Calling all bacon lovers! Looking for a healthy, yet delicious side dish? Well, look no further. Our air-fried crispy bacon brussels sprouts recipe will make your mouth water and provide you with a good portion of your daily nutrients.
Let’s get real here. It’s hard to find foods that taste good and make our bodies feel good. We all want to eat healthily, but finding tasty, quick, and affordable options is a challenge. That’s why we bring you this recipe for delicious crispy bacon brussels sprouts!
Growing up, there was nothing I despised more than brussels sprouts. I mean what kid likes brussels sprouts? However, as you probably know, brussels sprouts are high in nutritional value. According to an article written by Dr. Barbie Cervoni, one cup of brussels sprouts contains 24% of your daily recommended amount of Vitamin A, 4.1 grams of fiber, and is only 56 calories! Talk about a superfood. This crispy brussels sprouts recipe solves the problem of taste, so now eating brussels sprouts is a win-win!
This is a great dish to serve at your next dinner party, but also simple enough to make on a weeknight. Personally, I think these crispy bacon brussels sprouts are best paired with Black Bean and Corn Soup or Crockpot Steak Chili, but I guarantee they will complement any entree they are served with.
CRISPY AIR FRIED BACON BRUSSELS SPROUTS INGREDIENTS:
This recipe is so simple it only requires four ingredients…
- 1/2 lb Fresh Brussels Sprouts: I recommend trying to purchase brussels sprouts from a local farmer’s market. It’s always nice to give business to small farmers right in your hometown and the freshness is superior.
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil: Any brand of olive oil will get the job done, but to make this recipe even more nutritious try Sky Organics Organic First Greek Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Remember: Little choices, like swapping out one olive oil for another, can make a big difference in our long-term health!
- Salt to taste: Again, any salt will do, but if you want to add some adventure into this recipe try using Himalayan Pink Salt. Despite, its beautiful color Himalayan Pink Salt tastes exactly like regular salt. One difference is that Himalayan Pink Salt is lower in sodium than ordinary salt making it slightly better for you.
- 2 chopped strips of cooked Bacon: Follow this link for an easy Air Fryer Bacon recipe.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRIED CRISPY BACON BRUSSELS SPROUTS
1. Prep the brussels sprouts. First, wash the brussels sprouts by rinsing in cool water. I recommend using a colander. Trim the ends of the brussels sprouts if needed. If the brussels sprouts are not already cut in half you will need to use a sharp chef’s knife in order to do so. Make sure to use a cutting board, so you don’t damage your countertop.
2. Toss with olive oil and salt. Put the brussels sprouts in a medium-sized bowl. Then, add the olive oil and salt. Toss the ingredients using whatever utensils you have on hand just like you would a tossed salad. Make sure that the brussels sprouts are evenly covered with the oil and salt.
3. Fry. First, set your air fryer to 350° F. Then, place the brussels sprouts into the air fryer evenly. Let cook for 4-6 minutes.
4. Flip. Take the brussels sprouts out and give them a toss. This is to ensure they cook evenly. Then, place them back in the air fryer for another 4-6 minutes.
5. Top it off. Remove the brussels sprouts from the air fryer. Top with your freshly cooked bacon pieces and enjoy!
Want to give your crispy bacon brussels sprouts an extra kick? Try drizzling on some balsamic vinegar or melted cheese!
Get the scoop on more healthy and delicious recipes:
- Bacon Bok Choy Breakfast Recipe (KETO & Low Carb)
- Miracle Weight Loss Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Low Carb + Vegetarian Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe
- The Easiest Low Calorie Brownies You’ll Ever Make
- Italian Pasta Salad Recipe (With Video)
Air Fryer Crispy Bacon Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 1/2 lb Fresh Brussels Sprouts
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 chopped strips of cooked Bacon (click for easy air fryer bacon)
- Wash, trim and half each Brussels Sprout.
- In a medium bowl, toss Brussels Sprouts with olive oil and salt.
- Heat air fryer to 350 degrees and evenly place Brussels Sprouts in. Set for 4-6 minutes.
- Toss Brussels Sprouts and set for another 4-6 minutes.
- Remove from air fryer, top with bacon pieces and enjoy!