Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! I know most of us fail to get the first meal of the day. Overnight oats are a simple way to get all the necessary nutrients before starting your busy day.
Rolled Oats – Oats are incredibly nutritious and include several health benefits. They are rich with antioxidants. They contain a powerful fiber called Beta-Glucan. This improves blood sugar Control, may help you loose weight, and helps improve skin care
Chia Seeds – Chia seeds are a superfood that contains both vitamins and minerals. It is a great source of energy to get started on your day which is why it is a major ingredient in this overnight oats recipe. Chia seeds are a concentrated containing healthy omega-3 fatty acids, carbohydrates, protein, fiber, antioxidants, and calcium.
Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup rolled oats (gluten-free, if needed)
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- a pinch of salt
- 1-2 tsp of pure maple syrup
- 1/2-3/4 cup of milk (vegan: almond, oat, cashew, or coconut)
- 1/4-1/2 diced bananas
- 2-3 tbsp diced strawberries
- Optional: a few drops of vanilla extract
How to Make Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats (Gluten-Free & Vegan):
- Prep. In a small bowl or jar combine oats, chia seeds, salt, syrup, milk (of your choice), banana, strawberries, and vanilla (if using). Stir to combine, taste, and add additional milk, syrup, or vanilla as desired.
- Presentation. Transfer to a jar or container and cover. Place in the refrigerator for at least 30-40 minutes, up to overnight.
- Serve. To serve, add a drizzle of milk if needed, then top with the remaining strawberries and banana. Feel free to add extras such as granola, nuts, almond or peanut butter.
Check out these other delicious recipes:
- - 1/3 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- - 2 tsp chia seeds
- - a pinch of salt
- - 1-2 tsp pure maple syrup
- - 1/2-3/4 cup of milk (vegan: almond, oat, cashew, or coconut)
- - 1/4-1/2 diced bananas
- - 2-3 tbsp diced strawberries
- - optional: a few drops of vanilla extract
- In a small bowl or jar combine oats, chia seeds, salt, syrup, milk, banana, strawberries, and vanilla (if using). Stir to combine, then taste and add additional syrup, vanilla, or milk as desired.
- Transfer to a jar or container and cover. Refrigerate at least 30-40 minutes, up to overnight.
- To serve, add a little drizzle of milk if needed. Then top with the remaining banana and strawberries. Feel free to add any extras as desired such as granola, nuts, or even a drizzle of almond or peanut butter!
- Add any additional toppings as desired. Such as granola, nuts, or any kind of nut butter
- I recommend reserving some of the banana and strawberries to add on the top after refrigerating.