The saga that forced us to choose between vampires and werewolves has now become globally recognized. The popular movie and book series by Stephanie Meyer is every teen girls’ fantasy. However, there is controversy surrounding the Twilight franchise and the misuse of cultural heritage for profit. But the Twilight saga continues to be sought after worldwide to this day.
Here is the scoop on some of the most passionate Twilight love quotes!
1. “Well I have no other way to see it, cause it’s me who’ll lose you. And I don’t choose that, I don’t choose that.” -Edward Cullen.
When Edward faces the reality of his love for a human who has a shorter lifespan. Bella is often the target of not one enemy but multiple enemies throughout the saga.
2. “Surely it was a good way to die, in the place of someone else, someone I loved. Noble, even. That ought to count for something.” -Bella Swan.
We can tell that Bella makes some of the most irrational decisions throughout the franchise; especially when she can’t protect herself. The role of the heroine fits her too well.
3. “If I could dream at all, it would be about you.” -Edward Cullen
Edward is not ashamed to want to dream about Bella. Even though his being a vampire prevents him from dreaming and sleeping.
4. “I vividly remembered the flat black color of his eyes the last time he’d glared at me – the color was striking against the background of his pale skin and his auburn hair.” -Bella Swan
Going back to one of the first movie scenes in Twilight, Bella, and Edward seem to have an intense staring contest in the cafeteria. Even as a viewer, Edward’s eyes became quickly intimidating. So it’s no wonder that Bella wasn’t scared off by his dark gaze.
5. “I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.” -Bella Swan
Bella’s love has no limit when it comes to Edward and we can see just how serious she is with her reckless behavior.
6. “Please don’t make me choose. Because it will be him, every time. It’s always been him.” -Bella Swan.
She is confident in her choice and believes that regardless of turning back time, Edward will always attract her.
7. “You wouldn’t have to change for me, Bella. I’m in love with you, and I want you to pick me instead of him.” -Jacob.
Jacob doesn’t beat around the bush when it comes to confessing his love.
8. “About three things I was absolutely positive: First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was a part of him-and I didn’t know how potent that part might be-that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.” -Bella Swan.
The first two reasons within this quote should be good enough to make a run for it while you still can, but Bella chose to see those reasons differently.
9. “No measure of time with you will be long enough. But, we’ll start with forever.” -Edward Cullen
In the time of vampires, forever seems like a couple of years but to humans, it’s a lifetime.
10. “It’s possible to love more than one person at a time.” -Stephenie Meyer, ‘Twilight’.
Of course, you have to think about the different forms of love, especially between Jacob and Bella.
11. “You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours.” -Edward Cullen.
I am reminded of this Twilight love quote after Edward stops drinking Bella’s blood when seeing their memories together.
12. “Twilight, again… No matter how perfect the day is, it always has to end.” -Edward Cullen
Edward is not a fan of twilight as the days will always end, which means he is growing older.
13. “You are my life now.” -Edward Cullen
Edward’s promise to protect Bella through every obstacle.
14. “My life was an unending, unchanging midnight.” -Edward Cullen
As a vampire, Edward’s life remained unchanged since he couldn’t really go through the life changes that humans went through. But since this quote is in the past, Edward finds Bella to be a sign that his life is no longer static.
15. “He called you pretty… That’s practically an insult, the way you look right now… You’re much more than beautiful.” -Edward Cullen
Edward sees the word ‘pretty’ to be more or less temporary compared to the word, ‘beautiful.’ It might just be his jealously talking during their first school dance as a couple.
16. “I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking.” -Edward Cullen
This Twilight love quote goes back to the one about the stars and the meteor. He thought his life would be good enough with all the stars, but the presence of the meteor changed everything.
17. “Look after my heart I’ve left it with you.” -Edward Cullen
When Edward has to go on a family trip and leaves Bella behind. He entrusts his heart to her.
18. “Imprinting on someone is like… Like when you see her… Everything changes. All of a sudden, it’s not gravity holding you to the planet. It’s her… Nothing else matters. You would do anything… be anything for her.” -Jacob
Imprinting on someone is part of the werewolf culture and is something that happens uncontrollably.
19. “It’s an extraordinary thing to meet someone who you can bare your soul to, and who’ll accept you for what you are.” -Edward Cullen
Most girls wouldn’t know what to do with a guy like Edward, especially after knowing his dark secret. So, Bella is definitely an oddball.
20. “You wouldn’t have to change for me Bella. I’m in love with you, and I want you to pick me instead of him.” -Jacob
Jacob begins to realize Bella’s obsessive and reckless behavior towards Edward and tries to sway her over to him.
21. “You don’t know how long I’ve waited for you.” -Edward Cullen
He says this line to Bella but in reality, he didn’t know that someone like Bella would shake his world.
22. “Isabella Swan, I promise to love you every moment of forever.” -Edward Cullen
The first time he ever uses Bella’s real name to address her. We can’t help but slightly fall deeper into their relationship.
23. No one will surrender tonight, but I won’t give in. I know what I want.” -Bella Swan
Whether Bella is a human or a vampire, she won’t back down for the one she loves.
24. “I leave you alone for five minutes and the wolves descend.” -Edward Cullen
Talk about being overprotective… I’m not a fan of him eliciting such jealous words when there were moments where he chose not to protect her. But we know the love triangle is going strong.
25. “Bella, you gotta go to Jacksonville. So I can’t hurt you anymore.” -Edward Cullen
One of the Twilight love quotes that Edward says is to try and convince Bella to move away and to never come back.
26. “We can’t be apart. You can’t leave me.” -Bella Swan
But Bella quickly shots down his plan for them to separate.
27. “I’d rather die than to stay away from you.” -Bella Swan
Many moments and words by Bella seem way too reckless to mirror real life. It goes to show just how attracted she finds herself towards Edward.
28. “I don’t have the strength to stay away from you anymore.” -Edward Cullen
He expresses his feelings about giving up the cold front when it comes to Bella.
29. “You’re like my own personal brand of Heroin.” -Edward Cullen
He describes Bella as a form of Heroin, which is both cringy and disrespectful. A line like this wouldn’t come across well in real life.
30. “Do I dazzle you?” -Edward Cullen
He directs this question towards Bella after he finds her staring immensely at him.
31. “Don’t be offended, but you seem to be one of those people who just attract accidents like a magnet. So… try not to fall into the ocean of get run over or anything, all right?” -Edward Cullen
It looks like Bella not only attracts accidents but as well as bloodthirsty predators. Can Edward tell the future?
32. “What if I’m not a superhero. What if I’m the bad guy?” -Edward Cullen
His excuse after saving Bella from an accident. If he was the bad guy, why would he save her? But as viewers, we learn that Edward may not be the most perfect boyfriend in his attempts to ghost her.
33. “And so the lion fell in love with the lamb…” -Edward Cullen
A metaphor to describe Bella and Edward’s dangerous but addicting relationship.
34. “I can feel what you’re feeling now – and you are worth it.” -Edward Cullen
When he decides to surrender to the feelings that mirror Bella’s. As viewers, we question if vampires really have the capability to love someone as deeply as humans.
35. “That’s the beautiful thing about being human — things change.” -Edward Cullen
Edward’s most meaningful quote makes us forget about the cringy moments if only temporarily. Edward realizes that after living for more than 100 years without any change, everything gets old fast.
36. “And you’re worried, not because you’re headed to meet a household of vampires, but because you think those vampires won’t approve of you correct?” -Edward Cullen
Another quote that is quite reckless on Bella’s part. As a human, how can she not be worried about the Cullen household going after her?
37. “You’re intoxicated by my presence.” -Edward Cullen
This Twilight love quote basically sums up the entire relationship between Edward and Bella.
38. “But this was no dream, and, unlike the nightmare, I wasn’t running for my life; I was racing to save something infinitely more precious. My own life meant little to me today.” -Bella Swan
A foreshadow moment? Instead of having the helpless nightmare as a human, Bella finds strength, and somehow the dream is no longer a nightmare.
39. “One thing I truly knew — knew it in the pit of my stomach, in the center of my bones, knew it from the crown of my head to the soles of my feet, knew it deep in my empty chest — was how love gave someone the power to break you. I’d been broken beyond repair.” -Bella Swan
Bella has never been truly in love till she came across Edward and realizes that no one else is capable of making her feel madly in love.
40. “The bond forged between us was not one that could be broken by absence, distance, or time. And no matter how much more special or beautiful or brilliant or perfect than me he might be, he was as irreversibly altered as I was. As I would always belong to him, so would he always be mine.” -Bella Swan
We can definitely say this quote is true based on the unfazed feelings between Bella and Edward when they were separated.
41. “You smell just exactly the same as always. So maybe this is hell. I’ll take it.” -Edward Cullen
Most of the Cullen family learn to control their thirst around humans and seek blood elsewhere. But even so, Edward fails to ignore Bella’s scent and proclaims that he will endure his thirst around her.
42. “Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars – points of light and reason… And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty.” -Edward Cullen
In one of the less cringy Twilight love quotes, Edward describes Bella as a sudden spark in the otherwise boring sky. We also come to realize that meteors are rare compared to stars.
43. “When I told you that I didn’t want you, it was the very blackest kind of blasphemy.” -Edward Cullen
In the beginning, Edward abuses her in many ways to get Bella to leave before she falls too deep. However, Edward starts to regret ever hurting her.
44. “I have always loved you, and I will always love you. I was thinking of you, seeing your face in my mind, every second that I was away.” -Edward Cullen
Edward expresses his love for Bella after coming back from a family trip. He is too caught up in her as well as she in this Twilight love quote!
45. “Until your heart stops beating, Bella. I’ll be here – fighting. Don’t forget that you have options.” -Jacob
Jacob sweetly reminds her that he will always be by her side and that it’s not too late to join the werewolf side. We can see that he will not fully agree with Bella choosing vampires, but he’s not penalizing her for it.
46. “I see that you can’t live without him now. It’s too late. But I would have been healthier for you. Not a drug; I would have been the air, the sun.” -Jacob
In a way, Jacob has a point about Bella’s obsession with Edward as if he was a drug that she cannot stop taking. Jacob knows that Bella is not as attracted to him, but he is willing to be anything for her except a drug.
47. “If there were any way for me to become human for you – no matter what the price was, I would pay it.” -Edward Cullen
Edward was forced to become a vampire and often tries to keep all threats away, but he misses the time when he was human and would do anything to become one again.
48. “I almost went back. I almost turned around and fell down on my knees and started begging again. But I knew that I had to quit Bella, quit her cold turkey, before she killed me, like she was going to kill him.” -Jacob
Jacob contemplates his feelings for Bella and finds himself heavily in love with her to the point that it is unhealthy. He even describes her as a drug in cutting her cold turkey in this Twilight love quote.
49. “I thought we would be safe forever. But ‘forever’ isn’t as long as I’d hoped.” -Bella Swan
Bella says this line when alarmed by upcoming threats against the household.
50. “The Cullens don’t like anybody… well, they don’t notice anybody enough to like them. But he’s still staring at you.” -Jessica Stanley
Jessica is Bella’s best friend and often the gossip queen that instills confidence in Bella. Since the Cullen’s never seem to age, many of them attend high school for countless years. It looks like Edward will have an intriguing school year if Bella continues to exist.
51. “It sounded like you were having Bella for lunch, and we came to see if you would share.” -Alice Cullen
This Twilight quote is more funny than romantic, but I had to include this as there were many moments where Edward looked like he was going to devour Bella.
52. “What was the point of me loving you? What was the point of you loving him? When you die…” -Jacob
Jacob hates the fact that Bella is placing herself in dangerous situations for Edward’s sake. He questions her about his love for her. But Twilight fans speculate that Renesmee was the one that Jacob was truly attracted to as she will grow up to look like Bella.
53. “It feels… complete when you’re here, Jacob. Like all my family is together.” -Bella Swan
Bella finds herself stuck inside a love triangle once Jacob confesses his feelings for her. Even if she doesn’t have romantic feelings towards Jacob, she still considers him family. Do you think it was smart of her to keep him close to her knowing his feelings?
54. “I felt like I was trapped in one of those terrifying nightmares, the one where you have to run, run till your lungs burst, but you can’t make your body move fast enough.” -Bella Swan
This Twilight love quote basically sums up the limitations of a human when up against a bloodthirsty predator. This quote is one of the most relatable when it comes to having nightmares.
55. “Unattainable and impossible, uncaring and distracted… but he was out there, somewhere. I had to believe that.” -Bella Swan
When Bella comes across Edward for the first time, she is instantly starstruck by his mysterious aura. We also find out how cold and seemingly heartless Edward’s personality is. I think most girls would give up and run for the hills once he shows disinterest.
56. “I don’t like to lie – so there’d better be a good reason why I’m doing it.” -Edward Cullen
Edward goes against his words when he clearly lies to Bella and puts her in harm away. He probably wanted to scare her away but even so, it’s not a plausible reason to abuse her.
57. “I made the cowardly lion look like the terminator.” -Bella Swan
Bella describes Edward’s actions when trying to scare her away and instead she gave him the ability to face their love head-on.
58. “What a stupid lamb.” -Bella Swan
Bella says this line after Edward describes their relationship as predator and prey. It is a risk in itself for a human to fall madly in love with a vampire.
59. “What a sick, masochistic lion.” -Edward Cullen
Edward calls himself a masochistic lion when he is with Bella.
60. “I like the night. Without the dark, we’d never see the stars.” -Edward Cullen
The night is realistically the best time for vampires to hunt as they don’t have to worry about being burnt by the sun. But the stars bring a form of comfort to Edward. It isn’t till he meets Bella, that his starlit sky begins to change.
Did you know that the Hunger Games star, Jennifer Lawrence auditioned for Bella’s role?
Watch the Twilight saga on Netflix now!
We hope you enjoyed these romantic Twilight love quotes! For more quotes from shows and movies, see these articles:
- 15 Most Memorable Apocalypto Quotes
- 100 Best Quotes From Spirited Away
- 20 Best Harry Potter Quotes for Christmas Time