These Kansas City Chiefs cookies are the perfect treat for the next game! Get into the Christmas and football spirit with these easy and delicious cookies!
The Kansas City Chiefs are so fun to watch. We love celebrating every game and these cookies make the perfect addition to any game day celebration.
These are so easy to make using Christmas tree cookie cutter you can turn the cookies into an arrowhead shape. They also are the perfect treat for your next viewing of a Kansas City Chiefs game.
Cut the cookies out into tree shapes and then decorate with the Chiefs colors of red and gold (sprinkle some green for a true Christmas cookie).
In addition to looking adorable and festive, the cookies taste just as amazing. Made with a standard shortbread recipe, these are buttery, mouthwatering, and absolutely delicious.
Make these for every Chiefs game using just a simple five ingredients that you likely have in your kitchen already. Whip up a batch for each game or freeze the dough and bake it before a game.
Ingredients For Chiefs Cookies:
To make the shortbread cookies, you will need:
- Butter– 1 cup, or 2 sticks, of unsalted butter
- Powdered sugar– About 1 cup of powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract– 1 teaspoon
- Salt– A pinch of kosher salt
- Flour– 2 cups of all-purpose flour
In addition to making the cookies, you’ll also need some materials in order to complete the full look:
- Christmas tree cookie cutter- You’ll need this to cut the cookies into the tree shapes.
- Cookie icing- I recommend red, white, and gold to stay true to the Chiefs colors, but feel free to use any colors you’d like!
HOW TO MAKE CHIEFS COOKIES:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter with a mixer. Add in the powdered sugar once butter is creamy and mix until fluffy.
- Add in salt and vanilla extract. Then, add in the flour and mix everything together until just incorporated.
- Press the dough together if still a little crumbly. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, spread the dough into an even layer on a floured surface. Using the Christmas tree cookie cutter, cut out tree shapes from the dough and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake about 16-20 minutes, or until the bottoms of the cookies are slightly browning.
- Let cool completely and then decorate as desired!
The cookie is made of a simple shortbread, but its beauty and versatility is found in its appearance! How you wish to decorate and serve your cookies is up to you.
We cut our cookies into Christmas tree shapes and then decorated them with white, black, and red icing, using it to write out “KC” for Kansas Chiefs and other football-related designs. Use your creativity when decorating!
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Christmas tree cookie cutters
- Icing in red, white, black, etc
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter with a mixer until creamy. Add in the powdered sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Mix in the vanilla extract and salt. Then, add in the flour and mix until just combined.
- Use your hands to press the dough together if still a little crumbly. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, spread the dough into an even layer on a floured surface. Cut out tree shapes using the Christmas tree cookie cutter. Place the tree-shaped cookies on the baking pan.
- Bake about 16-20 minutes, or until the bottoms start to turn golden brown.
- Cool and decorate using the icing!
Get some more cookie scoop:
- Easy & Super Soft Lemon Cookies Recipe
- Chai-Flavored Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- The Cutest Santa Marshmallow Sugar Cookies Recipe
- Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Crush Cookies
- Bite-Sized Cream Cheese Cookies Recipe