How to Apply Makeup For Beginners – The Ultimate Guide
Taking care of yourself from body, skin, mind, and spiritual is crucial to growing in everybody. Every woman around the globe wants to feel beautiful; hence makeup is a simple way of enhancing one’s appearance. You can use makeup for high-profile events, weddings, proms, etc., to make someone glamorous and classy. However, not so many people know how to apply makeup correctly since various products are in the makeup kit. For beginners, below is a guide on how to apply makeup correctly.
Before anything else, you need to be conversant with the various items in the makeup kit and know their purpose. Also, store your products correctly, like in a cosmetic pouch since they are being used on your skin.
- Primer: it is used to smoothen your face by minimizing pores and blemishes and evens the skin tone.
- Concealer: hides dark spots, pimples, and scars by evening the skin tone and makes it flawless.
- Foundation: foundation also works in making your skin tone uniform and provides more coverage of flaws. Also, it is sometimes used to alter the natural skin complexion.
- Contour and highlighter: contour adds shadows making specific points appear slimmer, while the highlighter brings light to spots that need to be seen more.
- Bronzer and blush: blush simply adds color to the cheeks, while bronze adds a tan look.
- Finishing and setting powder: finishing powder smoothens the look even more by covering blurs, while setting powder locks your makeup in to make it last the whole day.
- Eyeshadow primer: it works like the face primer but only focuses on the skin above the eyes.
- Eyeshadow and eyeliner: eyeshadow is applied on the eyelids, while eyeliner creates shapes while defining the eye with various looks.
- Mascara: used on the eyelashes to promote their effect.
- Eyebrow pencil and gel: applied to draw hairs and achieve fuller eyebrows, while the gel is used to create a neat look by tidying out your brows.
- Eyebrow powder: it is used to fill in sparse spots.
- Lip pencil and primer: used to create an outline of your lips, while the primer is used to put the lip makeup in place.
- Lipstick and gloss: lipstick applies color to the lips, while lip gloss makes your lips shine without necessarily adding color. Some Lip gloss adds a little color.
Steps in Applying Makeup
Before any makeup application, it is vital to use a hand sanitizer since the face is usually susceptible to germs leading to damages.
- Moisturize Your Skin
Preparing your skin for makeup application is essential for its health. Cleanse and moisturize your skin with the right product for your skin type to avoid damages and breakouts. A well-moisturized skin contributes to a better look.
- Start with the Eyebrows
Beginning with eyebrows help shape the face and defines the eyes better. First, fill in your eyebrows with an eyebrow pencil after outlining them to create the desired shape. Then, use gel to tidy up the hair and set it in.
- Apply Eye Makeup
Eye makeup comes in variety, and you can choose your look depending on your preferences. Use eye primer above the eyes and even it out well. You can opt for an eye shadow to bring some color to your whole look. For an appealing look, add the recommended quality eyelashes from lash manufacturer StarSeed.
- Apply Primer
When applying primer, you should focus on the cheeks, forehead, and chin since they are regarded as the oiliest areas in your face. Squeeze the primer on your hand and use your fingers to apply it gently to your face. Let it absorb before proceeding.
- Apply Foundation and Concealer
After the primer has set in, use a foundation brush and blend it gently on your face. Ensure you cover all areas, including around the neck. For concealer, start with your under-eye and apply it in a triangle. Remember to dab the concealer in rather than dragging it to avoid a cake-like look. Always choose a foundation and concealer that matches your skin tone.
- Use Setting Powder
Use a makeup brush or a puff and add your setting powder to it. Ensure the powder is not in excess and apply it evenly on the face. Emphasize the areas that spoil faster during the day to set it in properly.
- Apply Highlighter & Contour
Contour your forehead, cheeks, jaws, and around the nose. Contour creates shadows making your face look slimmer. The shade of the contour needs to be a bit darker than your foundation. Highlighter is applied to light specific areas on the face. For example, looking can highlight the nose bridge above your cheeks and on the inner corners of the eyes.
- Use Bronzer and Blush
Using a bronzer just like the contour, use a darker shade like two shades from your normal skin tone. Apply bronzer on the jawline, cheeks, and hairline to create more effect. For blush, apply it on your cheeks to create a more natural outcome. Use a brush and move it in circles to achieve the perfect blend.
- Finish With Your Lip Products
With your lip liner, outline the edges of your lips to make them seem fuller. The outline also guides you when applying lipstick or lip gloss, depending on your choice. The color of your lipstick should rhyme with the lip liner used.
For a beginner, makeup may seem confusing and challenging to apply; hence many people will opt to go without it. However, looking glamorous and feeling beautiful should not be an option for only a few women. Therefore, by following the tips mentioned above, you become aware of what to do and eventually become a pro in makeup application.