Looking for a delicious lemon recipe to satisfy your love of all things lemon? Check out this refreshing and tasty lemon loaf recipe!
I don’t know about you, but lemon is one of my favorite things to work with when baking! Lemon has a cool, refreshing, and tangy taste that I just love and look for in any lemon desserts I try. Just about any dessert can be altered to incorporate lemons; lemon cookies, lemon pies, lemon bars, you name it and I’ve probably tried it! What I haven’t tried, however, is a lemon pound cake loaf like this one!
We’ve all tried lemon desserts and been disappointed by the lack of lemon flavor at least once in our lives. I know that it’s definitely happened to me! The great thing about this lemon loaf is that the lemon definitely comes through and can be tasted without being too overpowering. This recipe uses both lemon zest and fresh lemon juice, which is where that strong lemon flavor we all love comes from. With both the refreshing lemon flavor and the moistness of the loaf, this recipe makes for a truly delicious dessert.
LEMON LOAF INGREDIENTS:
Your kitchen is likely already stocked with the ingredients needed for this recipe. Let’s take a look at these relatively simple ingredients:
- 1 and 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- About 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- About 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup, or one stick of softened butter (salted or unsalted)
- 1 cup of sugar; more may be added for a sweeter taste!
- 3 eggs at room temperature.
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk (or regular milk)
- 2 lemons, used for lemon zest and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON LOAF:
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare your loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest from one lemon in a bowl. Whisk and set aside.
- Cream softened butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time, and then add in the lemon juice and mix well.
- Finally, alternately add in the buttermilk (or whole milk) and dry mixture, careful not to over-mix.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake about 50 mins, or until a toothpick goes in cleanly.
- Allow it to cool and enjoy!
Another thing that I like about this lemon loaf is that it’s not too overly sweet. There’s only about a cup of sugar in this recipe, which I believe makes for a tart, lemon flavored recipe. However, if you’re looking for a loaf that’s a little sweeter, add about 1/4 cup more of sugar when making this recipe!
Get the Scoop on More Recipes:
- Easy Spinach Artichoke Flatbread
- Guilt-Free Date Brownies Recipe
- Fat-Free Greek Yogurt Biscuits
- Red, White, and Blue Poke Cake
- Strawberry Oatmeal Bars Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare your loaf pan.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs in one at a time.
- Add in the lemon juice and mix well.
- Add in the buttermilk and dry ingredient mixture, alternating between the two.
- Combine thoroughly but do not over-mix.
- Pour batter into pan and cook about 50 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!