Picnics are a great way to spend quality time with your loved one while enjoying good food and the great outdoors. Whether it’s a first date or a special occasion, a picnic date is a great idea that is sure to impress. But what are the best picnic date ideas?
Here is the scoop on the 100 best picnic date ideas and tips for the perfect romantic things to do.
Romantic Picnic Date Ideas
1. Botanical Garden Picnic – Take your loved one to a beautiful botanical garden for a romantic picnic surrounded by nature.
2. Beach Picnic – Pack your picnic basket and head to the beach for a relaxing day in the sun.
3. Local Park Picnic – Enjoy a picnic lunch in your local park, it’s a great opportunity to get some fresh air and enjoy the outdoors.
4. Sunset Picnic – Set up a picnic at a scenic location so you can watch the sunset together.
5. State Park Picnic – Spend the day hiking and exploring at a state park, then relax and have a picnic lunch.
6. Outdoor Picnic – Whether it’s in your backyard or a nearby park, an outdoor picnic is a great way to enjoy the beautiful weather.
7. Indoor Picnic – Not in the mood for an outdoor picnic? Create a cozy picnic in your living room and enjoy some quality time together.
8. Bike Ride Picnic – Take a bike ride to a nearby picnic spot for a fun way to enjoy the outdoors and also a great picnic lunch.
9. Open Space Picnic – Find a quiet open space like a meadow or a hilltop for a peaceful picnic. This will allow you to enjoy each other and also the beauty of nature.
10. Unique Location Picnic – Find a unique location like a rooftop or an abandoned building for a memorable picnic experience. You will have fun taking so many unique photos!
Cute Picnic Date Ideas
11. Fruit Salad Picnic – A great option for a healthy and refreshing picnic date.
12. Pasta Salad Picnic – Pasta salad is so good! It is a perfect picnic food that can be enjoyed cold or at room temperature.
13. Charcuterie Board Picnic – A great way to showcase your love for good food and wine on a picnic date.
14. Finger Foods Picnic – A fun way to enjoy a variety of delicious bite-sized snacks.
15. Picnic Lunch – Pack a picnic lunch and enjoy it together at a scenic location.
16. Good Food Picnic – Pack your favorite foods and drinks for a personalized picnic experience.
17. Picnic Menus – Plan out a themed picnic menu, like a cheese and wine tasting or a Mediterranean spread.
18. Following Items Picnic – Make a list of items to bring and go on a scavenger hunt to find them all.
19. Own Food Picnic – Bring your own food and drinks to a local picnic area for a DIY picnic experience.
20. Picnic Date Food Ideas – Try out new recipes or pack your favorite comfort foods for a delicious picnic date.
Fun Picnic Ideas
21. Board Games Picnic – Bring your favorite board games for a fun activity to do during your picnic.
22. Card Game Picnic – A simple and fun way to pass the time during your picnic.
23. Fun Activities Picnic – Bring along fun activities like frisbee or a kite for an active picnic date.
24. Deck of Cards Picnic – Bring a deck of cards for a fun and easy game to play during your picnic.
25. Portable Speaker Picnic – Bring a portable speaker and enjoy some music while you picnic.
26. Waterproof Picnic Blanket – Bring a waterproof picnic blanket for a worry-free picnic on a hot day.
27. Bottle Opener – Don’t forget to bring a bottle opener for your wine or beer.
28. Hot Day Picnic – Pack refreshing drinks like fruit juice or iced tea for a hot day picnic.
29. Warm Drinks Picnic – For cooler weather, pack warm drinks like hot cocoa or apple cider to keep you cozy during your picnic.
30. Board Games and Snacks Picnic – Bring your favorite board games and snacks for a fun and relaxing picnic.
31. Picnic and Photography – Take advantage of the beautiful scenery and snap some photos together.
32. Book Club Picnic – Bring your favorite books and enjoy a relaxing afternoon reading together.
33. Scavenger Hunt Picnic – Create a scavenger hunt and pack a picnic lunch as the prize.
34. Bonfire Picnic – If you have access to a fire pit, bring some s’mores supplies and have a cozy bonfire picnic. Everyone will have so much fun making this sweet treat!
35. Picnic with Pets – If you have a furry friend, bring them along for a fun picnic date.
36. Movie Night Picnic – Set up a movie screen and projector for a unique outdoor movie night picnic. You will have so much fun.
37. Puzzle Picnic – Bring a puzzle or crossword book to enjoy together during your picnic.
38. Artistic Picnic – Bring along some art supplies and enjoy a creative picnic date.
39. Fitness Picnic – Take advantage of the outdoor space and do a workout together during your picnic.
40. Nature Walk Picnic – Take a scenic nature walk and enjoy a picnic lunch along the way.
Best Picnic Foods
41. Fresh Fruit – A perfect refreshing snack to enjoy during a picnic.
42. Cheese and Crackers – A classic picnic snack that is always a crowd-pleaser.
43. Sandwiches – Pack your favorite sandwiches for a quick and easy picnic lunch.
44. Hummus and Veggie Sticks – A healthy and delicious snack that is easy to pack.
45. Antipasto Platter – A delicious and filling snack that is perfect for sharing.
46. Grilled Vegetables – Bring a portable grill and grill up some fresh veggies for a healthy and delicious picnic lunch.
47. BBQ Chicken – Bring along some pre-cooked BBQ chicken for an easy and tasty picnic lunch. You will have so much fun!
48. Fresh Salads – Pack a variety of fresh salads like pasta salad or quinoa salad for a light and healthy picnic lunch. There are so many types of salad to enjoy.
49. Chips and Salsa – A fun and easy snack to enjoy during your picnic.
50. Sweet Treats – Pack some sweet treats like cookies or brownies for a tasty dessert during your picnic.
Tips for the Perfect Picnic Date
51. Find the Perfect Picnic Spot – Look for a scenic location with a good view and plenty of open space. This will give you so many options for what to do.
52. Pack the Right Picnic Basket – Choose a basket that is big enough to hold all of your picnic supplies and food.
53. Bring a Blanket – Make sure to bring a comfortable and durable blanket to sit on.
54. Plan for the Weather – Check the weather forecast and pack accordingly.
55. Pack a First Aid Kit – Make sure to pack a first aid kit just in case of any accidents.
56. Bring Water Bottles – Stay hydrated by packing plenty of water bottles. You can also bring sodas and other drinks that your guests will enjoy.
57. Keep it Simple – Don’t overcomplicate things, sometimes the best picnics are the simplest ones. So do not be afraid to just have a casual picnic with a few snacks.
58. Have a Plan B – In case the weather doesn’t cooperate, have a backup plan for an indoor picnic.
59. Don’t Forget the Small Things – Pack utensils, napkins, and anything else you might need for a comfortable picnic.
60. Enjoy the Moment – The most important thing is to enjoy each other’s company and create beautiful memories together.
61. Picnic blanket – A big, soft blanket for sitting on the ground is a must-have.
62. Picnic basket or bag – It should be large enough to store all your picnic supplies like plates and utensils and also any drinks or food.
63. Food – Pack a variety of food like sandwiches, salads, and drinks.
64. Drinks – Cold drinks are essential to keep everyone refreshed during the picnic date.
65. Outdoor games – Have a few fun outdoor games to keep things interesting and also competitive.
66. Music – Listening to music is a great way to enjoy your picnic date. Bring along a speaker and some of your favorite tunes.
67. Insect Repellent – Don’t let pesky bugs ruin fun! Bring some insect repellent so you can enjoy your picnic date without worrying about bugs.
68. Sunscreen – Protect yourself from the sun’s harmful rays with sunscreen.
69. Pillows – In addition to a picnic blanket, some pillows or cushions to sit on are the perfect way to make your picnic comfy and so cute.
70. Camera – Capture the special moments with a camera or smartphone.
71. Water – Staying hydrated is key, so make sure you bring enough water for both of you.
72. Snacks – Stock up on snacks for your picnic date. Make sure to bring a variety of sweet and also savory snacks that you both will enjoy.
73. Trash bags – Bring a few garbage bags with you so you can clean up after your picnic date.
74. Utensils – Pack utensils, plates, and napkins so you can easily eat your picnic meal.
75. Books – Bring a book or magazine to read together during downtime on your picnic date.
76. Frisbee or ball – Include some outdoor games or activities, like a frisbee or ball, to keep you entertained on your picnic date.
77. First aid kit – A small first aid kit is a good idea in case of minor injuries during your picnic date.
78. Bug spray – Apply bug spray to avoid bug bites on your picnic date.
79. Map – Bring a map of the picnic area in case you go on a hiking adventure during your picnic date.
80. Sun hats – Pack sun hats to protect yourselves from the sun on your picnic date.
More Picnic Date Ideas
81. Truck bed picnic – Make use of your truck bed and set up a picnic there.
82. Stargazing picnic – Go stargazing during your picnic date by bringing a telescope
83. Beach picnic – Pack some tasty snacks and head to the beach for your picnic date. You will have so much fun!
84. Lantern picnic – Bring lanterns and have a romantic picnic date in the evening.
85. Hiking picnic – Pack your picnic basket and go on an adventurous hike during your picnic date.
86. Waterfall picnic – Set up your blanket and food near a waterfall for a breathtaking view during your picnic date.
87. Camping picnic – Enjoy a night of camping and have your picnic date in the great outdoors. You will have so many great photo opportunities.
88. Farmers market picnic – Visit a farmers market, pick up some fresh produce, and enjoy your picnic date with the freshest ingredients.
89. Movie night picnic – Spend an evening under the stars with your special someone and have a picnic dinner while watching a movie.
90. Drive-in theater picnic – Pack up a delicious picnic dinner and head to a drive-in theater for some old school fun.
91. Music festival picnic – Visit a local music festival, grab some food and enjoy your picnic date in the company of other music lovers.
92. Photoshoot picnic – Have a picnic while taking turns getting your pictures taken to commemorate the special day.
93. Park hop picnic – Visit different parks during your picnic date, and explore the outdoor scenery each one has to offer.
94. Private chef picnic – Hire a private chef to come and prepare an amazing picnic meal for you both.
95. Beach bonfire picnic – Enjoy a romantic beach bonfire picnic, watching the sunset and listening to the waves.
96. Art gallery picnic – Take your date to a nearby art gallery and explore the art while enjoying your picnic.
97. Wine-tasting picnic – Visit a vineyard, do a wine tasting, and also enjoy a picnic lunch on the grounds.
98. Yoga picnic – Do some in the park and then enjoy a relaxing together afterwards.
99. Cloud-watching picnic – Lay out a blanket on a grassy hill and watch the clouds drift by together.
100. Nighttime picnic – Pack up a basket of snacks and head to a secluded spot for a romantic starlit picnic.
Why We Love Picnics
Picnics are the best way to enjoy a romantic outdoor date with your special someone. They are an easy and convenient way to explore different areas of your local area, while enjoying quality time together. Whether it’s a cloud-watching picnic or a night-time picnic watching the stars, it’s always the perfect time for a picnic.
Picnics are the perfect way to enjoy quality time with your special someone and explore different areas of your local area. Not only are they an easy and convenient way to spend time together, but they also provide a great excuse for being outdoors in nature.
Whether it’s sitting at picnic tables or on comfy blankets spread out over grassy hills, picnics are a great activity for any couple looking for a romantic outdoor date.
With the ability to find the perfect location, from secluded spots under starlit skies or cloud-watching atop hilltops, there is no better way than a picnic to spend some best time together! Picnics truly are a great thing that anyone can enjoy.
Picnics are one of the most romantic and cute date ideas around, offering an easy way to spend quality time together outdoors. With a little bit of planning and preparation, you can also have a great picnic date in local state parks or secluded spots with breathtaking views.
Bring along some food for snacking and maybe even a little bit of wine for sipping while you enjoy each other’s company. Picnics offer couples the opportunity to get away from it all while enjoying some fresh air and natural beauty – making them a lot of fun!
Not only that, but picnics also provide an intimate atmosphere where couples can talk, laugh, cuddle up close together, and reconnect without distractions from everyday life.
Things to Remember
Date night is a great way to spend quality time with your partner and enjoy each other’s company. And when the weather is good, there’s no better way to make the most of it than by having a picnic date!
A perfect place for an outdoor picnic could be at a nearby park or beach, where you can relax and take in some fresh air. It’s also the perfect way to get creative with your food choices – plan out what snacks and meals you want to share together.
The best part about having a picnic date is that it can be enjoyed any time of day – whether its morning, afternoon, or evening. No matter what time you choose, it will surely be one of the best dates ever!
When the weather is good, it can be hard to find a unique way to spend time with your partner that doesn’t involve going out in a big city. A picnic date is an easy and great choice for couples looking for something fun and different to do together.
It’s maybe the best way to enjoy each other’s company while taking advantage of the good weather. Finding the perfect spot to have a picnic date can be tricky but with some research you’ll be able to find just what you’re looking for!
Whether it’s morning, afternoon or evening, having a picnic date is sure to create lasting memories between you and your partner.
A picnic date is a great way to spend quality time with your loved one while enjoying good food and the great outdoors. Whether it’s a first date or a special occasion, these 100 best picnic date ideas are sure to impress.
From romantic picnic spots to fun picnic activities and delicious picnic foods, there’s something for everyone on this list.
Remember to pack a picnic basket with all of your favorite snacks and drinks, and don’t forget the important things like a blanket, utensils, and a first aid kit. Also, always keep in mind the weather and any potential plan B’s.
Whether you choose a local park, state park, botanical garden, or your own living room, a picnic date is a perfect opportunity to spend time together, relax, and create beautiful memories.
So grab a bottle of wine or fruit juice, some finger foods, and a deck of cards or charcuterie board, and enjoy a great time with your loved one. Bonus points if you bring along a portable speaker, waterproof picnic blanket, or bottle opener for added convenience.
So remember, the best picnic date ideas are the ones that are unique, creative, and tailored to your interests and preferences. So don’t be afraid to get creative and try something new.
Whether it’s a sunset picnic on the beach, a bike ride to a unique location, or an indoor picnic on a hot day, the possibilities are endless.
Plan your next picnic date today and enjoy the fresh air, good food, and also beautiful memories with your loved one. And who knows, maybe your next picnic date will be even better than the last.
So if you’re looking for something special to do with your partner this weekend, why not plan a picnic? You’ll certainly have a good time!
For more great scoop, check out these articles:
- 200 Ideas To Text Girl After First Date And 20 Rules
- 113 Romantic Date Ideas In St. Louis and Things To Do
- 45 Cute Date Night Outfit Ideas
*This article contains affiliate links, thank you for your support!