Family Game Night can get repetitive – after all, there’s only so many times you can play Monopoly. So what if you gave your game night library an upgrade with some NEW fun games that are different from anything you’ve played before?! Combining elements of your favorite classics with new play patterns and explorations, following are game ideas sure to bring smiles to your family members’ faces:
The hit Escape-Room concept for home use. You must solve a series of riddles and puzzles to escape from a room. Each correct solution brings you to another riddle. How fast can you escape the room?
- Fun and fast-paced award-winning party game for up to 6 players.
- Varying levels of difficulty and each is indicated on the box.
- MSRP $14.95 each; ages 10 or 12 and up (depending on game)
- Newest titles coming in October: The Mysterious Museum; The Sinister Mansion
- Titles currently available (listed in order of release): The Sunken Treasure; Dead Man on the Orient Express; The Polar Station; The Forgotten Island; The Forbidden Castle; The Pharaoh’s Tomb; The Secret Lab; The Abandoned Cabin.
Authentic Agility is the newest card game to challenge your perspective and help make the world a better place. Every interaction is an opportunity to learn more about the group you’re playing with and explore all kinds of topics, with varying levels of difficulty in the questions
- Explore multiple topics about world views in all aspects of life
- MSRP $24.99
Award-winning Beasts of Balance is bigger, better and more challenging than ever before with the first Expansion Packs for this exciting augmented reality stacking game, which has been compared as Jenga meets Pokemon Go.
- News Add-Ons feature:
- BATTLES – competitive way to play using Battle Cards and app update
- New creatures like the Chameleon, Flamingo and Angler Fish
- Legendary creatures, including ‘Fancyprance The Fabulous Unicorn,’ ‘Hotbelly The Hangry Dragon,’ ‘Moby Brick The Space Whale,’ & ‘Omnibeast The Magestic Mimic’
- Core game now available at Apple, Amazon and Barnes & Noble
- Beasts of Balance app, including the new Battles feature, available free for iOS and Android; Add-Ons coming to retail in September
- MSRP $99, Add-Ons $20-30 each; ages 7+
- Also from Sensible Object: Alexa is game show host in When in Rome, the world’s first Alexa powered board game!
- In this globetrotting travel trivia game, sit back and let Alexa take the lead, explaining the rules, keeping score, asking questions and introducing you to 20 real locals from the cities on the board.
- Fire up the free When in Rome Alexa Skill to start a new game
- When in Rome is a travel trivia game where real locals recorded from each of the 20 cities featured on the game board will ask each team questions about the food, culture, customs and daily lifestyle about their city. Travel around the world collecting souvenirs to win.
- Purchase on Amazon
- MSRP $29.99; ages 13+
- Upper Deck’s Legendary: A Marvel Deck-Building Game is one of the company’s hottest gaming properties, with 2 core sets and multiple expansions
- Hulk has returned to the world of Legendary and all he wants to do is smash! Play this expansion two ways: as Hulk, flanked by the formidable Warbound and reaping ruthless revenge on the Illuminati, or as Earth’s heroes in an all-out battle for survival.
- Build your heroic card decks with a variety of Hulk and other popular heroes, featuring fan-favorites and new keywords and mechanics in this latest expansion
- MSRP $34.95; ages 14+