This Garlic Lime Chicken will sure bring you a sweet and sour taste! The seasonings, lemon juice, and lime sure make this chicken recipe delicious!
If you have ever had chicken like me and you know what you usually like on your chicken then why not try a new recipe. I decided to add lime in mine to make it a little more sour. I love sweet and sour flavors. Whenever I making chicken I add in some of my favorite seasonings such as basil, seasoning salt, and garlic. If I am eating chicken I want to have as much flavor as possible. I especially love using the instant pot as it only took 3 minutes to cook.
This recipe is weight watcher friendly and only 2 points per serving. This recipe should be 4 servings. Instead of using lime in this recipe you can also use some cut up lemon. Enjoy this chicken with mashed potatoes, rice, and or some broccoli on the side.
Instant Pot Garlic Lime Chicken Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil: Use just enough to coat the bottom of pan. Also you can use any kind of olive oil you want.
- 1 Cup of Chicken Broth: This also gives some nice flavor for your chicken.
- 4 Chicken Breasts: I used 4 Chicken breasts but you can also use cutlets.
- 2 tbsp of Butter: This is for the pan to help not make everything stick to the bottom.
- 3 tbsp of Lemon Juice: This gives the chicken more flavor as it can soak up the chicken.
- 1/2 tsp of minced garlic or 4 garlic cloves, minced.
- 1 tsp of Oregano: If you would rather use rosemary, this is also a good seasoning for chicken.
- 1 tsp of basil: I use basil because it is one of my favorite seasonings to use on chicken.
- 1 tbsp of flour: this is to thicken the sauce up.
- 1 lime sliced: This adds a more sour taste to your chicken. If you would rather use 1 lemon sliced, that will work as well.
- A pinch of parsley: I always like adding parsley as a garnish.
How to make Instant Pot Garlic Lime Chicken:
- Add Olive Oil, Chicken Broth, and Chicken Breasts to an instant pot.
- Press the pressure cooker button and select the highest setting.
- Set to cook for 3 minutes, pot will take 5 to 10 minutes to preheat.
- After it’s done cooking and has beeped press cancel and do a quick release.
- Open the lid when pressure gauge has dropped and the lid opens easily.
- Remove the Chicken Breasts and dump chicken broth, leave in 1/4 cup of broth in pot.
- Press the sauté button to change to sauté mode.
- Add butter, lemon juice, oregano, basil, garlic, and parsley while whisking in the flour.
- Stir and sauté until sauce thickens about 2 minutes.
- A Chicken back to instant pot and sauté another minute per side, then stir in lime wedges and press cancel.
- Stir Chicken and you’re ready to eat.
Check out these other delicious recipes:
- Tasty Pineapple Pound Cake
- Tuna Poke Bowl Recipe
- Zucchini Parmesan Chips Recipe
- Layered Cream Cheese Brownies
- Simple Chicken & Vegetable Lo Mein
- 1 teas of olive oil
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 3 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1/2 teas. of minced garlic or 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teas of oregano
- 1 teas of basil
- 1 tbsp of flour
- 1 lime sliced
- fresh parsley
1. Add Olive Oil, Chicken Broth, and Chicken Breasts into pot and then place lid on pot.
2. Press pressure cook butten and set to high setting.
3. This will take about 5 to 10 minutes to come to pressure.
4. When it is done cooking press cancel and then to a quick release of the pressure on instant pot. Open lid when pressure gauge has dropped and then lid opens easily.
5. Remove the Chicken Breasts from the pot and chicken broth, reserving 1/4 cup of it and leaving it in the pot.
6. Press the Saute button to change to saute mode.
7. Add butter, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, basil, parsley; while whisking in flour. Stir and Sautee until sauce thickens slightly about 2 minutes.
8. Add chicken back to instant pot and sautee per minute.
9. Add chicken back to instant pot and saute another minute per side, then stir in lime wedges and press cancel.
10. Serve chicken in sauce and your ready to eat.
Substitue the limes for lemons and substitute oregano and or basil for rosemary.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 337