What do you reach for at snack time? We all aspire to snack healthy, but when mid-day rolls around we reach for our favorite bag of processed junk. This recipe offers a healthier homemade alternative to everyone’s favorite snack: the potato chip.
Potato Chips are delicious, but besides supplying us with potassium, they aren’t so great for our bodies. Foods that are processed and fried are high in bad fats and cholesterol. Nobody wants that. Air frying your own potato chips will decrease the amount of fat in your snack. Homemade, air fried potato chips are also fresher and more natural than their store bought counterparts.
I know what you’re thinking, “It’s way to much work to make my own potato chips.” Don’t worry this recipe uses few ingredients and only takes about fifteen minutes from start to finish.
There are many occasions where you can serve your air fried potato chips. They are perfect for barbeques, after-school snacks, game day parties, and birthdays!
AIR FRIED POTATO CHIPS INGREDIENTS:
It’s as easy as 1-2-3, ABC…
- 1 medium Potato, peeled and thinly sliced: Russet potatoes are the most commonly-used, but feel free to experiment with another type if you’d like.
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil: Any brand of olive oil will get the job done, but to make this recipe even more nutritious try Sky Organics Organic First Greek Cold Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Remember: Little choices, like swapping out one olive oil for another, can make a big difference in our long-term health!
- Salt to taste: Again, any salt will do, but if you want to add some adventure into this recipe try using Himalayan Pink Salt. Despite, its beautiful color Himalayan Pink Salt tastes exactly like regular salt. One difference is that Himalayan Pink Salt is lower in sodium than ordinary salt making it slightly healthier for you.
- Air Fryer: If you don’t already have one, you will, of course, need an air fryer. I recommend this Power 6-Quart AirFryer Oven because it offers many more capabilities than the ordinary air fryer.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRIED POTATO CHIPS:
2. Toss. Place the potato slices in a medium-sized bowl. Add, the olive oil and the salt on top. Toss the potatoes with whatever utensils you prefer. Be sure that each slice is evenly covered with oil and salt.
4. Flip. Flip the potato slices to make sure they cook evenly. Use a utensil to flip if you use your hands you may get burnt. Then, place the potato slices back in the air fryer for another 8-10 minutes.
5. Enjoy. Remove the potato slices carefully from the air fryer. Make sure to let them cool, and then enjoy eating your delicious potato slices.
Trying dipping your Air Fried Potato Chips in ketchup or another favorite dipping sauce.
Get the scoop on more delicious recipes:
- Valentine’s Day White Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Pretzel Rods
- Delicious Steak Chili Crockpot Recipe
- Frozen Yogurt Fruit Popsicles Recipe
- Tomato Taco Recipe
- Oatmeal Power Bowl Recipe + Video
- 1 medium Potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- In a medium bowl, toss potato slices, olive oil and salt.
- Place potato slices in air fryer and set at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Flip potato slices and set for another 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove potato chips from air fryer and enjoy!