With season one of Marvel’s What If coming to a close, fans can reflect on the fun multiverse stories, incredible action sequences, and new quotes from remixed characters.
Here are the top 12 Marvel’s What If Quotes. Instead of The Watcher, call us The Quoter.
12. “Sacrifice? That Would Imply I Had Something to Lose.” – Doctor Strange Supreme
By helping The Watcher, Doctor Strange Supreme is ready to atone for destroying his universe.
11. “Sorry, I tend to process traumatic events with dad jokes.” – Scott Lang/Ant-Man
In a bleak zombie apocalypse, at least Scott Lang could maintain his sense of humor.
10. “I am the Watcher. I am your guide through these vast new realities. Follow me and ponder the question… What If?”- Uatu the Watcher
This Marvel’s What If quote is how every episode of the animated series begins. The Watcher introduces himself to the viewer, where voice actor Jeremy Wright provides a godlike but endearing performance.
9. “I’m a big enough man to admit when I’m wrong.” – Ravager Thanos
At least one version of Thanos in the multiverse is sane.
8. “No treasure is worth as much as the good that can be done with it.” – T’Challa Star-Lord
Instead of being a crime syndicate, T’Challa Star-Lord turned the Ravagers into an organization that does good for his universe. T’Challa still retains his noble and just values despite the change of setting.
7. “A Ravager Never Flies Solo.” – T’Challa Star-Lord
Whether in the main MCU with Peter Quill or in a universe where Black Panther became Star-Lord, both heroes never go it alone.
They both have teams (The Guardians of the Galaxy or the Ravagers) that always have their back.
6. “You will listen to me. My mother is coming. And she is not happy.” – Party Thor
In a universe where Thor was an only child, he becomes the Asgardian equivalent of a fraternity boy.
When his mother Frigga catches wind of Thor’s party on earth, he commands his fellow partygoers to help him clean up. If only this worked in real life for post-party clean-up.
5. I do not, cannot, will not interfere.” – Uatu The Watcher
In both Marvel’s What If and various Marvel comics, Uatu always ends up interfering eventually.
4. “The Difference Between You and Me… Is That You Can’t See The Difference Between You and Me.” – Eric Killmonger
While Tony Stark saw Killmonger as an equal, Killmonger cites how their values and goals aren’t aligned.
3. “My mom, dad, Uncle Ben, Mr. Stark. Now Happy. I’ve… I’ve Lost A Lot. But my Aunt May says, used to say, that if we don’t keep smiling when they can’t, then we might as well be gone too.” – Peter Parker/Zombie Hunter Spider-Man
Despite all the loss Peter has suffered in his life, he keeps his head up to honor his fallen loved ones. This Marvel’s What If quote is also the first time Uncle Ben has been mentioned in the MCU, a monumental win for Spider-Man fans.
2. “That’s it, isn’t it? All creatures searching for a place to belong. To call home. As for me, I am the Watcher. The multiverse, every single world, every single story is my home, and I will protect it to the end.” – Uatu the Watcher
The Watcher may be discussing how the multiverse is full of heroes searching for the same meaning, but he is also referring to himself. Watching all of these worlds gives him a sense of purpose and belonging.
1. “You, your stories, they are everything to me.” – Uatu the Watcher
Like The Watcher values every story in the multiverse, Marvel fans look at the MCU the same way.
0. “Growls.” – Zombie Captain America
The zombies in Marvel’s What If are very well-spoken. If you can speak zombie, that is.
What is your favorite Marvel’s What If quote? What did you think of the first animated series set in the MCU? For more Marvel content, check out:
Easter Eggs in Marvel’s “What If… Zombies!?”
The Best Captain America Quotes From Every Cap