This yummy hummus recipe is a quick and easy healthy treat to make. Other than impressing your friends with this cute snack they will enjoy sharing it too! Find out how to make this fun and creative garden octopus inspired hummus recipe. .
What You’ll Need:
- 1-16 oz can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup liquid from can of chickpeas
- 3-5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 bell peppers
- Black olives
Hummus Recipe Directions:
- Drain chickpeas and set aside liquid from can. Combine remaining ingredients in blender or food processor. Add ¼ cup of liquid from chickpeas. Blend 3-5 minutes on low until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
- For the octopus’s body, remove the pepper’s stem end and scoop out the white ribs and seeds. For the arms, slice a second pepper into strips.
- Place some dip or hummus in a shallow bowl and arrange the octopus as shown. Use a bit of dip and sliced black olives to give your creature eyes.
Yay! Your hummus recipe is finally complete, and so now you can enjoy your hard work. This recipe is a great one to use if you are having company over and want to impress your guests, or if you want kids to eat their vegetables. A cute and friendly octopus is much more exciting than just plain old hummus, so why not give this recipe a try?