French Fries need to move out of the way because hamburger has a new best friend.
Everyone loves french fries. The only problem is that traditional fries are high in cholesterol and fat. We are offering you an option that combines the best of worlds: taste and nutrition. By cooking potato wedges in the air fryer, the amount of fat and calories in each serving is decreased.
Another awesome thing about this recipe is that it’s perfect for families on the go. Everyone’s busy these days. We know how hard it is to find the time to shop for and prepare a healthy meal for your family. This recipe is so quick and easy that even the busiest of families could make it on a weeknight.
Air Fried Potato Wedges are extremely versatile. It’s hard to think of a meal they wouldn’t go with. Hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza, sub sandwiches, steak, barbecue chicken… you name it, potato wedges could work with it.
AIR FRIED POTATO WEDGES INGREDIENTS:
Three ingredients? Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy!
- 1 medium Potato, peeled and wedged: Russet potatoes are the most commonly-used, but feel free to experiment with another type if you’d like.
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil: Any brand of olive oil will get the job done, but to make this recipe even more nutritious try Sky Organics Organic First Greek Cold Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Remember: Little choices, like swapping out one olive oil for another, can make a big difference in our long-term health!
- Salt to taste: Again, any salt will do, but if you want to add some adventure into this recipe try using Himalayan Pink Salt. Despite, its beautiful color Himalayan Pink Salt tastes exactly like regular salt. One difference is that Himalayan Pink Salt is lower in sodium than ordinary salt making it slightly healthier for you.
- Air Fryer: If you don’t already have one, you will, of course, need an air fryer. I recommend this Power 6-Quart AirFryer Oven because it offers many more capabilities than the ordinary air fryer.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRIED POTATO WEDGES:
2. Toss. Place the potato wedges in a medium-sized bowl. Add, the olive oil and the salt on top. Toss the potatoes with whatever utensils you prefer. Be sure that each wedge is evenly covered with oil and salt.
4. Flip. Flip the potato wedges to make sure they cook evenly. Use a utensil, to flip, if you use your hands you may get burnt. Then, place the potato wedges back in the air fryer for another 5-7 minutes.
Get the scoop on more healthy and delicious recipes:
- Creamy Parmesan Spinach Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- Flawless Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Italian Pasta Salad Recipe (With Video)
- Red Velvet Truffle Cake Balls
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad Recipe & Video
- 1 medium Potato, peeled and wedged
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- In a medium bowl, toss potato wedges, olive oil and salt.
- Place potato wedges in air fryer, and set to 400 degrees for 5-7 minutes.
- Flip potato wedges and set for another 5-7 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove potato wedges from air fryer and enjoy!