If you are looking for a tasty, and easy recipe that the entire family will love, then you should try air-fryer chicken nuggets. Even if you’ve struggled in the past, on how to air fry chicken nuggets, worry not! We’ll guide you through it!
Air fryers are the best way to cook food quickly and evenly, without using a lot of oil. In just a few minutes, your chicken nuggets will be cooked through and crispy.
Chicken nuggets are a classic snack that kids and adults of all ages love. They can be made at home in the air fryer with just a few simple ingredients. In this guide, we will show you how to make chicken nuggets in the air fryer.
Families love to enjoy chicken nuggets together. It doesn’t matter if it’s around the table at dinner or out at a picnic in the park! Chicken nuggets are perfect for both occasions. If you’re cooking for a large group, you can easily double or triple the recipe, even though you may have little space in the air fryer.
Here’s the scoop on how to cook chicken nuggets in the air fryer!
What is an Air Fryer?
It hasn’t been long since air fryers became a real thing. They were created in 2010, and we’re so grateful they were!
Working with a regular fryer can be intimidating. But don’t worry! Because of the technology behind the air fryer, using it is super easy and simple.
They are energy efficient and can help you cook healthy meals with little to no oil or corn starch. The best air fryer will work by circulating hot air around the food, cooking it evenly on all sides.
It’s a small convection oven that can fit right on your countertop. Not only is it small and convenient, but it’s also a much healthier option!
Why Air Fry?
The first thing is, air fryers are a really great addition to every kitchen. There are also so many air fryer recipes floating around out there that allow you to make healthier foods. This is a much better option compared to fast-food versions of meals.
There are a few reasons why you should make air fryer nuggets. Luckily, there are so many favorite recipes to find online to get the best results. You can even make air fryer chicken wings, crispy air fryer chicken tenders, or air fryer corn dogs!
Air fryers are a healthier way to cook restaurant or homemade chicken nuggets. This is because they need to use significantly less oil than other methods like deep frying. Sometimes they don’t need any at all!
You can also make the best from-scratch recipe; just throw white meat chicken into the air fryer basket with a single layer of mixture. You can also add less salt and other seasonings since the air fryer will help to bring out the natural flavors of the chicken pieces.
This makes for the perfect snack. Pair your nuggets with sweet potato fries, pickles juice, french fries, garlic bread, and so much more. Just pair it with one of your favorite sauces or favorite dipping sauce!
Also, another reason to cook chicken nuggets in an air fryer is that the cooking time is less. It is also an easy process and for no extra cost. It only takes a few minutes to cook chicken nuggets in an air fryer. So, it’s a great option if you have less time than usual and have a recipe card handy.
This is a very kid-friendly dinner. But the good news is, it can be served at any time of the day!
How To Make Chicken Nuggets In The Air Fryer
Now that you know why you should cook chicken nuggets in an air fryer, let’s get to the recipe. This guide has air fryer tips that will show you how to make chicken nuggets nicely in the air fryer.
We provide step-by-step instructions if this is your first time using one!
Before you get started on the first step, we need to talk about the ingredients of the heat air fryer chicken nuggets recipe.
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast or skinless chicken thighs. Cut them into small 1-inch pieces: You can find your favorite chicken for this recipe to make it extra special.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour: A flour mixture will help the chicken nuggets to get a crispy crust.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt: Feel free to adjust the amount of salt to your taste.
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper: Add more or less pepper to your liking.
- 1/4 cup milk: This will help the chicken nuggets to stick together
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder: This adds a delicious flavor to the nuggets.
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder: Another great way to add flavor to your nuggets.
- 1/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil: You can use any type of cooking oil that you like for this recipe.
How to Cook Chicken Nuggets in the Air Fryer
Now that you have your ingredients, you can throw the chicken in the egg mixture or breadcrumb mixture. Then, we can start cooking to get your crispy chicken nuggets. We’re sure these will taste better than any fast food you’ve had in the past!
Get your air fryer, your frozen nuggets, and your favorite air fryer chicken recipes and let’s go!
1) Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
2) Then, carefully place chicken tenders, air fry chicken nuggets, or air fryer frozen chicken nuggets in a large bowl. Combine the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, milk, and oil. Stir until well combined.
You also have the option of using panko breadcrumbs on your pieces of chicken. Bread crumbs make for a nice added texture. Panko crumbs are usually the number one choice when it comes to homemade chicken. They are available at any grocery store.
3) After that, add the chicken nuggets or skinless chicken breast to the bowl and coat them in the batter. Be sure to coat them evenly.
4) Place the chicken nuggets in the air fryer basket or air fryer tray and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until they are golden brown and cooked through. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature.
5) Serve in a small bowl with your favorite dipping sauce. We recommend placing them in a shallow bowl on top of a paper towel to soak up any leftover oil. Now, just add your dressing!
For instance, parmesan cheese, honey mustard, pickle juice, BBQ sauce, or any hot sauce are all acceptable options. You might want to make a double batch for this one. Enjoy!
- You can use any type of milk for this recipe, including almond milk or soy milk.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, you can also bake the chicken nuggets in a convection oven on a baking sheet or sheet pan. Just don’t forget nonstick cooking spray or parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until they are golden brown and cooked through.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled if you’re cooking for a large group.
- Leftover chicken nuggets can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. reheat in the air fryer or oven before serving.
We hope you enjoy this quick and easy recipe for air fryer chicken nuggets! Be sure to try it the next time you’re looking for a tasty snack or quick meal. Enjoy!
Now that you know how to make chicken nuggets in the air fryer, it’s time to get cooking! This quick and easy recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight or a fun weekend meal.
With an air fryer, you’ll enjoy cooking and eating these chicken nuggets! Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy! After you are done, store them in a ziplock bag, freezer bag, or airtight container to preserve freshness.
That’s the scoop on how to cook chicken nuggets in the air fryer! Let us know what you think in the comments below.
Check out these affiliate links for more scoop on food!
- Top 25 German Foods To Try
- The 25 Best Wines For Italian Food 
- 15 Best Rums For A Rum Cake Recipe
- 10 Delicious Cucumber Canning Recipes