This recipe is perfect for people on-the-go as it is simple, quick, and easy to make! It combines all the amazing tastes of coffee and a protein shake!
Coffee is something most people have in their morning routine. I love coffee, but it’s tiring drinking the same thing every day. Sometimes, it’s nice to switch it up to something a little different! This recipe is for a coffee protein shake. A little extra protein never hurt anybody! This shake is a great way to get your morning joe fix with a little boost of protein.
I absolutely love my vanilla protein-coffee morning shake because it can be used as a meal replacement if I’m short on time, or it can be drunk alongside your normal breakfast. It’s super easy to make and takes less than 5 minutes!
It can’t get any better than having your morning coffee with a little extra boost to get the day started! It’s so simple and easy that it can be made right at home. For me, it’s the best thing to make before a long day!
COFFEE PROTEIN SHAKE INGREDIENTS:
- Banana. You will need 1 banana and I use a banana that’s a little bit on the sweeter side, but use whatever your preference is.
- Protein Powder. 1/2 scoop of protein powder (can be vanilla or chocolate, both are delicious!). I like to use the Vega Vanilla Protein Powder because it’s plant-based, but you can also use one that is whey-based.
- Milk. 1/2 a cup of milk (I use plant-based but you can use regular). I always go for plant-based milk as well. The types I like using are Oatly, Oat Yeah (pictured), and Silk Vanilla Soy milk. But you can use whatever milk you’d like!
- Coffee. 12 oz of your favorite coffee! I use Peet’s Major Dickason’s dark roast coffee (my absolute fav), but again, you can use whatever coffee you’d like.
HOW TO MAKE A COFFEE PROTEIN SHAKE:
- Make the coffee. First, make the coffee the night before you want to make your shake. Put it in the fridge and leave it over night. This allows it to stay chill and cool.
- Cut up the banana. Cut up the banana enough to fit in blender.
- Add ingredients into blender. Add in coffee, protein powder, banana, and milk to blender.
- Blend ingredients. Blend for about a minute or until you get a smooth consistency.
- Pour into a glass. Add a straw and enjoy!
This recipe is super easy and fast!!
This coffee protein shake is a great way to start the morning. The best thing about this recipe is that you can replace almost all the ingredients to make it exactly how you’d like!
Make the coffee the night before you’re planning to make this. By putting it in the refrigerator overnight, it will cold when you add it to the shake.
Get the Scoop on more recipes:
- 1 banana
- 1/2 scoop of protein powder
- 12 oz cold coffee
- 1 cup of milk
Put all items in the blender