In the Star Wars universe, General Grievous is a cyborg general who served under Count Dooku. In Revenge of the Sith, he led the Separatist Droid Army into battle against Obi-Wan Kenobi’s Jedi forces and quickly gained a reputation as one of the strongest droid commanders in galactic history.
Grievous embarked on his first known mission to capture General Kenobi for Count Dooku. As Star Wars fans get to know him, we grow to love General Grievous as a character.
You may not root for him, but you cannot deny that he is a great villain with lots of great lines. These quotes will be from Star Wars episode 3 as well as the series Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
Here is the scoop on the 10 best General Grievous Quotes!
1. “How does it feel to die? (Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
Shortly before his defeat, General Grievous is battling the Gungan army. He kills one soldier and asks them, “How does it feel to die?”
Taunting your enemy as they die in your arms is unbelievably cruel, and this really illustrates General Grievous’ character.
While many fans do not like the most prominent Gungan character Jar Jar Binks, Gungans are an important part of the Star Wars universe.
2. “The future. A future where there are no Jedi” (Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
In season 2 of Star Wars: The Clone Wars there is an epic battle between General Grievous and Obi-Wan Kenobi. The two enemies are talking while they fight, and the Jedi asks Grievous what he has to gain with so much fighting.
The General’s answer is simple, he wants a future without Jedi.
3. “Your lightsabers will make a fine addition to my collection!” (Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith)
In Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith General Grievous says another amazing quote Star Wars fans can appreciate. Who doesn’t want to collect lightsabers?
Whether you are a Star Wars fan or simply en evil General defeating your enemies, collecting lightsabers is awesome.
4. “I’m no errand boy. I am not in this war for Dooku’s politics. I am the leader of the most powerful droid army the galaxy has ever seen.” (Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
Even though General Grievous learned Jedi training from Count Dooku he does not care about it. Politics aside, General Grievous is in this war for the power.
5. “Anakin Skywalker, I expected someone with your reputation to be a little… older.” (Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith)
When General Grievous first meets Anakin Skywalker he makes sure Anakin knows exactly how he feels about Jedi. Anakin in turn fires back with “General Grievous, you’re shorter than I expected.”
This retort further angers Grievous and makes the scene more tense.
6. “That wasn’t much of a rescue.” (Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith)
When Anakin Skywalker and Obi Wan Kenobi try to rescue Palpatine from Grievous’ ship they are captured. Grievous then taunts his new captors by commenting on how their plan failed.
7. “General Kenobi, you are a bold one.” (Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith)
This General Grievous quote is in response to the now iconic Obi Wan Kenobi meme where he says, “Hello there!” The Obi Wan hello there meme is only made better by General Grievous’ delivery when he says, “General Kenobi.”
This is maybe the most well-known General Grievous quote of all time, simply thanks to the internet. The meme itself has become one of the most memorable Star Wars quotes as well.
8. “Be thankful, Viceroy, that you have not found yourself in my grip. Your ship is waiting.” (Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith)
There are many General Grievous quotes that highlight just how evil he is. This one, however, takes the cake.
General Grievous is not actually harming anyone, but he is bragging about how much pain he can cause. This General Grievous quote is more subtly ominous than most, but it is very effective!
9. “I will deal with this Jedi slime myself.” (Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith)
General Grievous warns his droids not to attack Obi Wan Kenobi. He wants to face Kenobi by himself, and Obi Wan seems happy for the advantage.
After this line however, General Grievous reveals that he has 4 arms, and each arm is equipped with a lightsaber. No wonder he is always looking to expand his collection!
10. “Murderer? Is it murder to rid the galaxy of you Jedi filth?” (Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
Once again, General Grievous is proving just how much he hates the Jedi. He does not believe that Jedi have valuable lives, so he has no problem killing them.
Quotes like this further prove how truly evil General Grievous is and solidify him as an iconic Star Wars villain.
What are your favorite General Grievous quotes? Comment below what ones we missed!
For more great quotes scoop check out Top 50 Marvel Cinematic Universe Quotes Of All Time and Top 10 Quotes From Disney’s “Cruella”.