It’s no secret that Snapchat is one of the most popular messaging apps out there. This platform is most popular on Android devices and iPhones.
Social media platforms allow users to connect via their phones and share what is going on in their life.
It can be really frustrating when this happens!
But don’t worry, there are a few different ways that you can try to get your messages back. In this article, we’ll show you how to see cleared conversations on Snapchat and potentially recover them.
What Is Snapchat?
Before we get into the guide, let’s first answer the question: what is Snapchat?
In short, Snapchat is a photo and video messaging mobile app.
It’s different from other platforms like WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger in that all messages are automatically deleted after they’ve been viewed or after 24 hours (unless you save them).
This makes Snapchat ideal for sharing quick, candid moments with friends without having to worry about them being saved or shared without your permission.
Unlike other social media apps, old conversations don’t stay forever. Disappearing messages has been a topic of debate for Snapchat users.
The Snapchat team has done everything possible to let users see their most recent messages. But the recovery process of deleted data doesn’t have the most simple steps.
How To Use Snapchat
Now that you know a little bit more about Snapchat, let’s go over the basics of how to use it.
If you’re new to the app, download Snapchat from Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Once it’s installed on your device, open it up and create an account.
Once you’re logged in, you’ll see the main Snapchat screen. This is where you can view all of your recent snaps, Snapchat photos, and videos as well as any new snaps that you haven’t viewed yet.
To take a photo or video, tap the camera icon in the bottom-center of the screen. If you want to view someone’s story, just tap on their name.
You can also add friends by tapping on the ghost icon and then selecting “Add Friends.”
How To See Deleted Conversations On Snapchat
Now that you know the basics of how to use Snapchat, let’s get into the guide. There are numerous ways for Snapchat users to recover their Snapchat conversation history.
If you’ve accidentally deleted a conversation or if the Snapchat servers have deleted it, there are a few ways that you can try to recover it.
The easy steps to see if your old Snapchat messages are really gone is to go through your Snapchat app.
The first place to look is to go to your chat screen. Look up the Snapchat users you want to find the conversation with.
If their chat window does not appear it is likely the messages are gone. This is the best way to store data and see it.
How To Recover Deleted Conversations
Snapchat knows that sometimes users might delete conversations by accident and offers a way to recover them.
This is one of the most popular Snapchat message recovery tools that has all your lost data and important files from your Snapchat chat history.
The following methods will help you see your Snapchat conversation history.
Whether you’re using an iPhone or Android device, here’s how to see cleared conversations as an in-app function:
1. Open and log into your Snapchat account.
2. Click on yourself in the top left corner.
3. Then click on the settings icon in the top right corner.
4. From there scroll all the way to the bottom of the page.
5. You will see a tab called “My Data”
6. Click on Snapchat my data page and put in your email address.
7. After signing in, you should see “My Account Page”.
8. Click on “My Data”.
9. Scroll to the bottom and submit the request.
10. You should receive an email with a download link to download your data.
11. Hit download and right-click to extract the zip file.
12. Navigate to the zip folder called Mydata.
13. Select the index file type and you should be able to see all your messages.
If you decide right away you want the messages gone from your computer you can use ephemeral messaging apps to instantly delete them.
How To Use Third-party Tools
If you can’t find your messages using the method above, then you might need to try a third-party tool.
When you use a Snapchat data recovery tool you want to make sure you have an internet connection. Without it, your phone’s internal memory could slow your phone down.
One popular data recovery software that can be used for an apple device is Dr.Fone
This software is available for both Windows and Mac computers and it can help you recover all types of data from your phone, including Snapchat messages.
Dr. Fone For iPhone Device
Here’s how to use Dr. Fone for iPhone users to see deleted conversations on Snapchat:
1. Download, install and launch Dr.Fone on your computer.
2. Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable and select “Recover” from the main menu.
3. Then select the “Recover button from iOS Device”.
4. Click “Start Scan” to scan your phone for recoverable data.
5. Once the scan is complete, you should see all of your messages. Snapchat messages fall under this.
6. You can then select which messages you want to recover and click “Recover”.
Depending on how many messages and call logs from Snapchat you are trying to recover it can take a long time.
If you are unable to find any files related to this check your cache folder where temporary files are stored to maximize space.
Your cache memory holds files temporarily that can’t be stored because there is not enough storage.
You can create a new folder to save any messages you want to keep on your computer or any cleared conversations from Snapchat you want to see.
Android Data Recover For Android Phone
For Android users, you can use Android Data Recovery to recover old Snapchat conversations. This software is meant for only recovering old messages not for stealing or copying.
The data connection on your phone will allow you to connect to a network for a more reliable scanning process.
1. Download and install the Android Data Recovery on your PC.
2. Launch the software.
3. Click on data recovery.
4. Connect your Android to your Pc.
5. Once the software detects your phone it will have a list of the types of data you can recover.
6. You will then click the box next to messages.
7. Select recover all files and hit next.
8. The software will scan your phone for deleted messages and shows what is recoverable.
9. Click the items you want to recover and click the recover button.
When looking through your files on an Android device you might come across nomedia extension.
What this nomedia file means is it prevents other apps from scanning and indexing the content of your folders.
When using this data recovery tool Android users can download a dumpster app that lets you restore files you deleted with a deep scan recovery.
For any user, you can also use the recycle bin on your computer to recover deleted items you mistakenly deleted.
Are Deleted Snapchat Messages Stored?
When you delete a message on Snapchat, it’s gone forever…or is it?
It turns out that Snapchat doesn’t actually delete your messages when you hit the delete button. Instead, the app just marks the message as deleted.
The message is still stored on the Snapchat servers and can be accessed by anyone with the right tools. This means that, technically, it’s possible to recover deleted Snapchat messages.
How To Save Messages On Snapchat
Snapchat only allows messages to be seen for 24 hours then they are automatically deleted. However, you can save messages on Snapchat so that they are stored on your phone and can be viewed at any time.
Simply tap on the text messages to save them. You can always go back and tap it again to unsave it if you change your mind.
If you aren’t sure that you saved a message it should have a grey background. This allows everyone in the chat to see what’s saved.
Messages disappear after you view them, this can be frustrating when you open a message and get off the app.
This unique feature allows you to change the settings to delete after 24 hours you will need to go to each chat you want to change it to.
Click on their profile icon and hit the three dots in the right corner. You can then change the chat settings.
It will also let them know that you have changed it in your messages but won’t notify them. These Snapchat chats will appear grey as a saved message that both you and your friend can see.
It is an easy way to see old messages throughout the day.
Saving messages is a good way to keep them forever, but it’s also a good idea to take screenshots as well.
This is because taking screenshots will save the messages in your phone’s photo gallery and you can view them at any time.
How To Clear Conversations
Now that you know how to see cleared conversations on Snapchat, you might be wondering how to clear them.
Maybe you’re done talking to that person and you don’t want the messages taking up space on your phone.
Or maybe you just want to start fresh and have a clean slate. Clearing a conversation is simple and only takes a few seconds.
1. Open Snapchat and log in to your account.
2. Tap on the conversation that you want to clear.
3. Then tap on the settings icon in the top right hand corner.
4. Scroll down and tap on “Clear Conversation”.
5. A pop-up window will appear asking if you’re sure you want to clear the conversation.
6. Tap on “Yes” to confirm.
What is in my Snapchat History
Your Snapchat history is a record of all the snaps that you have sent and received. It also includes any snaps that you have saved.
This is one of the most popular video-sharing applications that allows you to create a Snapchat username and save your Snapchat pictures easily.
You can even look at your Snapchat memories to see all the pictures that you have saved.
To view your Snapchat history, simply login to your account and tap on the “Settings” icon.
Then scroll down and tap on “My Data”. From there, you will be able to view your Snapchat history.
Tips For Snapchat
Now that you know how to see cleared conversations on Snapchat, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Always log out of your account when you’re finished using it. This will help protect your information in case your phone is lost or stolen.
- Never save sensitive information in a Snapchat message.
- Try to avoid using third-party apps to save Snapchat messages. These can be unreliable and may not work.
- If you’re worried about someone recovering your Snapchat messages, you can always use a different app like WhatsApp messages or Signal.
You can also try out the Ibeesoft iPhone data recovery tool and iTunes backup file as another file manager app.
Snapchat usually releases a new feature every year so be on the lookout! We hope this guide was helpful in teaching you how to see cleared conversations on Snapchat.
Get the scoop on more like this: