This sweet and sour chicken is super delicious and weight watcher friendly. If your looking for a good instant pot chicken recipe, than I strongly recommend trying this one.
This Sweet and Sour chicken is one of my family’s favorite dishes. If your someone who loves cooking in an instant pot, like I do than you have to try this Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe, especially if you love Chinese Food. I added up 5 weight watcher points for this recipe. The combination of sweet and salty flavors really adds to the taste. There are also so many different things you can substitute for this recipe, it all depends on what you like. Green, yellow, and red peppers are popular to add to sweet and sour chicken, but since I don’t like peppers I added in some broccoli.
This is the first time I have made this and it’s safe to say that I can’t complain. I wanted to try out my new instant pot. I strongly recommend getting an instant pot as it cooks everything faster compared to your crock-pot. Make this Sweet and Sour Chicken for lunch, dinner, or a family get together and I promise you’ll enjoy it no matter when you make it.
Sweet and Sour Chicken Ingredients:
Sweet & Sour Sauce: I only used 1/4 Cup
How to make Sweet and Sour Chicken:
- Pre-Measure Ingredients: Pre-measure out all ingredients in separate dishes before you put them in the instant pot.
- Ready for Instant Pot: Turn on your Instant Pot settings to high pressure, this will take 10 minutes to come to pressure.
- Add in ingredients: Add in your Olive Oil, Chicken, Pineapple, Apple Cider Vinegar, Sweet & Sour Sauce, Garlic, and Chicken Broth all in that exact order.
- Place Lid on and Cook: After all ingredients are in instant pot place the lid on and cook 5 minutes on high pressure.
- Prepare Rice and Broccoli: While everything is cooking go ahead and get your rice and broccoli for you to add in. If you would rather you can serve on the side. Microwave 1 cup of rice for 1 minute and microwave your broccoli for 4 1/2 minutes.
- Slowly remove pressure and lid: After you remove pressure and lid, which will take 5 to 10 minutes to come back down. Go ahead and add in your broccoli and rice. Everything else should be cooked and it will still stay warm.
- Stir and Serve: Wants everything is mixed together your ready to eat.
Check out these other delicious Recipes:
- Summer Chicken Salad Recipe
- Vegetarian Flautas
- Mozzarella Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf
- Keto-Friendly Ground Turkey Pizza
- Vegan Cauliflower Wings Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 Ib of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Cup of Pineapple Chunks
- 3 Tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup of Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Minced Garlic
- 1 1/4 Cup of Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups of Brown Rice
- 1 Cup of Broccoli
- Pre-Measure out all ingredients in separate individual containers.
- Turn on Instant Pot to High Pressure will take up to 10 minutes to get up to pressure.
- Add in your Olive Oil, Chicken, Pineapple, Apple Cider Vinegar, Sweet and Sour Sauce, Garlic, and Chicken Broth.
- Place lid on and Cook for 5 minutes.
- While your food is cooking go ahead and cook rice and broccoli. I used the microwavable rice and broccoli. The 2 cups of rice takes 2 minutes and the broccoli takes 4 1/2 minutes.
- Slowly remove pressure and lid and add in rice and broccoli.
- Combine everything together well and your ready to eat. Pressure will take 5 to 10 minutes to come back down.
If you feel that your Sweet and Sour Chicken is too runny than add in some cornstarch to thicken it up. You can also use brown sugar, ketchup, and soy sauce for substitutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330Total Fat: 8 gramsgSaturated Fat: 1g gCholesterol: 51mgmgSodium: 866mgmgCarbohydrates: 58ggFiber: 2ggSugar: 9ggProtein: 27gg