Here is a guaranteed recipe to give you all the taste of Thanksgiving wrapped into one.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 60 minutes
Total Time 1 hour and 20 minutes
- 1 Pack of chicken thighs (preferably thawed to shorten prep time)
- Peas (one can)
- Corn (one can)
- Cream of Chicken (one can)
- Cream of Mushroom (one can)
- 6 Pie Crust for 3 covered pies
1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. Slice the chicken thighs into small strips. Chicken Breast can also be used though it tends to be drier.
3. Place the thighs in a pan. Pour in 2 cups of water and cover with a lid. Let it cook on high for fifteen minutes. Remove from heat. Drain the chicken and return it to the pan. Season as desired and add ¾ cup of water. Return to medium heat and cover with the lid.
4. Slice the potatoes and carrots into thin pieces. Set these in a separate pan and pour in 3 cups of water. Cook on high until they are soft.
5. Add the peas and corn to the vegetables pan and let it simmer for five minutes. Then pour the chicken in the pan with the vegetables.
6. Pour half of the Cream of Mushroom, Cream of Chicken, and gravy into the pan. Let simmer for ten minutes.
7. Prepare your crust as directed (for this recipe I used Pillsbury™ pie crusts ).
8. Pour the filling into your pie crust. Use the back of a spoon to evenly smooth around the filling. Add the top crust.
9. Let bake for 30 minutes until the crust is golden brown or flaky as desired. Let sit for 20 minutes.