These bite-size cream cheese cookies are a miniature delight! They are ridiculously easy to make and every bite melts in your mouth!
I absolutely love cookies. Chocolate chip cookies, that is. Before discovering these cream cheese cookies, I only ever ate the tried-and-true chocolate chip cookie. After all, you can’t go wrong with a classic chocolate chip cookie! I had never tried cream cheese cookies before; I didn’t even know what they were until recently! But then, I tried this cream cheese cookie and it’s a game-changer!
Light and airy, it’s an adorably small cookie that is perfect for those looking for just a single bite of a sweet treat. You can satisfy your sweet tooth with just one of these small, bite-sized cookies, or- if you’re more like me- you’ll find yourself eating four of these in a sitting! The amount of sugar in this recipe is relatively low, considering I was able to make about 30 cookies from a single cup of sugar.
This recipe is ridiculously easy as it only requires one bowl and a handful of ingredients that can most likely be found in your house. All the ingredients can be mixed together in one bowl. The only special thing about this recipe is that it requires the dough to be chilled in the refrigerator for about half an hour, but this step isn’t too terribly important. While I recommend that you do refrigerate your dough, it’s not a big deal if you skip it if you’re running low on time.
CREAM CHEESE COOKIE INGREDIENTS
To make these cookies you will need:
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
HOW TO MAKE CREAM CHEESE COOKIES
- Beat the cream cheese and butter together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar and beat until fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until it is fully combined.
- Mix in the baking powder. Add the flour in small increments, combining after each addition.
- The cookie dough should be fully formed. At this point, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate about 30 minutes.
- Once refrigerated, roll the dough into small balls and place on a pre-prepared cookie sheet. Flatten the dough balls slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 9-12 minutes. Enjoy!
One of the many reasons that I love this recipe is that it results in miniature, bite-size cookies. However, you can definitely make larger cookies with no problem! Simply roll out bigger cookie balls before baking.
Get the Scoop on more recipes:
- Best Homemade Classic Coffee Cake
- The Most Decadent Grilled Cheese
- Easy and Delicious Pesto Recipe
- The Best Homemade Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
- Summer Sand Pudding
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- First, beat the cream cheese and butter together in a large bowl.
- Add in the sugar and beat until creamy, about 1 minute.
- Beat in the egg. Add the vanilla extract in and mix until fully combined.
- Mix in the baking powder. Add the flour in small increments, mixing well after each addition. The batter should look more like cookie dough at this point.
- Once all the ingredients are fully incorporated, cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate about 30 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie pans with parchment paper.
- Once chilled, roll the dough into small balls and place on the pan. Gently flatten each ball with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, or until the bottoms of the cookies are just slightly golden. Cool and enjoy!