If you have spent your summer searching for the perfect cocktail, then search no more. This cocktail is everything you’re looking for in a cool, refreshing drink for the summer!
Just like my last recipe, the ultimate breakfast burrito, this is something I came up with on my own while trying to figure out something new and different to make for myself and to share with others.
During the summer months it can get very hot out, so why not take the day off and cool down with a nice refreshing cocktail? To me, that sounds amazing. I love a good refreshing drink and this recipe is sure to do the trick. If you love fruity drinks like me you are sure to love this one!
This is a great yet simple summer drink to share with friends, or also keep for yourself!
Summer Punch Cocktail Ingredients:
- Mango Pineapple Svedka: This stuff is SO GOOD it’s insane, you will need 2 oz. of this. It tastes more on the pineapple side than the mango, but you can definitely taste the vodka in this drink.
- White Rum: Today I used 2 oz. Bacardi, but normally I use Captain Morgan when making this drink. Bacardi has a bit of a stronger taste than Captain to me so I like it to keep the drink a little lighter.
- Fruit Punch: Any fruit punch will do, but I like to use the Welch’s fruit punch because it’s a bit on the sweeter side. Your drink will taste different based on the fruit punch you use, obviously. For this I used 8 oz.
How to make Summer Punch Cocktail:
- Prepare a cocktail shaker. I love using my cocktail shaker for drinks. By adding a few ice cubes to the shaker before adding in your ingredients it makes such a difference in your drink! If you don’t have a cocktail shaker you can just make your drink in the glass. In that case, fill the cup with ice.
- Measure out your ingredients. I use 8 oz. of fruit punch, 2 oz. of Mango Pineapple Svedka, and 2 oz. of white rum. Like I mentioned I love the Welch’s fruit punch and I usually prefer to use Captain Morgan white rum.
- Combine ingredients and pour into shaker or glass. Add in the punch, rum, and Svedka to your shaker or glass then shake/mix it all together. Strain drink from your mixer into a cup with fresh ice.
- Add sugar rim then pour into glass (Optional). If you’re making your drink in a shaker, wet the rim of the glass you’re going to use (using water or a lime/lemon wedge) then cover it in sugar before adding ice. If you’re making the drink in a glass, be sure to make the sugar rim before mixing your drink.
If you’re looking to impress with this drink (even more than you already will), I recommend adding the sugar rim for a sweet and extra finishing touch!
- 2 oz. Mango Pineapple Svedka
- 2 oz. White Rum
- 8 oz. Fruit Punch
- Sugar for rim (optional)
- Add ice cubes into cocktail shaker or glass.
- Wet the rim of a glass with water or lemon/lime juice then add sugar.
- Combine fruit punch, white rum, and mango pineapple Svedka into shaker then shake.
- Strain drink into glass full of ice. Serve!