Mix up your usual cookie recipe with these Sea Salt Butterscotch Pretzel Cookies! I always struggle on what to cater or bring to events or food gatherings, because I always end up bringing the same thing as someone else. When I was teaching we’d always have monthly social lunches and I finally found something that no one else made, but everyone loved. This desert is delicious, easy and different than the same old, same old.
Heres what you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 cups of light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of butterscotch chips
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 cup of chopped pretzels
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Flaked sea salt (Optional)
1. Use a medium sized cooking pan (how cute is this one?!) to melt your 1 cup of butter on medium heat. Continue until your butter comes to boil.
2. Mix your melted butter around the pan until your butter. Once your butter has darkened remove your pan from the heat and let cool for 20 minutes.
2. While you are cooling your butter, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and start lining your baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Using a large bowl (love this one), mix together your flour, baking soda and sea salt.
4. Now that your butter has cooled, stir in your eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. Once mixed together, pour this mixture into your flour mixture mentioned above. **Use this mixer to make things easier.
5. Stir both of these mixtures together, until you get a dough like consistency.
6. Next its time to add in your butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and pretzels.
7. Now its time to start forming your cookies, and placing them on your cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake your cookies for 10-12 minutes.
Thanks Katie for the recipe! 🙂