Cooler weather has arrived, which means it’s time to start sipping on your favorite hot drinks! Today I’m giving you a delicious hot cocoa recipe with a Disney twist. This bev is super sweet and perfect to keep you toasty on those chilly days and nights. Best of all? It’s quick, super simple, and absolutely adorable.
This is Minnie’s Super Sweet (and Simple) Hot Cocoa Recipe.
As far as mugs go, I’m using my Minnie Mouse mug. I got mine during a trip to Walt Disney World years ago and it’s a favorite. But you can get one of your own here. However, any mug will do. Just find your favorite and get started!
- 1/2 cup milk- whatever kind is your favorite!
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Whipped cream or cool whip
- 2 donut holes
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Cinnamon sticks (optional)
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Pour 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream into your favorite Disney mug. Mix together.
- Heat in microwave for 2 minutes. Be sure to watch close so it doesn't bubble over!
- Add 3 tsp cocoa powder. Feel free to add more for a stronger flavor! Mix.
- Add 1/4 tsp vanilla extract. Mix.
- (Optional) Heat again in microwave to your desired temperature.
- Add cool whip or whipped cream (I used a combo!).
- Add one donut hole to either side of the mug to resemble mouse ears.
- (Optional) Sprinkle cinnamon, sprinkles, or anything else you desire on top! I also added a cinnamon stick to mine since I had some extras lying around.
- Sip and enjoy!
Heat your cocoa/milk mixture in the microwave for less time for kids so it doesn't get too hot!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
FAB Starpoint Disney Minnie Mouse Red Drinking Mug with Arm, One Size
Great Value Cinnamon Sticks, 9 oz
(2 Pack) McCormick Ground Cinnamon, 2.37 oz
Great Value Rainbow Sprinkles, 10.5 oz
Watkins All Natural Original Gourmet Baking Vanilla, with Pure Vanilla Extract
Hershey's Cocoa Powder 100% Cacao, Natural Unsweetened Chocolate, 8 Oz.
Great Value 2% Reduced-Fat Milk, 1 Gallon, 128 Fl. Oz.
Land O Lakes Heavy Whipping Cream, 1 Quart
One of the best things about this recipe is that it’s super fun for kids! Make a night of it and set out your toppings so everyone can decorate their cocoa however they like.
Make sure to let us know in the comments how sweet you like your Minnie hot cocoa!
And don’t forget to check out more Disney Scoop below!