Ronzoni lasagna is a type of pasta dish that is made with Ronzoni pasta, tomato sauce, and cheese. It is a popular dish in Italy and is often served as a main course. This is a great choice of wholesome meals that make one connect with their Italian heritage.
Here is the scoop on this easy Ronzoni lasagna recipe!
All About Lasagna
There are many different recipes for Ronzoni lasagna, but the basic ingredients are always the same. The most important ingredient in this dish is the Ronzoni pasta. This pasta is made from durum wheat and is extruded through bronze dies. This process gives the pasta a rough surface that helps it to absorb the sauce and flavors of the dish better.
The next important ingredient is tomato sauce. This sauce should be made from fresh tomatoes and should be seasoned with salt, pepper, and oregano.
The cheese used in this dish is usually mozzarella, but other types of cheese can be used as well. The Ronzoni pasta is then layered with the sauce and cheese and then baked in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
This dish can be served as a main course or as a side dish. It is often served with a salad and bread.
Ronzoni lasagna is a hearty dish that is perfect for a winter meal. It is also a great dish to make ahead of time and freeze for later. This dish can be reheated in the oven or microwave and will still taste great.
Ronzoni Lasagna Ingredients
First, let’s talk about the ingredients you need for this Ronzoni lasagna recipe!
-1 16 oz box of Ronzoni lasagna noodles
-1 lb ground beef
-2 jars of spaghetti sauce
-1 cup meat sauce
-16 ounces ricotta cheese
-A small bowl
-1 cup of parmesan cheese
-1 cup mozzarella cheese
Now that we know what ingredients we need, let’s start on this easy Ronzoni lasagna recipe!
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium-high heat until it is browned. Drain the cook meat fat and set the brown meat aside.
3. Cook the uncooked pasta noodles according to the package directions in a 2-quart saucepan or 3-quart saucepan. After boiling the uncooked pasta pieces, drain the pieces of pasta and set them aside.
4. In a small bowl or microwave-safe dish, mix together the spaghetti sauce and meat sauce.
5. In a medium bowl, make the cheese filling. Mix together the ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
6. To assemble the lasagna, spread 1/2 cup sauce mixture on the bottom of a 9-inch baking dish.
7. Layer 4 pieces of lasagna noodles over the sauce. You may need to make adjustments to the layer of pasta based on your lasagna pan.
8. Spread 1/2 of the ricotta cheese mixture over the noodles.
9. Top with 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese to complete a single layer.
10. Repeat the layers of pasta and filling, ending the top layer with the remaining meat sauce mixture and Parmesan cheese.
11. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the lasagna is golden brown and bubbly. Wear oven mitts to touch side of pan.
12. Let the lasagna rest for 10 minutes before serving.
You can get lots of the ingredients online for a small delivery fee after inputting your personal information.
This easy Ronzoni lasagna recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight meal. It can be made ahead of time and reheated in the oven or microwave. Serve with a salad and bread for a complete meal. Enjoy!
For additional moisture, replace the ricotta cheese with cottage cheese. Another option is to mix both together, giving you a 2 cup ricotta mixture. The one-half cheese mixture will be part ricotta and part cottage cheese. For even more moisture, add in one-half mozzarella cheese.
You may also sprinkle some black pepper or jack cheeses to add some heat to your dish.
Another popular addition is serving this lasagna with Italian sausage or garlic bread!
Things to Remember About Ronzoni Lasagna
When it comes to lasagna, Ronzoni is a household name. This oven-ready pasta is a key ingredient in many delicious recipes. Here are a few things to keep in mind when cooking with Ronzoni lasagna.
Ronzoni lasagna is a type of pasta that is used in many lasagna recipes. It is a wide, flat noodle that is typically layered with other ingredients like sauce and cheese.
Also, Ronzoni lasagna is made with quality ingredients and is a wholesome part of family meals.
After you eat your piece of lasagna, you can cover the extra pieces in plastic wrap for storage. Depending on how you cut it, this recipe yields about 16 pieces Ronzoni oven ready lasagna. You may want to invite friends over for free food!
Try to store your lasagna pieces small enough to fit the size of microwave so you can reheat them. Store it in a cool dry place, rather than at room temperature.
For a saucier version, you can add an additional 2 cups pasta sauce and mix in some tomato paste. Then, spread the additional sauce between the layer of lasagna noodles.
Lasagna may be a delicious meal, but it also has a high percent daily value of fat intake. This is something you will want to consider when choosing ingredients. There may be low fat options for the cups ricotta cheese or meat.
In the words of the company, Ronzoni Sono Buoni – Ronzoni is so good! Go to the Ronzoni web site for nutrition facts for the uncooked lasagna noodles. There are so many amazing flavors in the layers of lasagna.
Enjoy your serving of food and this great product of Italy! Even if you are someone who calls America home, this dish is so delicious!
We hope you enjoy this easy boil lasagna recipe!
For more great scoop, check out these articles:
- The 40 Best Air Fryer Toaster Oven Combos
- 15 Best Air Fryers With Dehydrators
- How To Cook Frozen Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer | Easy
- 16 oz box Ronzoni lasagna noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 C meat sauce
- 16 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 C parmesan cheese
- 1 C mozzarella cheese
- 1 small bowl
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F
2. In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium-high heat until browned. Drain the fat and set aside the brown meat.
3. Cook the uncooked pasta according to the package. After boiling the pasta, drain the pieces of pasta and set them aside.
4. In a small bowl mix together the spaghetti sauce and meat sauce.
5. In a medium bowl, make the cheese filling. Mix together the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, and 1/2 C of mozzarella cheese.
6. To assemble the lasagne, spread 1/2 C sauce mixture on the bottom of a 9-inch baking dish.
7. Layer 4 pieces of lasagne noodles over the sauce. You may need to make adjustments to the layered pasta based on your lasagna pan.
8. Spread half of the cheese mixture over the noodles.
9. Top with 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese to complete layer.
10. Repeat the layers of pasta and filling, ending the top layer with the remaining meat and sauce mixture and parmesan cheese.
11. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the lasagna is golden brown and bubbly.
12. Let the lasagna rest for 10 minutes before serving.