I had so much fun sharing some great ideas for hostess gifts from Park Place Leawood on Fox4 KC. Here’s a break down of do’s and don’t along with the scoop on what to get each type of party host.
General Do’s and Don’ts:
Do: Give gifts that make sense for the host’s personality and lifestyle
Don’t: Give gifts that are complicated or require lots of work
Do: Give gifts they can use at their party or future gatherings
Don’t: Bring gifts that have to be compiled when you arrive (flowers, cheese plates, etc.)
Do: Bring gift sets or create your own!
Don’t: Bring anything that has been re-gifted or sitting in your home!
For the Hostess with the Mostess
For the host/hostess that has it all…it can be hard to know what to bring when you get their invite! Think beyond wine and flowers. Here are a few ideas:
- Room Spray – who doesn’t want a fresh smelling home?
- Bee’s Wrap (to wrap leftovers) – a convenient and organic way to wrap your leftovers!
- Holiday Ornaments – a thoughtful and different gift in time for the holiday season
- Local Candles – light a candle and set the mood. These local candles represent different areas of Kansas City and make for a fun gift!
For the Host that Loves to Party
For the host/hostess that is always having people over, it’s always good to give them a gift that they can use for their next gathering! Here are a few ideas:
- Organizing Lists (to-do lists, meal planning, etc.) – to help plan and stay organized
- Local Gift Sets – A variety of gift sets options to inspire you! From a honey gift set to condiments gift pack!
For the Tired Host/Hostess
For the host/hostess that is tired…whether they have little kids or just a busy life, you can bring gifts that will help them relax after the celebration is over! Here are a few ideas:
- Relaxing Mist – once the party is over, this will help you relax and unwind
- Eye Pillows – get a good night’s rest post-party with these eye pillows
- Lavender Tea Gift Set – lavender is naturally calming and soothing
Make sure to visit Park Place Leawood for more great hostess gift ideas.