believing you will get it.”
If you’re experiencing self-doubt and low self-esteem, it can lead to self-sabotage. Creating a healthy lifestyle encompasses taking care of your mental health as well.
106. “You’ve always been beautiful. Now you’re just deciding to be healthier, fitter, faster, and stronger.”
Beautifully said! Strong women come in all sizes! Fit girls are not just skinny girls.
107. “A healthy lifestyle not only changes your body, it changes your mind, your attitude, and your mood.”
There are so many benefits to working out. You won’t just be healthier, but happier too.
108. “Two things prevent us from happiness; living in the past and observing others.”
Getting caught up on past mistakes or comparing yourself to others may be what’s hurting your motivation.
109. “Just in case no one told you today: You’re doing great. I believe in you. You got this. You are enough.”
110. “If it’s important to you you’ll find a way, if not, you’ll find an excuse.”
When working out is important to you, stop making excuses.
111. “Don’t remind yourself how tired and weak you feel. Stay positive. Every rep. Every step. Brings you closer to your goals.”
A positive mindset goes a long way!
112. “I will never break up with my gym. We just seem to workout.”
By far one of the best gym quotes!
113. “I never regret when I do. But I always regret it when I don’t.”
Living with regret is painful. Don’t put your future self through that by starting today.
114. “Focus on your goals. Don’t look anywhere else but ahead.”
To accomplish your fitness goals, you have to focus.
115. “Be the girl who decided to go for it.”
Taking the first step is scary and difficult, but you can do it!
116. “Exercise is a celebration of what your body can do. Not a punishment for what you ate.”
Working out can help you build self-love and repair your body image.
117. “Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome.”
Don’t let doubt get in the way.
118. “Definition of a really good workout. When you hate doing, but love finishing it.”
Working out can be painful and difficult, but overcoming it will feel incredible.
119. “My body says no more. My mind screams two more.”
Believe in yourself! Push your physical limits!
120. “Your health is an investment, not an expense.”
If you want that glow of good health, you need to put in the hours and effort! Your future self will thank you!
121. “Good habits are as addictive as bad habits, but much more rewarding.”
122. “Your future is created by what you do today, not tomorrow.”
Stop putting it off if you want to see results. Start today!
123. “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.”
Such a beautiful way to say don’t give up.
124. “It’s Monday. Life is beautiful. I will let the past go and step off into the future. It’s time to crush my goals.”
A motivating mantra to start off your day!
125. “Attitude, discipline, being prepared. Things that money can’t buy, but they will make you go far in life.”
With a positive attitude, strong discipline, and preparation, you can do anything!
126. “The difference between someone who is in shape, and someone who is not in shape, is the individual who is in shape works out even when they do not want to.”
You don’t have to like working out, but if you want to achieve your fitness goals, you have to do it anyway.
127. “In two weeks, you’ll feel it. In four weeks, you’ll see it and in eight weeks, you’ll hear it.”
This quote is a reminder that the key to exercise is slow progress.
If you have a specific goal in mind, such as weight loss, remember to be patient if you don’t see results as fast as you want. It will come, but only if you keep going!
128. “Don’t let the weekend become your weak end.”
Resting is important, but it’s also different than slacking. Work hard on the weekends too!
129. “If you don’t make time for your wellness you will be forced to make time for your illness.”
Health is an investment. The sooner you start investing, the better.
130. “I workout because I love my body. Not because I hate it.”
Self-love is a much more sustainable and fulfilling form of motivation than self-hatred.
131. “Willpower is like a muscle, the more you train it, the stronger it gets.”
This is one of the most impactful motivational fitness quotes because, ultimately, you don’t have to be motivated to exercise. You just have to show up, even on your bad days.
132. “Be the best version of you.”
This is one of the best motivational quotes because it applies to fitness and health, but it can apply to anything in your life. Whatever your goal or dream, work every day toward it!
133. “The successful warrior is the average woman with laser-like focus.”
Focus is critical!
134. “I am doing this for me.”
This is a great affirmation to say to yourself before a workout!
135. “That voice in your head that says you can’t do this is a liar.”
When you have doubts or negative thoughts, talk back with positivity.
136. “Be brave enough to be bad at something new.”
You may feel weak when you first exercise, but it is what will make you strong!
137. “Morning. I feel like today is a great day to workout and I have this sensation every day.”
A great quote to start you out in the morning.
138. “You’re allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress simultaneously.”
There is a difference between acknowledging where you can improve and putting yourself down. Leave room to appreciate your strengths as you work on your weaknesses!
139. “Workout and you will feel better.”
Research shows that exercising benefits your mental health, so you can use working out as an outlet for negative emotions.
140. “If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down.”
What’s holding you back from your fitness journey? Is it time management? Habit? Your friends? Tackle those problems head, and you’ll have a much easier time getting motivated.
141. “Don’t stop until you’re proud.”
An important reminder that your only limit is the one you set for yourself.
142. “Health tip: Swearing can actually make you feel better when you are in pain.”
What a funny fitness quote! Remember this when you’re feeling the burn during a workout.
143. “Junk food satisfies you for a minute. Being fit satisfies you for life.”
A healthy lifestyle is very satisfying.
144. “Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.”
Choose to grow today!
145. “Ladies. Lifting weights won’t make you big and bulky. You won’t look like a man. You don’t produce enough testosterone. It will actually enhance your feminine curves. Stop believing the false rumors.”
Lifting is an excellent exercise and not just for men.
146. “And suddenly you know: It’s time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings.”
This is a new beginning! Start with enthusiasm!
147. “A positive mind finds opportunity in everything. A negative mind finds fault in everything.”
By viewing obstacles and mistakes as opportunities instead of setbacks, you’ll be motivated to overcome them.
148. “What you allow is what will continue.”
Continuing an unhealthy lifestyle will hurt you in the long run.
149. “It’s not about losing weight; it’s about finding and listening to your authentic self. Under that constant battle with food, the shame, and the unrealistic superficial expectations lies your authentic self who knows what’s right for you. And how you want to feel. Find her.”
You are the one who knows your body and health best.
150. “Exercise to be fit, not skinny. Eat to nourish your body. And always ignore the haters. You are worth more than you realize.”
This is one of the greatest motivational workout quotes for women who struggle with body image.
Ultimately, focusing too much on the scale may hurt your self-esteem and motivation, so consider the other benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
151. “I will make sweat my best accessory. I will run harder than my mascara.”
What a funny fitness quote! While you work out, consider removing your makeup first.
The safest way to work out is to avoid runny kajal or smudged lipstick because it could hurt your eyes or distract you in the middle of an exercise.
152. “Positive thinking isn’t ignoring your problems. It’s having confidence in your ability to deal with them.”
Positive thinking is such an important part of pursuing your goals.
153. “Powerful dreams inspire powerful action.”
When you’re creating your fitness goals, don’t be afraid to dream big.
154. “You never realize how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have.”
You are stronger than you think.
155. “An empty lantern provides no light. Self-care is the fuel that allows your light to shine brightly.”
Fitness is self-care! You are prioritizing your health which will improve every other aspect of your life!
156. “If your body’s not right, the rest of your day will go all wrong. Take care of yourself.”- V.L. Allineare
Taking care of your body can positively impact your life in so many ways! Once you find a workout routine that works, you won’t want to go back!
157. “Strength should be an attribute of all humanity. It’s not just a gift that belongs solely to the male of the species.”- Jane Todd
Some people may underestimate or discourage you based on your gender during your fitness journey. They are wrong. You are doing exactly what you’re supposed to do.
158. “I try to make the good days great and take something positive from the days I’m not feeling good- work on technique or something like that.”- Katie Ledecky
Even an Olympian champion has her off days! Make the most of a bad workout.
159. “We set our goals for the week. And to finally hit one of them feels really good.”- Katie Ledecky
Short-term and long-term goals are essential. Overcoming the small steps can be incredibly motivating!
160. “Just believe in yourself. Even if you don’t pretend that you do and, at some point, you will.”- Venus Williams
If you’re struggling with low confidence, fake it till you make it could serve as a good strategy.
161. “As an athlete and as a woman, I get my confidence from playing sports because it shifts your focus from what your body looks like to what your body can do for you. That’s what we should be all doing. It shouldn’t be about looking perfect.”- Venus Williams
Shifting your focus from what your body looks like to what your body can do for you is powerful advice.
162. “You need to be dedicated to your workout, whatever you choose”- Tracy Anderson
From a celebrity personal trainer, dedication is most important! And there are so many ways that you work out!
163. “One misconception I think is wrong is that being a larger size means, somehow, that you’re neglecting your body, or you don’t look after yourself, or you don’t love yourself enough to lose weight. We’ve been saturated with the idea that to be happy you must be thin, or to be healthy you must be thin.”- Philomena Kwao
You don’t have to be skinny to be fit or healthy.
164. “I don’t care what that fitness influencer tries to tell you, you can eat like them and work out like them and that does not mean your body will end up looking like theirs. Bodies come in all different shapes and sizes because they were designed that way.”- Chrissy King
Remember to have flexible expectations about the results of a new workout routine. All bodies are different, and yours might not look the way you expect after you become fit.
165. “If we make self-love or body acceptance conditional, the truth is, we will never be happy with ourselves. The reality is that our bodies are constantly changing, and they will never remain exactly the same. If we base our self-worth on something as ever-changing as our bodies, we will forever be on the emotional roller coaster of body obsession and shame.”- Chrissy King
Very well said! Body acceptance with conditions doesn’t work.
166. “I am not the richest, smartest, or most talented person in the world, but I succeed because I keep going and going and going.”- Sylvester Stallone
Keep going, and you will succeed!
167. “Train the breath to work for you, rather than let it run amuck with a ‘mind’ of its own.”- Anu Lall
Steady breathing is crucial as you exercise. It is an essential part of conserving energy, staying focused, and relaxing your muscles.
168. “Speak to your body in a loving way. It’s the only one you’ve got, it’s your home, and it deserves your respect.”- Iskra Lawrence
As you’re working out and looking to grow, remember to keep or create a loving attitude toward your body.
169. “I think in life you should work on yourself until the day you die.”- Serena Williams
A reminder that your fitness is something you work on every day.
170. “If anything, you know, I think losing makes me even more motivated.”- Serena Williams
Let your mistakes motivate you! Instead of viewing it as a failure, view it as an opportunity to get stronger!
171. “I want women to know that it’s okay. That you can be whatever size you are and you can be beautiful inside and out. We’re always told what’s beautiful, and what’s not, and that’s not right.”- Serena Williams
Beautifully said! Women are beautiful in every size!
172. “My smile is my favorite part of my body. I think a smile can make your whole body.”- Serena Williams
Just a bit of body positivity from a champion!
173. “At the end of the day, I’m my biggest fan.”- Serena Williams
There’s nothing more motivating than encouragement and positivity from yourself. When the people around you give you doubts, be your biggest fan!
174. “If you aren’t committed to training, conditioning, and practice, you aren’t committed to being your best.”- Simone Biles
From an Olympian herself, committing to your fitness journey is committing to something higher. Follow through!
175. “For me, I don’t think about size. I focus more on being powerful and confident.”- Simone Biles
Fitness is about more than size and weight loss. Exercising can be a great tool to feel empowered!
176. “Remember to have fun. When I’m smiling and having fun, I perform the best.”- Simone Biles
Try to find a way to make your workout routine fun and lively. It will motivate you to come back for more each day!
177. “Be confident in who you are regardless of the critics because no matter how good you are doing in life, there will always be critics. Stay true to yourself regardless of who’s around and believe in yourself even when others don’t. You can change the world and accomplish the impossible if you do so.”- Naya Tapper
You are most powerful when you believe in yourself.
178. “I love the idea that I can be rough, beautiful, outspoken, strong, and soft all in one. I love showing that in our world of stereotypes, you can be whatever you want to be; that you don’t have to fit in a box people have made for women.”- Naya Tapper
Physical strength and fitness aren’t inherently masculine. You can be feminine and beautiful working out!
179. “When you fall, get right back up. Just keep going, keep pushing.”- Lindsey Vonn
Don’t let stumbles set you back. Stay focused on what’s in front of you.
180. “Everything about my life seemed so perfect to everyone, but I struggled just like everyone else.”- Lindsey Vonn
This is coming from a World Cup champion. The people you may compare yourself to in magazines or on social media face challenges and work hard, so you can do the same.
181. “In a perfect dream, things would be set exactly the way you would want them. But I think it’s more interesting that in real life, things aren’t exactly the way you planned.”- Naomi Osaka
Your fitness journey may not go as you imagined. Embrace changes that help you grow.
182. “I like sweating.”- Naomi Osaka
What a funny fitness quote!
183. “You just gotta keep going and fighting for everything, and one day you’ll get to where you want.”- Naomi Osaka
Even when you don’t see results, don’t fall into hopelessness. Let the future, what could be if you work now, motivate you.
184. “If you’re dedicated to something and you put the time in, why should anyone have an opinion on it? Half of the people who comment about women’s boxing don’t even watch it.”- Claressa Shields
Don’t let judgmental people discourage you from pursuing anything you want, including your fitness journey!
185. “Confident is believing in yourself. Being humble is, even though you believe in yourself and you know what you’re capable of, you still work 10 times harder than your opponent to get the output you want.”- Claressa Shields
If you are a woman who’s competitive or competing in sports, this is the best motivational fitness quote for you!
186. “I work so hard in the gym, it would be stupid of me to doubt myself.”- Claressa Shields
One of the best gym quotes! Working out and showing up for yourself will make you feel empowered and confident!
187. “I think exercise tests us in so many ways, our skills, our hearts, our ability to bounce back from setbacks.”- Peggy Flaming
Working out may challenge you in more ways than one. Embrace it.
188. “Follow your dreams, work hard, practice and persevere. Make sure you eat a variety of foods, get plenty of exercise and maintain a healthy lifestyle.”- Sasha Cohen
Follow all of this, and you’ll be set!
189. “I am not trying my best because it is the Olympics. I try my best always.”- Kim Yung
Try your best, even when no one’s watching.
190. “Work hard, be yourself, and have fun!”- Michelle Kwan
Solid advice from an Olympic medalist and World Champion.
191. “Whatever you’re fighting for, you go with full passion and love.”- Michelle Kwan
Put your all into it!
192. “When you fail you learn from the mistakes you made and it motivates you to work even harder.”- Natalie Gulbis
Let failure motivate you!
193. “Every year, I have a goal to get better.”- Alysha Newton
Even Olympians push themselves to grow. Never stop trying to improve your fitness.
194. “I’ve always believed fitness is an entry point to help you build that happier, healthier life. When your health is strong, you’re capable of taking risks. You’ll feel more confident to ask for the promotion, and you’ll have more energy to be a better mom. You’ll feel more deserving of love.”- Jillian Michaels
From a personal trainer, fitness can improve every aspect of your life.
195. “It’s not about perfect. It’s about effort. And when you bring that effort every single day, that’s where transformation happens.”- Jillian Michaels
With consistency and a good work ethic, you can do anything!
196. “Get comfortable with being uncomfortable!”- Jillian Michaels
Wonderfully said! If you feel too comfortable in your routine, don’t be afraid to give yourself an extra push.
197. “Unless you puke, faint, or die, keep going!”- Jillian Michaels
This is just one of those funny fitness quotes that will always stick with you!
198. “There may be tough times, but the difficulties which you face will make you more determined.”- Martha
Let challenges motivate you! They are what help you grow!
199. “The highest compliment that you can pay me is to say I work hard every day.”- Wayne Gretzky
Consistent hard work is an achievement in itself. Be proud!
200. “Procrastination is one of the most common and deadliest of dieases and its toll on success and happiness is heavy.”- Wayne Gretzy
Procrastination is only hurting your progress and happiness, so start today!
201. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”- Wayne Gretzky
Taking the first step can be scary because you may fear failure, but you won’t meet your fitness goals if you don’t take your shot.
202. “I try and maintain a little bit of fitness.”- Frank Bruno
Maintaining is the key!
203. “Some things you have to do every day. Eating seven apples on Saturday night instead of one a day just isn’t going to get the job done.”- Jim Rohn
Consistency is key!
204. “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.”- Jim Rohn
A healthy lifestyle rewards the human body, which rewards you!
205. “Everyone must choose one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret.”- Jim Rohn
If you can do what feels impossible today, you will be stronger tomorrow.
206. “The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen up the body, and polish the spirit.”- Morihei Usehiba
It’s about bettering yourself!
207. “I don’t run to add days to my life, I run to add life to my days.”- Ronald Rook
The quality of your life will drastically increase with a healthy lifestyle.
208. “Everybody tells me a lot of reasons why I shouldn’t box because I’m a girl, why I cannot get on television because I’m a girl, but it’s so ridiculous. I can box, I can be good in TV fights.”- Cecilia Braekhus
People assume that a lot of women are weak, can’t work out, or can’t compete in sports. This is a lie! You can do anything!
209. “I put a premium on the intangibles, like the work ethic, the competitive drive, the desire to be great, and the grit.”- Kerri Walsh Jennings
Take it from an Olympian! The intangibles are what matter.
210. “I’m very proud to be a woman but I don’t want to considered a great female athlete. I want to be a great athlete.”- Kerri Walsh Jennings
A lot of people underestimate the abilities of a woman’s body, but don’t let that stop you from pushing your limits!
211. “I don’t want to be better than you or her or him. I want to be better than I am right now.”- Kerri Walsh Jennings
Be proud of your growth! Don’t belittle it by comparing yourself to others.
212. “There’s nothing masculine about being competitive. There’s nothing masculine about trying to be the best at everything you do, nor is there anything wrong with it. I don’t why a female athlete has to defend her femininity, just because she chooses to play sports.”- Rebecca Lobo
The same applies to fitness and working out.
213. “There are no shortcuts. If you feel good, you’ll look good, you’ll play good. Work hard every day. No matter what your strengths and weaknesses, there’s no substitute for hard work.”- Hope Solo
Put in the work!
214. “Even when quitting seems like the best option…there’s always a reason to keep going.”- Hope Solo
Find that reason and keep going!
215. “You owe it to yourself to be the best you can be. It won’t be easy but it will be worth it.”- Alex Morgan
Know that you deserve the best, including from yourself.
216. “Every morning, look in the mirror and tell yourself: Do not doubt my…motivation, determination, toughness, commitment, perseverance, mental ability, nor my desire. Most of all, do not underestimate what I can achieve.”- Alex Morgan
This is an excellent habit to implement into your routine if you struggle with self-doubt or lack of confidence.
217. “I always try to start out with some type of goal. Then I work backward and think of what I need to do to get there, and give myself smaller goals that are more immediate.”- Kristi Yamaguchi
Working toward a bigger goal and taking small steps to get there can be very motivating.
218. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.”- Arthur Ashe
The first step is the hardest. You won’t achieve your fitness goals overnight, so take small steps.
219. “You can’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get.”- Michael Phelps
Dream big and reap big rewards!
220. “If you say ‘can’t’ you’re restricting what you can do, or ever will do.”- Michael Phelps
Removing ‘can’t’ from your vocabulary will change your mindset.
221. “There are always going to be obstacles that come in your way, stay positive.”- Michael Phelps
Don’t let self-doubt get in the way of your motivation or fitness goals. Keep going!
222. “Get going…walk if you have to, but finish the damned race.”- Ron Hill
You can take small steps if you’re struggling, but don’t give up!
223. “If something stands between you and your success- move it. Never be denied.”- Dwayne Johnson
You can’t control everything in your life, but you can do everything you can to reach your goals.
224. “Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work gains success. Greatness will come.”- Dwayne Johnson
Such an inspirational and true quote!
“225. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
If you feel like you just keep running into roadblocks or setbacks, don’t give up! Your ability to keep trying shows that you’re resilient and strong.
226. “The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
A reminder to reach for something higher. Give yourself an extra push to conquer your goals!
227. “My sports made me more focused, sharper, more determined and stronger person than I was before. It’s a mental game, the stronger you are the better you are.”- Kiran Khan
From an Olympian swimmer, sports can be a great way to start your fitness journey!
228. “I don’t need an inspirational quote. I need coffee.”- Kayla Itsines
What a funny fitness quote!
229. “The distance between where you are and where you want to be is shorter than you think.”- Kayla Itsines
Reaching your goals might feel impossible today, but it’s not! You are closer than you think!
230. “The best view comes after the hardest climb.”- Kayla Itsines
Think about what comes after you push through your hardest workouts. You will feel amazing!
231. “Exercise is a blessing. Not a chore.”- Kayla Itsines
A positive attitude can go a long way! If you’re feeling unmotivated, try to change your routine so that it’s fun and something you can look forward to.
232. “Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit however, it lasts forever.”- Lance Armstrong
Physical pain during exercise may seem unbearable, but what’s worse is the pain of disappointing yourself and making your future self live with that regret.
233. “You have to set yourself goals so you can push yourself harder. Desire is the key to success.”- Usain Bolt
It’s going to be very hard to motivate yourself to stick to a workout routine if you have a lack of desire.
234. “A lot of people will just stop because they’re dead tired. You gotta do that extra one. That’s when you improve.”- Usain Bolt
When you think you’ve reached your limit, give yourself an extra push!
235. “Dreams are free. Goals have a cost. Time, effort, sacrifice, and sweat. How will you pay for your goals?”- Usain Bolt
From the fastest man on Earth, don’t expect achieving your fitness goals to be easy!
236. “If you want to break through, you mind should be able to control your body. Your mind should be a part of your fitness.”- Eliud Kipchoge
From a long-distance runner that won two Olympic marathons, mental strength is just as much a part of fitness as physical strength.
237. “Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses.”- Kobe Bryant
Work hard and keep going when it gets tough!
238. “Nothing is given. Everything is earned.”- LeBron James
You have to earn the results you want.
239. “Greatness is defined by how much you want to put into what you do.”- LeBron James
It’s all up to you!
240. “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.”- Michael Jordan
Finding the right workout routine may take some trial and error and that’s okay! Just remember to keep trying!
241. “If you quit once, it becomes a habit. Never quit!”- Michael Jordan
Whether it’s getting through a one-hour workout or creating a healthy lifestyle, don’t quit! You can do it!
242. “If I can do it. You can do it. It all starts with day 1! It’s a lifestyle now.”- Khloe Kardashian
The first day of physical fitness is a giant step! Give yourself credit for committing to your goals and starting your fitness journey.
243. “If you’ve lost your motivation don’t beat yourself about it, negative thoughts only turn into negative realities. By keeping positive about your body, your inner health, your mental sanity, your fitness, and what you’re trying to achieve, you’re way more likely to succeed.”- Khloe Kardashian
244. “The best form of revenge is a good body. I’m not seeking revenge on one particular person. It’s revenge on life and being the best me.”- Khloe Kardashian
If you feel angry at the world or people who have mistreated you, the best revenge is self-love.
245. “Free your mind of doubt and fear, fill it with unwavering belief in yourself.”- Anllela Sagra
Doubt and fear are killers of motivation.
246. “The hardest thing about exercise is to start doing it. Once you are doing exercise regularly, the hardest thing is to stop.”- Erin Gray
If you’re waiting for the right time and right place to get started, it will never come. You have to be the one to take the first step, and when you do, you won’t regret it.
247. “You can always improve your fitness if you keep training.”- Paul Maldonado
How much you improve depends on how much work you put in.
248. “I truly believe in positive synergy, that your positive mindset gives a more hopeful outlook, an belief that you can do something great means you will do something great.”- Russell Wilson
The power of a positive mindset is incredible. When taking your first step, believe in yourself and the process!
249. “If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you.”- Fred Devito
Your fitness journey will not be easy, but it’s worth it!
250. “A champion is someone who gets up when he can’t.”- Jack Dempsey
The hard part of a good workout is to keep pushing through the pain, but you can do it!
251. “Mental toughness is spartanism with qualities of sacrifice, self-denial, dedication. It is fearlessness, and it is love.”- Vince Lombardi
A reminder that a lot of people struggle to establish a workout routine because of self-doubt and lack of commitment, but pushing through those obstacles makes you strong.
252. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.”- Vince Lombardi
You can’t conquer your goals if you have a lack of desire.
253. “Going to the gym is great for your body, but it’s also great for your mind.”- Rory Mcllroy
Exercise is an excellent way to clear your mind, focus on the present, and blow off steam if you’re dealing with negative emotions.
254. “Instead of focusing on all the reasons you can’t do something, you need to focus on all the reasons you can do something.”- Matt McLeod
Mindset is essential to any fitness journey.
255. “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination.”- Tommy Lasorda
It is possible!
256. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”- Les Brown
Age doesn’t matter. If you want something, go for it!
257. “When my legs hurt, I say, ‘Shut up, legs! Do what I tell you to do!’”- Jens Voigt
What a funny fitness quote.
258. “Your mind will quit a thousand times before your body will.”- Reginald Red
Overcoming the mental is far harder than overcoming the physical.
259. “The groundwork for all happiness is good health.”- Leigh Hurt
Working out will enhance your energy, joy, and mental health!
260. “Health is not about the weight you lose. It’s about the life you gain.”- Dr. Josh Axe
When you’re making your fitness goals, weight loss is valid, but also consider your mental health, your longevity, your energy levels, your confidence, your strength, etc.
261. “Never ever exercise in front of your TV of while reading. You lose 50 percent of the benefit by not hearing and feeling your heart rate, your sweat and the pain levels that need to be encountered in fitness training.”- Kevin R. Stone
Take it from an expert in the field. How much you focus during a workout will impact its results.
262. “Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.”- Nido Qubein
No matter where you are right now, don’t let self-doubt stop you from getting where you want to go!
263. “I believe the greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you.”- Joyce Meyer
When you’re feeling unmotivated, remind yourself that being healthy is not just about yourself but about the people who love you, the people that want to see you thrive.
264. “I am not a fitness freak, but I do my regular exercises”- Uday Kiran
An excellent quote!
265. “Make choices that bring love and joy to your body. It’s not about perfection; it’s about love and gratitude for an amazing body that works hard and deserves your respect.”- Alysia Reiner
Working out may heal or strengthen your relationship with your body.
266. “You need to challenge your body in different ways, but I think the best way is to go for a run and stretch out your body.”- Jamie Chung
One of the simplest but most effective workout motivational quotes.
267. “The most important thing is to exercise, drink lots of water, and take really good care of yourself.”- Lea Michele
Working out and having a healthy lifestyle is a form of self-care.
268. “Feeling strong is important, and to feel in your body is a vital part of being a woman, regardless of whether you’re a mother or not.”- Carrie-Anne Moss
Feeling strong and confident in your body is important.
269. “At the end of the day, you put the work in, and eventually it will pay off. It could be a year, it could be in thirty years. Eventually your hard work will pay off.”- Kevin Hart
Results might take a while, but keep hope and keep working.
270. “I think if you exercise, your state of mind is usually more at ease, ready for more mental challenges. Once I get the physical stuff out of the way it always seems like I have more calmness and better self-esteem.”- Stone Gossard
Improving your physical health can boost your mental health.
271. “Perservance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.”- Julie Andrews
272. “I think it’s more important to be fit so that you can be healthy and enjoy activites than it is to have a good body.”- Rachel Blanchard
Shifting your goals to happiness and health is an excellent way to gain motivation and find joy in fitness.
273. “Do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do.”- Denzel Washington
You can do a lot more when you’re healthy.
274. “If you don’t fail, you’re not even trying.”- Denzel Washington
Failing is how you’ll learn how to improve on your weaknesses.
275. “The mind is the most important part of achieving any fitness goal. Mental change always comes before physical change.”- Matt McGorry
So much of fitness is mental.
276. “A healthy body means a healthy mind. You get your heart rate up, and you get the blood flowing through your body to your brain. Look at Albert Einstein. He rode a bicycle. He was an early student of Jazzercise. You never saw Einstein lift his shirt, but he had a six-pack under there.”- Steve Carell
277. “One of the things I’ve always enjoyed is moving around and staying fit. Physicality is such a big part of being an actor, but it’s also about stillness and silence.”- Joel Edgerton
Exercising is an excellent way to practice mindfulness.
278. “There is no one giant step that does it, it’s a lot of little steps.”- Peter A. Cohen
Start with small steps so that you can create a sustainable workout routine.
279. “I think fitness is important, a healthy lifestyle is important. I think putting positive energy out there is important and just staying connected with the people.”- LL Cool J
What a positive outlook!
280. “Once in a while I’ll get moved to do some exercise. It’s something I long for but the biggest problem is bending down and putting my tenis shoes on. Once I go out I’m ok.”- David Soul
The hard part is getting started, but you can do it!
281. “I started running around my 30th birthday. I wanted to lose weight; I didn’t anticipate the serenity. Being in motion, suddenly my body was busy and my head could work some issues I had swept under a carpet of wine and cheese. Good therapy, that’s a good run.”- Michael Weatherly
Need to clear your head or blow off steam? Working out is a great option.
282. “You can’t get there by bus, only by hard work and risk and not knowing what you’re doing. What you’ll discover will be beautiful. What you’ll discover will be yourself.”- Alan Alda
Your fitness journey is a chance to discover who you are.
283. “Fitness for me is wellness. It means being healthy- mentally and physcially.”- Suniel Shetty
Wellness is an excellent goal!
284. “The best thing about yoga is that it is not just about weight loss but being fit from within. It’s about better concentration, a calmer mind, and knowing your body.”- Nikita Dutta
Yoga is a great way to exercise with an abundance of benefits!
285. “Fitness is essential, and so is diet, but sleep is the most important of them all. It helps our body to recover from all the wear and tear.”- Sooraj Pancholi
Be sure to get plenty of rest.
286. “For me fitness is not only having a good physique but it is the overall lifestyle which I follow in my life.”- Mohit Raina
It is a lifestyle!
287. “I think fitness and doing gym should be like brushing teeth everyday in the morning as it should come automatically without any excuse.”- Sonu Sood
Make it a daily habit, and eventually, motivation will come naturally.
288. “It is not easy to lose or gain weight. The diet and the exercise regime should be compatible with your body, or else you end up with wrinkles and hair loss.”- R. Madhavan
Weight loss should not come at a cost to your health. If you notice that your health is depleting even as you get closer to your goals, your diet or workout routine may be harming you.
289. “The most important thing for me to teach my children is about health and fitness. It’s about taking of your body and eating foods that are good for and getting the right exercise that you need…It’s about living a healthy life for longevity and a healthy heart.”- Candace Cameron Bure
Longevity and a healthy body are exceptional motivators.
290. “With moderate physical training, you can control anything in your body. You don’t have to be an athlete to do it, and this isn’t just about people with disabilities, it’s about everyone. You just have to have the willpower, the mindset, and the desire to want to better yourself.”- RJ Mitte
From an advocate for people with disabilities, no matter who you are, you are capable of anything.
291. “Being a healthy woman isn’t about getting on a scale or measuring your waistline. We need to start focusing on what matters- on how we feel, and how we feel about ourselves.”- Michelle Obama
Mental health is just as important as physical health.
292. “Well done is better than well said.”- Benjamin Franklin
When you make promises to yourself, back them up with action.
293. “Energy and persistence conquer all things.”- Benjamin Franklin
In other words, you got this!
294. “Leave all afternoon for exercise and recreation, which as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning.”- Thomas Jefferson
While you might not have that much time to work out, the sentiment is the same. Health is everything, so make it a priority.
295. “A strong body makes the mind strong.”- Thomas Jefferson
Exercise is not only good for your physical health but your mental health too!
296. “Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most.”- Abraham Lincoln
Your future self will thank you for what you do today!
297. “It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver pieces.”- Mahatma Gandhi
Health is invaluable. Make it a priority.
298. “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from indomitable will.”- Mahatma Gandhi
You don’t need to be naturally strong or fast to become fit.
299. “When it comes to health and well-being, regular exercise is about as close to a magic potion as you can get.”- Thich Nhat Haan
Exercise will make you happier and healthier!
300. “He who has health has hope and has who has hope has everything.”- Arabian Proverb
Investing in your health is about having hope for a vibrant and long life!
301. “Fall seven times and stand up eight.”- Japanese Proverb
Don’t stop trying after you mess up.
302. “What you don’t sweat out when you’re young will turn into tears when you’re old.”- Japanese Proverb
Choose to work hard today so that your future self won’t have to live with the pain of regret.
303. “When health is absent, wisdom cannot reveal itself, art cannot become manifest, strength cannot be exerted, wealth is useless, and reason is powerless.”- Herophiles
Being unhealthy will impact every other aspect of your life.
304. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.”- Aristotle
Establishing habits is the essential key to your fitness routine.
305. “Our bodies are our gardens, our wills are our gardeners.”- William Shakespeare
306. “The more we do, the more we can do.”- William Hazlitt
307. “Health is the thing that makes you feel that now is the best time of the year.”- Franklin Pierce Adams
Health is a critical part of joy!
308. “You have to make it happen.”- Denis Diderot
Make it happen!
309. “Never look back unless you are planning to go that way.”- Henry David Thoreau
Habits are essential! Consistent hard work and laser-like focus are important keys to becoming a successful warrior!
310. “There is no value in life except what you choose to place upon it and no happiness in any place except what you bring to it yourself.”- Henry David Thoreau
A reminder that you are the only person that can determine your happiness and destiny. You are in control.
311. “Health is the first muse, comprising the magical benefits of air, landscape, and bodily exercise on the mind.”- Ralph Waldo Emerson
A healthy lifestyle is everything!
312. “Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming is what makes life meaningful.”- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Beautifully said! Even though working out may feel impossible today, doing more than what you thought capable of will boost your self-esteem and sense of accomplishment!
313. “This is the real secret to life- to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is played.”- Alan Watts
Focus and approach exercise with a positive attitude.
314. “The essence is, what can we do next? And will it be good?”- Vidal Sassoon
This quote is all about looking to what you can do now for your future self instead of becoming consumed with past failures.
315. “The way to get started is to quit talking and being doing.”- Walt Disney
Show up for yourself with action! Promises mean nothing if you don’t keep them.
316. “Action is the foundational key to all success.”- Pablo Picasso
You can achieve any fitness goal that you set for yourself as long as you show up.
317. “All great achievements require time.”- Maya Angelou
You won’t see progress overnight, but you’ll get there eventually if you keep going!
318. “Nothing will work unless you do,”- Maya Angelou
Do the work!
319. “If you don’t like something, change it and if you can’t change it, change your attitude.”- Maya Angelou
If you’re starting to work out because you don’t like how your body looks, this motivational quote is for you.
You may be able to change your body during your fitness journey, but if you can’t, you can change your body image.
320. “You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody.”- Maya Angelou
This fitness journey is for you! Don’t worry about the haters. Just keep pushing.
321. “Do whatever you do intensely.”- Robert Henri
Approach your health with intensity and focus.
322. “Fearlessness is like a muscle. I know from my own life that the more I exercise it the more natural it bcomes to not let my fears run me.”- Arianna Huffington
Don’t let fear hold you back from getting started.
323. “Once your body is in workout-mode, a few days off won’t hurt. Muscle memory is magical. If you work consistently, you can afford to miss a few sessions and your body will gladly pick up where you left off.”- Rachel Nichols
If you skip workout sessions once in a while, don’t beat yourself up for it. Resting is also a necessary part of fitness, and you won’t lose your progress after a few days off.
324. “No matter how many goals you have achieved, you must set your sights on a higher one.”- Jessica Savitch
Setting your sights on a new goal can be incredibly motivating!
325. “Sufficient sleep, exercise, healthy food, friendship, and peace of mind are necessities, not luxuries.”- Mark Halperin
A healthy lifestyle encompasses every aspect of health. You deserve habits, people, and routines that will uplift you.
So as you establish a workout routine or get back into it, examine what else might be holding you back from a healthy lifestyle.
326. “Who you are tomorrow begins with what you do today.”- Tim Fargo
Start your fitness journey today to become healthy in the future.
327. “Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward.”- Victor Kiam
This is true. Give yourself credit!
328. “Failure is the only opportunity more intelligently to begin again.”- Henry Ford
If your work routine isn’t working, creating a new one may help you reach your goals.
329. “Hard work compounds like interest, and the earlier you do it, the more time you have for the benefits to pay off.”- Sam Altman
Start sooner than later. It will benefit you.
330. “Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don’t give up. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm, and genuine people.”- Tena Desae
These are the keys to success!
331. “Do the best you can. If you still doesn’t work out, at least you will have the peace of mind knowing you tried.”- Arkiroq Brost
You may not achieve your goals, but if you gave it everything you had, you should still be proud!
332. “I arise full of eagerness and energy, knowing well what achievement lies ahead of me.”- Zane Grey
An exceptional affirmation for the start of your workout.
333. “One way to keep momentum going is to have constantly greater goals.”- Michael Korda
Your struggle with motivation may be a sign that you need new goals that challenge you.
334. “You only have one body and despite how well you live your life, it may never change. Can you afford to hate yourself for the rest of your life?”- Linda Bacon
If you’re aiming for thinness, nothing is guaranteed. Consider aiming for health and happiness instead.
335. “Weight is not an effective measure of attractiveness, moral character, or health. The real enemy is weight stigma, for its stimatization and fear of fat that causes the damage and deflects attention from true threats to our health and well-being.”- Linda Bacon
Focusing too much on your weight may no more harm than good or even damage your health.
336. “Your body is like a piece of dynamite. You can tap it with a pencil all day, but you’ll never make it explode. You did it once with a hammer. Bang! Get serious. Do 40 hard minutes, not an hour and half of nonsense. It’s so much more rewarding.”- Jason Statham
Doing more in a shorter amount of time may mean faster and better results than doing less in a longer amount of time.
337. “You may not appreciate the presence of good health, but you will definitely regret the absence of good health, because health is happiness.”- Amit Kalantri
Don’t take your health for granted. It’s too important.
338. “Movement is exercise. Seemingly simple things- taking a walk, for example, can be just the spark your body needs to get back on a healthy.”- David Kirsch
Start small if you’re struggling with a harsher routine.
339. “Health is the vital principle of bliss, and exercise, of health.”- James Thomson
340. “Don’t lose heart: stay consistent. It will take patience and persistence.”- Dr. Neal Malik
Consistent hard work is key!
341. “The healthy lifestyle: It’s not just about losing the weight; it’s about losing the lifestyle and mindset that got you there.”- Dr. Steve Maraboli
It’s not just about the results; it’s about changing how you think and act every day.
342. “We do not stop exercising because we grow old, we grow old because we stop exercising.”- Dr. Kenneth Cooper
Fitness can boost your longevity.
343. “Our lifestyle choices, driven by our behavior, account for over half of the risk of early death. What we do every single day matters.”- Dr. Caroline Leaf
One of the most profound motivators to work out is longevity.
344. “You don’t need to harm yourself to find happiness and contentment. Taking care of yourself is a form of self-compassion, and the sooner you start, the sooner you’ll feel good about how you’re loving yourself.”- Leo Babauta
Beautifully said! A healthy lifestyle is a form of self-love!
345. “If you quit on the process, you are quitting on the result.”- Idowu Koyeniken
Reminding yourself of what’s on the other side is an excellent motivator!
346. “Looking after my health today gives me a better hope for tomorrow.”- Anne Wilson Schael
A huge motivator can be what you want your future to look like.
347. “Don’t let your mind bully your body.”- June Tomaso Wood
Be kind to yourself! Negativity isn’t lasting motivation.
348. “Health is like money, we never have a true idea of its value until we lose it.”- Josh Billings
Your health is precious.
349. “By choosing healthy over skinny you are choosing self-love over self-judgement. You are beautiful!”- Steve Maraboli
This is a great quote if you’re struggling with body image.
350. “A fit healthy body, that is the best fashion statement.”- Jess C. Scott
It certainly is.
351. “You can be fit without being healthy, but you can’t be healthy without being fit. Meaning…you can be in great shape on the outside, but if you don’t eat great and don’t take care of your insides, you aren’t necessarily healthy. History shows us there are plenty of athletes who were in great shape but suddenly died of a heart attack. Balance is key.”- Jesse Itzler
Fitness is only one part of living a healthy lifestyle.
352. “If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no can stop you.”- Zig Ziglar
A reminder to come into this progress open-minded.
353. “We cannot start over, but we can begin now and make a new ending.”- Zig Ziglar
If you’ve really slacked on a routine, know that it’s never too late to start again!
354. “Be discerning about the foods you consume with a goal of nourishment, not restriction.”- Becca Shern
The ultimate goal of building a healthy lifestyle is to be healthy. Healthy eating doesn’t necessarily mean restriction.
355. “You won’t always be in love with your body and that’s ok and normal. Bodies change and it take times getting used to the change. Rather practice body acceptance and appreciation for what your body has done for you and what it can do for you. How you look does not equal your worth.”- Dr. Caroline Leaf
Remember all that your body does for you, especially when you’re working out. Fitness is a lot more fun and motivational, coming from a place of self-love instead of self-hatred.
356. “You are the greatest achievement of your own life.”- Sarah Rees Brennan
This is a kind quote to look back to if you feel down about yourself or get caught up in negative self-talk, both of which can deplete motivation.
357. “The key is taking responsibility and initiative, deciding what your life is about and prioritizing your life around the most important things.”- Stephen Covey
Put your health on the list of important things in your life, and you will achieve your fitness goals.
358. “You should work out because it make your mind and body feel better, and work better together.”- Josie Michelle Davis
Working out has so many benefits!
359. “Everyone is comparing lives on social media and wants the perfect body, perfect image, perfect outfit, perfect life- we’re striving for this perfect, and it’s so unhealthy because there’s no such thing as perfect.”- Emily Atack
Perfection isn’t possible. You have to strive for something else.
360. “Any great achievement is preceded by many difficulties and many lessons; great achievements are not possible without them.”- Brian Tracy
Building a workout routine that works for you will probably be difficult, but that’s part of the process.
361. “Number one, like yourself. Number two, you have to eat healthy. And number three, you’ve got to squeeze your buns. That’s my formula.”- Richard Simmons
What a great formula!
362. “Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control: now.”- Denis Waitley
Live in the present and work for the future.
363. “The size of you success is measured by the strength of your desire, the size of your dream; and how you handle disappointment along the way.”- Robert Kiyosaki
If you have the desire and can push through disappointment, you can do anything!
364. “Time and health are two precious assets that we don’t recognize and appreciate until they have been depleted.”- Denis Waitley
Use your assets well!
365. “Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.”- Napoleon Hill
366. “The chains of habit of too weak to be felt until they are too strong to be broken.”- Samuel Johnson
You will keep up your new habits and routine like second nature if you give it more time.
Show up for yourself with action! Promises mean nothing if you don’t keep them.
367. “It’s only when you take responsibility for your life, that you discover how powerful you truely are.”- Allanah Hunt
Think of fitness as taking responsibility for your health and life.
368. “Balance is the key to health and success.”- Laure Carter
A reminder that balance is essential.
369. “Remember the hardest part is starting.”- Chalene Johnson
Once you establish routine habits, it’s going to get much easier to exercise daily.
370. “If you’re struggling with motivation, or you’re just getting started on your quest to level up and you’re intimidated, building a superhero version of yourself could be the jump start you need.”- Steve Kamb
While it’s unconventional, if you lack confidence, creating a superhero version of yourself might be what you need.
371. “The higher your energy level, the more efficient your body. The more efficient your body, the better you and the more you will use your talent to produce outstanding results.”- Tony Robbins
Working out is incredibly energizing and has so many benefits! Having energy throughout the day will set you up for success in other areas of life as well.
372. “No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone isn’t trying.”- Tony Robbins
Give yourself credit for the progress you are making! You deserve it!
373. “Health is a vehicle, not a destination.”- Joshua Fields Millburn
It’s a journey! Even after you reach your goals, having a healthy lifestyle is something you do every day!
374. “The only place that success comes before work is in the dictionary.”- Stubby Currence
You have to work for it!
375. “You’ll be amazed at how many ‘active moments’ you can accumulate by fitting in small bouts of movement throughout the day.”- Dominique Alessi
From a former wellness coach, some movement is better than no movement.
376. “Exercise is done against one’s wishes and maintained only because the alternative is worse.”- George A. Sheehan
Being unhealthy later in life is certainly worse than not working out.
377. “There’s no wrong or right with fitness. It’s whatever you enjoy and whatever you can keep up and keep doing.”- Joe Wicks
From a fitness coach, do what works for you.
378. So I’ve broadened the fitness concept to make it one of moderation and balance.”- Kenneth H. Cooper
From an exercise instructor, moderation and balance are crucial to fitness.
379. “Physical fitness is the first requisite of happiness.”- Joseph Pilates
From the founder of pilates, exercise is designed to make you healthier and happier!
380. “Pilates make you feel because you’re doing something that’s good for your body, you start seeing it. It elongates the muscles.”- Behati Prinsloo
Speaking of pilates, it’s an acclaimed exercise that could be just what you need!
381. “Don’t say ‘I can’t, say ‘I presently struggle with.’”- Tony Horton
It might seem impossible today, but you will get there!
382. “I could write you a million motivational quotes and could show you a thousand before and afters. I could cook you hundreds of healthy meals. But the truth is, you need to want it bad enough to make it happen.”- Babe Brittney
How badly do you want to accomplish your fitness goals? How badly do you want a healthy lifestyle? With desire, you can do this!
383. “Every living cell in your body is made from the food you eat. If consistently eat junk food than you’ll have a junk body.”- Jeanette Jenkins
There’s nothing with an occasional treat, but make sure you’re getting essential nutrients first!
384. “One of the most powerful things you can do is take responsibility for your life. Your choices, your actions, your life.”- Jeanette Jenkins
This fitness journey is you making a choice to control your health and habits.
385. “Exercise to stimulate, not to annihilate. The world wasn’t formed in a day, and neither were we. Set small goals and build upon them.”- Lee Haney
Small steps are so important, especially when you’re first starting!
386. “Victory isn’t defined by wins or losses. It is defined by effort. If you can truthfully say ‘I did the best I could I gave everything I had’ then you’re a winner.”- Kai Green
It’s about trying your best and putting in the maximum effort!
387. “Why are you stopping? You think I can’t see you?”- Shaun T
Keeping this quote in front of you while you work out could prevent you from giving up.
388. “Hating our bodies is something that we learn, and it sure as hell is something that we can unlearn.”- Megan Jayne Crabbe
In a lot of ways society breeds self-hatred and body image issues, especially in women and girls, but as said above, that is something you can unlearn.
389. “I promise to stop analyzing every angle and every curve and every pound and every meal. I’m going to keep staying the path because it is a journey and as long as I’m always working toward my goals, one day I’ll reach them.”- Carrie Underwood
Perfectionism can extinguish motivation. Try not to get discouraged by small mistakes or setbacks.
390. “You are more powerful than you know; you are beautiful just as you are.”- Melissa Etheridge
391. “I’ve just always felt it’s an incredibly empowering thing, particularly for young women, to capitalize on their coordination and their strength. It’s a very empowering thing to feel strong in your body.”- Alanis Morissette
Working out can make you feel powerful.
392. “I definitely have body issues, but everybody does. When you come to the realization that everybody does that, even the people that I consider flawless, then you can start to live with the way you are.”- Taylor Swift
Everyone struggles from time to time with body issues and insecurities. Validate those feelings and then focus on how you can move past them.
393. “Self-care is the number one solution to helping somebody else. If you are being good to yourself and your body and your psyche, that serves other people better because you will grow strong enough to lift someone else up.”- Mary Lambert
Taking care of your body and your mental health will only help yourself, but also friends and family members that rely on you for support.
394. “Exercise is amazing, from the inside out. I feel so alive and have more energy.”- Vanessa Hudgens
Want to feel more energetic? Working out is a great way to do it.
395. “It’s challenging, but you have to at least try to eat right and exercise.”- Joely Fisher
Try your best.
396. “Running is great for your body. It will increase your energy levels and helps you to clear your mind.”- Heidi Klum
Running or walking is a great way to exercise! Especially if you love being outside!
397. “When I was modeling, I had always been told ‘If you could lose a couple of inches, you’ll work so much more’ or ‘You’ll do so much better if you were just a little bit skinner.’ I finally realized that no is perfect and that I like the fact that I look different and I don’t have the perfect body. No one does!”- Shay Mitchell
Remember that no one has a perfect body and that’s okay!
398. “I always tell myself, ‘There are so many things you regret doing or eating, but you never a workout and I always feel better after a workout. I have more energy, and mentality. I’m in a better place.”- Nina Agdal
You won’t ever regret working out.
399. “Even if you don’t have time for a big workout, stretching in the morning and night really changes your body.”- Erin Heatherton
400. “It’s very important to have the right clothing to exercise in. If you throw on an old T-shirt or sweats, it’s not inspiring for your workout.”- Cheryl Tiegs
Pick an outfit that will make you feel inspired.
401. “If you are at one with your body, then you are at one with yourself.”- Margaux Hemingway
402. “Exercise is like an addiction. Once you’re in it, you feel your body needs it.”- Elsa Pataky
Motivation will get much easier once you fall into a workout routine.
403. “When you surround yourself with really good energy, really good people, you almost don’t even think about your body as anything but something to nourish yourself and keep your running.”- Barbie Ferreira
Are you surrounded by negative people? It might affect your motivation and self-esteem during your fitness journey.
404. “Your body is your body; it’s natural. Learn to love yourself for it.”- Emily Ratajkowski
A reminder to love yourself.
405. “When you are balanced and when you listen to and attend to the needs of your body, mind, and spirit, your natural beauty comes out.”- Christy Turlington
Listen to the needs of your body.
406. “Your words have so much power. Every day, if you tell yourself ‘I love you, if you give yourself one word of validation, it will change your mind.”- Ashley Graham
Affirmations, even if you don’t believe them, can make a big difference, especially if you make them a daily habit.
407. “Once your mind and body is healthy, it creates freedom that helps you enjoy life.”- Milind Soman
Health means happiness!
408. “The mentality is nonstop, to work for what you want, your mind keeping your body in the best shape possible.”- Cain Velasquez
A healthy lifestyle is nonstop.
409. “The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning.”- Pelé
You might be struggling now, but if you keep going and achieve your goals, you will feel so proud of yourself!
410. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, preservance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.”- Pelé
This is such an inspiring motivational workout quote.
411. “Bodybuilding is about building your body. Whether you do it to maintain your fitness levels, climb Everest, run the marathon, or be a competitive bodybuilder is up to you.”- Ronnie Coleman
Bodybuilding opens up many possibilities!
412. “I only know one way to achieve success. You have to earn it.”- Julian Edelman
Achievement is about the work you put in.
413. “When I am working out, I listen to inspirational speeches.”- Julian Edelman
414. “There is not enough time for you to reach your full potential if you keep saying ‘I’ll do it later.’”- Brooke Ence
Procrastinating just delays your progress.
415. “The 30 minutes of exercise you put in during the day, will give you an hour more of energy later in the day.”- Harley Pasternak
Exercising is incredibly energizing for the human body.
416. “Today, you have 100% of your life left.”- Tom Landry
Don’t rush the process. You have time.
417. “Always make a total effort, even when the odds are against you.”- Arnold Palmer
Put your all in!
418. “True champions aren’t always the ones that win, but those with the most guts.”- Mia Hamm
Having guts means doing what you think is impossible, means pushing through the fear. You can do it!
419. “My coach said I run like a girl, I said if he could run a little faster he could too.”- Mia Hamm
Work out like a girl at the gym, and you’ll achieve your goals.
420. “Happiness is not the absence of problems. It’s the ability to deal with them.”- Rachel Garcia
Identify your weaknesses when it comes to fitness and health and deal with them head-on!
421. “I think if you can be a goal-setting person, it makes it easier to stay motivated.”- Dara Torres
Set goals before jumping into your fitness journey. They are what will keep you motivated!
422. “Never worry about what anyone else is doing. Just swim your own race.”- Dara Torres
Focus on your own progress by creating routines that meet your goals at a pace that will work for you.
423. “I’ve always kept my body in shape and I will continue to always keep my body in shape.”- Dara Torres
Starting is hard, but so is maintaining. You can do it.
424. “People will get into the habit of doing the same thing over and over again, and you’ll stop seeing changes in your body. If you add variety and spice things up, I think it’ll help you to stay motivated.”- Dara Torres
If you’re struggling with motivation, setting new goals or adding new exercises to your routine might help.
425. “The will to succeed is important, but what’s more important is the will to prepare.”- Bobby Knight
From a former coach, strategy is important. Plan out a routine before you start.
426. “Fitness is a curve. You can be Lance Armstrong, or you can be really out of shape at the opposite end. People enter the curve wherever they are and then they can move up the curve, by better nutrition and better exercise.”- Gordon Starchan
No matter where you start, you can always move up!
427. “If you have a positive attitude and constantly strive to give your best effort, eventually you will overcome your immediate problems and find you are ready for greater challenges.”- Pat Riley
With a positive attitude and good work ethic, you will get there!
428. “There are only two options regarding commitment; you’re either in or you’re out.”- Pat Riley
Commit fully to your fitness journey.
429. “The true warrior understands and seizes the moment by giving an effort so intense and so intuitive that it could only be called one from the heart.”- Pat Riley
Work from the heart!
430. “Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better.”- Pat Riley
Putting in the work to improve on your weaknesses makes you excellent!
431. “I think you should try…not to try to be better than everyone around you, but try to be better than yourself everyday.”- Anderson Silva
Bettering yourself every day is a noble goal.
432. “I am not the best, but I have the potential to be something great.”- Anderson Silva
You, too, have the potential to be great.
433. “You have to fight to reach your dream. You have to sacrifice and work hard for it.”- Lionel Messi
Fight for what you want!
434. “You can overcome anything, if and only if you love something enough.”- Lionel Messi
You might not love every minute of working out, but remind yourself that you love the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
435. “All progress takes place outside of the comfort zone”- Michael John Bobak
Changing your lifestyle is uncomfortable, but it’s worth it for a healthy body!
436. “Me doing what I’m doing is letting other people of color and other black women know: ‘Hey you can lift weights too.’ Not only can you lift weights. You can try CrossFit, go backpacking, hike mountains, the list goes on. You don’t have to be a certain color to do any of these things, youncan do whatever you want.”- Quiana “Chuckie” Welch
If you’re part of a community that lacks representation in athletics and fitness, it may affect your confidence. But just know, you can do it!
437. “A lot of people like to be super tiny, but I don’t want a child’s body. I want a woman’s body that is extremely fit. It’s so much sexier.”- Ashely Greene
Aim to be healthy and fit before skinny. Focusing too much on weight loss could de-motivate you and deprive you of all the benefits of exercise.
438. “Your body is an amazing machine that adapts to just about anything. If you’re constantly changing what your body needs to adapt to, it’s amazing what your body can do.”- Rich Froning Jr.
Remind yourself to constantly grow and adapt. That’s part of what will keep you motivated.
439. “When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful.”- Eric Thomas
If you have the desire, you have everything you need to succeed!
440. “I consciously seek out every day, ‘What I am bad at?’ and ‘How can I pound this weakness until it’s a strength?’”- Mathew Fraser
Remember to keep growing! There is always room for improvement!
441. “You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to.”- Big Ramy
From a professional body builder, mental strength and believing in yourself are important keys to fitness.
442. “Your health account, your bank account, they’re the same thing. The more you put in, the more you can take out. Exercise is king and nutrition is queen. Together you have a kingdom.”- Jack Lalanne
The Godfather of Fitness sees the value in investing in your health, and so should you.
443. “In order to excel, you must be completely dedicated.”- Willie Mays
Dedication is critical to pursuing any goal.
444. “What you are thinking, what shape your mind is in, is what makes the biggest difference of all.”- Willie Mays
Mindset is so important!
445. “Yesterday’s homes runs don’t win today’s games”- Babe Ruth
Take time to reflect and appreciate the progress you’ve made so far, but always remember to keep striving for more.
446. “The main things is to care. Care very hard, even if it only a game you are playing.”- Billie Jean King
Give your full dedication to your workout routine.
447. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’”- Muhammad Ali
Following through on your goals may mean pain and discomfort, but if you push through now, your future self will thank you!
448. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.”- Muhammad Ali
Starting a new routine can be scary, but the outcomes of a healthy lifestyle are worthwhile!
449. “I’m a dreamer. I have to dream and reach for the stars, and if I miss a star then I grab a handful of clouds.”- Mike Tyson
Such a beautiful way to say go for your dreams even if you don’t make it
450. “I’m in trouble because I’m normal and slightly arrogant. A lot of people don’t like themselves and I happen to be totally in love with myself.”- Mike Tyson
Don’t let anyone make you believe you shouldn’t be totally in love with yourself.
451. “As long as we preserve and endure, we can get anything we want.”- Mike Tyson
This is one of the best motivational fitness quotes. Perseverance is what matters.
452. “My definition of discipline is doing what you hate to do, but do it like you love it.”- Mike Tyson
Give it your all!
453. “I know when you do things systematically, non-stop, and repetitive, that’s how you make things happen in your life.”- Tyron Woodley
From the former UFC Welterweight champion of the world, creating a system or routine is key to achieving your goals.
454. “People used to say that if women worked out, they would become masculine-looking or wouldn’t be able to get pregnant. We just laughed because we knew they were wrong.”- Abbye “Pudgy” Stockton
Some people will still make ridiculous assumptions about you working out. At the end of the day, their opinions don’t matter.
455. “There is no perfect time. No perfect opportunity, no perfect situation, and no perfect moment. You either make it happen or you don’t. You don’t wait for it to fall in your lap, you take it.”- Mattie Rogers
Go for your goals! Stop waiting for the perfect time because it will never come.
456. “I always about my ‘why.’ Setting an intention can keep you fired up even when the going gets tough, it’ll remind you why you started in the first place, and what you’re hoping to achieve by pushing yourself.”- Tia-Clair Toomey
Know why you’re starting your fitness journey, and then remind yourself every time you lose motivation.
457. “At times, you are mentally but not physically prepared; at times, you are physically but not mentally prepared. I would be lying if I said it doesn’t affect your performance. But the sooner you get over it, the better. So you discipline yourself. That is why fitness counts.”- Mohammad Azharuddin
Discipline is the key.
458. “Writing a manual forces you to place your thoughts and ideas down on paper.”- Tara VanDerveer
Planning out your routine on paper is a great idea! It will strengthen your commitment!
459. “One step at a time. One round at a time. Know your why. It’s really just one step at a time. Whether that’s a race or in real life. You just have to know your why.”- Allyson Felix
Remind yourself why you started this journey and work a little bit towards it each day.
460. “A lot of people notice when you succeed, but they don’t see what it takes to get there.”- Dawn Staley
Success takes brutal work.
461. “Every champion was once a beginner…who didn’t give up.”- Laurie Herandez
Don’t give up!
462. “Start each day reminding yourself: Don’t let anything or anyone get you down. It’s a good day to have a good day.”- Laurie Herandez
Nothing more motivating than a positive mindset!
463. “If we set our minds, we can achieve anything.”- Gabby Douglas
Mindset is everything!
464. “Hard days are the best because that’s when champions are made.”- Gabby Douglas
The struggle is where you grow!
465. “Some may have more talent than you, but there is no excuse for anyone working harder than you.”- Gabby Douglas
Focus on what you can control.
466. “Life is like surfing, when you get caught in the impact zone, you need to get right back up because you never know what’s over the next wave, and if you have faith anything is possible. Anything at all.”- Bethany Hamilton
467. “People can do whatever they want if they just set their heart to it, and just never give up, and just go out there and do it.”- Bethany Hamilton
Make the commitment and follow through!
468. “Courage doesn’t mean you don’t get afraid. Courage means you don’t let fear stop you.”- Bethany Hamilton
Push through the fear! You got this!
469. “If it is easy, than you are doing it wrong.”- Gabby Williams
Remember to push yourself even as you grow stronger and working out becomes easier.
470. “A woman who doesn’t give up can never lose.”- Abby Wambach
Don’t give up!
471. “There is a wolf inside of every woman. Her wolf is who she was made to be before the world told her who to be. Her wolf is talent, her power, her dreams, her voice, her curiosity, her courage, her dignity, her choices, her truest identity.”- Abby Wambach
As you embark on this fitness journey and learn more about yourself, don’t be afraid to unleash your wolf.
472. “If you’re making mistakes, then you’re not doing anything. I’m positive that a doer makes mistakes.”- John Wooden
Mistakes are an integral part of the process.
473. “In training, you listen to your body. In competition, you tell your body to shut up.”- Rich Foning
The purpose of training is to identify and improve weaknesses, so while you’re training, take note of any exercises you struggle with and work on them.
474. “Fitness has nothing to do with age.”- Virendar Sehwag
475. “When I train, I erase all the limits and expectations of what I can do. I am powerful and anything is possible.”- Camille Leblanc-Bazinet
Push your limits!
476. “There’s no secret formula. I lift heavy, work hard, and aim to be the best.”- Ronnie Coleman
From eight-time Mr. Olympian, create a simple workout routine and then put in the work.
477. “What separates the champion is his willingness to get up after being knocked down.”- Ross Enamait
Maybe you’ve struggled to stick to a workout routine. Don’t give up! Figure out what works for you.
478. “You can’t win unless you learn how to lose.”- Kareem Adbul-Jabbar
Failing is what will help you grow. It will give you a roadmap of where you need to improve.
479. “I think that the good and the great are only separated by the willingness to sacrifice.”- Kareem Adubl-Jabbar
As you create your new workout routine and work towards a healthy lifestyle, you may need to make sacrifices.
480. “You can imagine how hard it is, but there’s always a force that pushes me forward to do all I can!”- Sun Yang
Do all that you can!
481. “Exercise should be regarded as tribute to the heart.”- Gene Tunney
Taking care of your body is a form of self-love. Not to mention, the physical benefits such as higher energy can boost your emotional state.
482. “To enjoy the glow of good health, you must exercise.”- Gene Tunney
So true! Exercising nourishes the human body.
483. “Success is not an accident, success is actually a choice.”- Stephen Curry
You can succeed if you put the work in!
484. “Success isn’t owned. It’s leased. And rent is due every day.”- J.J. Watt
How clever! A reminder that you need to work every day at your goals.
485. “Be the best version of yourself in anything you do. You don’t have to live by anybody else’s story.”- Stephen Curry
Don’t let other people bring you down when you’re putting your 100% into something. Find people that will encourage you instead.
486. “If you want to be the best, you can’t take the past of least resistance. Every morning, you wake up, and your mind tells you it’s too early, and your body tells you’re a little too sore, but you’ve got to look deep within yourself and know what you want and what you’re striving for.”- Antonio Brown
Even when you’re tired and sore, push yourself to work out.
487. “You must also give mental and physical fitness priority.”- Jim Otto
From a football player, fitness is essential.
488. “Yeah, we may stumble, but we always land higher and get where we need to be.”- Jay Cutler
You may make mistakes and have setbacks, but don’t let that hold you back! Keep going!
489. “What hurts today, makes you stronger tomorrow.”- Jay Cutler
Even though it’s hard, the results of a healthy lifestyle will be worth it!
490. “Set your goals high and don’t stop till you get there.”- Jay Cutler
Don’t underestimate yourself! You got this!
491. “Surround yourself with people who dream bigger than you do.”- Jay Cutler
When you have friends and family who inspire you, you’re more likely to push yourself!
492. “It’s your body and you’re going to have a much better life, you are going to have a quality life, better lifestyle, you’re going to be healthier, you’re going to enjoy the people around you and they’re going to enjoy you more.”- Mike Ditka
The benefits of a healthy lifestyle will spread to other parts of your life.
493. “The mind is stronger than the body. Trust that and watch what your body can do.”- Brandon Hendrickson
Even if you’re not physically strong yet, you still have strength in the mind.
494. “It’s okay to struggle, but it’s no tokay to give up on yourself or your dreams.”- Gabriele Grunewald
495. “Life is a fight from the minute you take your first breath to the moment you exhale your last.”- Randa Rousey
Fight for what you want!
496. “The knowledge that everything good can be taken away at any second is what makes me work so hard.”- Randa Rousey
Seize the day! You never know what you might lose tomorrow.
497. “You’ll find your strength in the pain. Keep going.”- Steve Cook
Every struggle is a test of your strength to not give up.
498. “How do you win each day? By creating habits. Establishing things in your life that you will do no matter what the circumstances.”- Steve Cook
Building a routine of habits that you can commit to no matter what is crucial.
499. “The next person history will remember is out there, and they are made of the same matter as you are.”- Steve Cook
You are made of greatness!
500. “Focus on and remind yourself daily of why.”- Steve Cook
Reminding yourself of why you started can be incredibly motivating.
Tips for Women Just Starting to Exercise
First, starting out a new workout routine can feel daunting, but you got this! Here are some additional tips for working out.
Schedule when you’re going to work out in advance. Picking a consistent time of the day, such as early in the morning or after work, will help cement the habit.
Sketch and warm up before you start. This relaxes your muscles, prevents injuries, and will make your exercises more productive. In addition, sketch at the end of your workout to calm your body.
Know your physical limits. While you should strive to push yourself so that you can grow, overexercising will hurt your body, your mental health, and your motivation.
If you have an intense area of pain after an exercise, you may have strained a muscle or injured yourself. Consider consulting a doctor if the pain persists.
Drink lots of water!
In conclusion, these are quotes or affirmations that you can use to get motivated to work out!
Staying motivated can be really difficult when you’re adjusting to a new routine, running into obstacles, having self-doubt, or facing outside stressors in your life.
But you made a goal to work out for a reason. Remind yourself why you started and even when you don’t feel motivated, try to show up for yourself anyway.
Good luck! You got this!
Get the scoop on more like this:
- 600+ Wednesday Quotes and Wishes for a Good Morning
- 300+ Positive Good Morning Quotes For Motivation
- 500 Mother and Son Quotes for Inspiration