Starbucks is a great coffee shop to go to whether you are craving hot coffee, hot tea, cold brew coffee, iced tea, or some yummy food items. But what if you are following the ketogenic diet? Thankfully, there are plenty of keto friendly Starbucks options to choose from, and you can even customize drinks in the Starbucks app.
People all over the world go to Starbucks every day, so it only makes sense that you can get your favorite drink no matter what diet you follow.
Here is the scoop on keto friendly Starbucks drinks to treat your taste buds!
Coffee drinkers everywhere love going to Starbucks. Whether you are a fan of hot coffee like the Pike Place Roast or blonde roast, or cold coffee like the nitro cold brew, Starbucks has got you covered! You can also easily customize your keto coffee drinks in the mobile app by adding coconut milk or artificial sweeteners.
- Black Coffee- If you’re looking to add a little pizzaz to your black coffee, why not add some cream or sugar-free syrups? Starbucks has several classic syrup turned sugar-free syrup options on the menu. They are the best options if you want to add some yummy flavor to your morning coffee while using sugar substitutes
- Espresso- If you’re a true coffee lover, you know the benefits of espresso. It wakes you up! If you’re worried about the taste, add a little cream to your order.
- Cold Brew- This drink is a classic and it’s obvious why. It can be combined with heavy whipping cream for a strong and long-lasting coffee high that is keto-friendly.
- Iced Coffee- Iced coffee is a great way to go because you can literally add any sugar-free syrup you want and not sacrifice having a bad taste.
- Americano- A Starbucks Americano is another classic coffee drink. For a yummy keto-twist, order this with heavy whipping cream!
- Cappucino- You don’t even have to change the drink other than ordering coconut or almond milk for a healthier, keto Starbucks drink.
- Premier Protein- Make any coffee delicious by getting it in a venti cup and adding any flavor of Premier Protein shakes. Getting one or two shots of espresso on ice in a venti cup and adding your own Premier Protein shake is a yummy and filling drink for the summer! For extra flavor, you can also add a splash of heavy cream or whole milk and two to tree pumps of a sugar-free syrup.
If coffee is not your style, Starbucks also has lots of delicious teas to choose from! For a simple keto-friendly Starbucks drink, order a hot water and tea bags of your choice.
You can also easily customize popular drinks to make a keto-friendly version. For example, try the keto Pink Drink! Instead of the usual Pink Drink, order an Unsweetened Passion Tango Iced Tea with no sugar and no water. Add in heavy cream and two to three pumps of sugar-free vanilla syrup, and you have a yummy keto-friendly drink.
- Citrus Defender
- Comfort Wellness Brewed Tea
- Defense Wellness Brewed Tea
- Honey Citrus Mint Tea
- Emperor’s Cloud Mist Tea
- Jade Citrus Mint Tea
- Mint Majesty Herbal Tea
- Passion Tango Tea
- Peach Tranquility Tea
- RevUp Wellness Tea Organic Chai Tea
- Youthberry White Tea
Starbucks Sugar-Free Syrups
Make sure to mention you want the sugar-free version of your favorite drinks!
Sugar-free syrups are a yummy sugar-free options to add some flavor to your coffee or tea. These flavored sugar-substitutes add some sweetness and delicious flavor to your drinks.
Each pump has 1g Net Carbs
- Sugar-free Vanilla
- Sugar-free Caramel
- Mocha – skinny mocha sauce
- Sugar-free cinnamon dolce syrup
- Sugar free Hazelnut
Pro-Tip for keto Starbucks drinks: You can order any latte to by adding “skinny” to the name. This way the Starbucks baristas will know to automatically use sugar-free and fat-free products.
Now that you have your drink, it is time to eat! Starbucks has lots of yummy food options for a low-carb diet. One good option is The Protein Box because you can get a variety of foods to eat, but there are also lots of other delicious choices.
- Roasted Almonds
- The Protein Box (includes various meats and cheeses)
- Sausage and Egg Breakfast Sandwich (without bun)
- Ham and bacon breakfast sandwich (without bun)
- Reduced Fat Turkey Bacon Sandwich
- Cheese Sticks
- Starbucks Bacon Sous Vide Egg Bites
Whether you are just starting keto or have been doing it for a long time, there are lots of delicious food and drink options at Starbucks. Also, if you are ever unsure about what drinks will taste good or what customizations to make, have no fear. The good news is that you can always ask the barista for help!
The next time you are in the mood for a Starbucks coffee, give one of these drinks a try! You never know what you might fall in love with. Also, if you try any of these drinks be sure to comment your favorite.
For more Keto-friendly scoop check out A Low-Carb Snack Guide for the KETO diet and Premier Protein Shakes Weight Watchers Guide: Blue, Green, and Purple Points.