If you’re like me, then you love bacon. There’s only one thing I dislike about bacon; it’s a pain to make. Grease gets everywhere and it’s difficult to get the bacon crispy without burning it. Friends, I am here to tell you there is a better and easier way to make bacon and all you need is an air fryer!
Bacon is a chef’s best friend because it can be used in so many different recipes. Salads, sandwiches, doughnuts… you name it, someone somewhere has added bacon to it! Bacon is a great way to bring a punch of flavor to your favorite recipe. There are so many ways to use bacon creatively in your recipes.
One of my favorite ways to utilize bacon is by making a homemade BLT, but it also works great as a side to Saturday morning pancakes. If you’re feeling like trying something new check out our recipe for Air Fried Crispy Brussels Sprouts.
Cooking bacon in an air fryer is healthier than frying bacon in the traditional manner. Air fryers are a great option because whether its bacon, french fries or anything else, air fryers eliminate a portion of the fat and calories that a dish would have had in it if it was fried in the traditional manner.
AIR FRYER BACON INGREDIENTS:
This recipe is as easy as pie! It only has one ingredient.😉
- 2-6 slices of bacon: I prefer the Oscar Meyer brand; use what you like best.
- Air Fryer: If you don’t already have one, you will, of course, need an air fryer. I recommend this Power 6-Quart AirFryer Oven because it offers many more capabilities than the ordinary air fryer.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRIED BACON:
1. Prepare bacon. If you would like to make strips of bacon, simply take the bacon out of the package. If you would like to make bacon bits, take the strips of bacon out of the package, and chop them into small pieces.
2. Fry. Heat air fryer to 350°F. Place the strips of bacon or the pieces in single layer. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Flip. To ensure the bacon cooks evenly you will need to either flip it if you are cooking the bacon in stripes, or toss it if you are cooking the bacon in small pieces.
4. Enjoy. Remove the bacon from the air fryer, wait until it is cool enough to eat, and enjoy it as a topping or simply by itself.
Not a fan of pork? Try using turkey bacon! It has fewer calories and fat than pork bacon.
Get the scoop on more delicious recipes:
- Sea Salt Butterscotch Pretzel Cookies Recipe
- The Most Delicious Mini Nutella Waffles Recipe
- Incredibles 2 Movie Inspired Shot
- Perfect Flaky Chicken Pot Pie Recipe (With Video)
- Peanut Butter Banana Pizza Recipe (290 Calories)
- 2-6 Slices of Bacon
- For bacon bits, chop bacon into small pieces. For bacon strips, do not chop.
- Heat air fryer to 350 degrees. Place bacon in single layer and set to 5 minutes.
- Flip or toss bacon and set for another 5 minutes.
- Remove bacon from air fryer and enjoy or add as a topping!