The Marvel Cinematic Universe has given us over 20 films with lots of amazing quotes. Whether the lines are funny, heartbreaking, or inspirational, Marvel fans are often quoting their favorite movies.
Here’s the scoop on the Top 50 Marvel Cinematic Universe Quotes Of All Time!
1. “Avengers assemble!” (Steve Rogers- Avengers: Endgame)
These two words left audiences across the globe with goosebumps. After every avenger, sorcerer, and Wakandian returned from the blip, Captain America assembled his team and movies haven’t been the same since.
2. “I am Iron Man.” (Tony Stark- Iron Man)
It’s crazy to think that these four words started the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and also brought a big chapter of it to a close. Whether it’s hearing Tony say these words to release his identity or to save the world, these words stay iconic.
3. “I am Inevitable.”(Thanos- Avengers: Endgame)
The last words Thanos would speak in the MCU. As he thought he was getting the win over the avengers, he was vastly surprised by the switch Tony made. So following these mesmerizing words we here our number 2 pick!
4. “He may have been your father, boy, but he wasn’t your daddy.” (Yondu- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2)
When Yondu tells Peter Quil this, I was all tears. Since Peter was abducted by aliens, he never knew his father. But, Yondu assures him that even though he wasn’t Peter’s biological father, he was Peter’s dad or should I say daddy.
5. “I love you 3000.” (Morgan Stark- Avengers: Endgame)
When Morgan tells her dad that she loves him 3000, it is simply one of the cutest moments in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
6. “Everyone fails at who they are supposed to be, Thor. The measure of a person, of a hero…is how well they succeed at being who they are.” (Frigga- Avengers: Endgame)
Seeing Thor transform into a depressed overweight version of himself was a tough sight to see. But, him encountering his mother moments before she dies was even tougher.
This scene gives us a heartwarming mother-son scene and reignites Thor’s inner fire.
7. “But a thing isn’t beautiful because it lasts. It’s a privilege to be among them.”(Vision- Avengers: Age of Ultron)
Vision tells Ultron this after they have a battle of wits, and Ultron asks why Vision defends humans. Vision says this about the human kind and it is such a beautiful moment.
8. “On your left.” (Steve Rogers- Captain America: The Winter Solider)
This is a common phrase thrown around between Steve and Sam in the course of the film and it all starts here. When Sam Wilson is running, he keeps being lapsed by Steve Rogers who just says, “On your left”.
This was a funny moment but most importantly it becomes a running joke between the two friends.
9. “We are groot.” (Groot- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.1)
Groot can only say three words, and that is “I am Groot”. But when it comes to saving the rest of the Guardians of the Galaxy, he utters three words. We. Are. Groot.
10. “I can’t control your fear, I can only control mine.”(Wanda- Avengers Age of Ultron)
With all the horrific moments that Wanda went through in her life, hearing her say this was pretty wild. So, she can sink into peoples darkest fears, but she can’t control them, she can only amplify them.
11. “I can do this all day.”(Captain America- Every film he is in)
Leave it to Captain America to give us one of the most iconic Marvel quotes of all time!
Steve Rogers is probably the purest person in the MCU. Every time Steve is being hit and beaten by a villain and they taunt him he says he can do this all.
12. “No man can win every battle, but no man should fall without a struggle.” (Peter Parker- Spiderman Homecoming)
This is a great quote to live by! Like in life you’re not always going to win or get what your way, but you should always fight for what you believe is right whether you win or lose, and this is what Spider-man abides by.
13. “What did it cost? Everything.”(Gamora/Thanos- Avengers: Infinity War)
Seeing a young Gamora appear after Thanos made the snap, showed how admit Thanos was about getting his balanced universe. However, it meant sacrificing his favorite daughter.
14. “I’m Mary Poppins y’all!”(Yondu- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2)
After asking Peter Quill if Mary Poppins was cool, and being told yes Yondu screams it aloud that he is Mary Poppins. Also it’s a hilarious scene that makes this lifesaving moment so much better and in style with the Guardians saga.
The heartwarming scene proves that Mary Poppins is undeniably cool!
15. “That’s my secret, I’m always angry.”(Bruce Banner- The Avengers)
Finding out that Bruce Banner stays upset, in order to change in and out of the hulk was a huge revelation. Also this makes sense because of how easily he gets upset and can transform into hulk so seamlessly.
16. ” We have a hulk.”(Tony Stark- The Avengers)
When Loki begins to talk with Tony Stark about how he has an army and the tesseract. So, Tony informs him that they have something better. And that better is the hulk!
17. “Don’t waste it. Don’t waste your life.” (Ho Yinsen- Iron Man)
When Ho Yinsen is dying and tells Tony this, it makes for a dramatic moment. Above all this starts the heroic rise of Tony Stark.
18. “He’s a friend from work!” (Thor- Thor: Ragnorak)
Leave it to the God of Thunder to give us one of the most funny Marvel quotes!
After Thor is asked how he knows The Hulk, he simply says that “he’s a friend from work”. This scene was so funny and brought a new light to Thor, and personally made him a more lovable character to myself.
19. “Vengeance has consumed you. It’s consuming them. I’m done letting it consume me.” (T’Challa- Captain America: Civil War)
When T’Challa finds Zemo he is ready to shoot himself, after feeling satisfied about destroying the avengers. This was a great scene because Civil War was built on vengeance from angle whether it was T’challa, Zemo, Tony Stark, or even Steve Rogers.
T’challa showing that he can overcome this and bring in his fathers killer, we can see the true hero he is.
20.”Is this your king? Huh? Is this your king? He’s supposed to protect you! To lead Wakanda into the future! Nah, I’m your king!”(Killmonger- Black Panther)
This moment brought chills down my spine! Seeing Killmonger defeat T’Challa was remarkable. In conclusion, it was like watching your favorite fighter lose to a rookie.
21.“I’m gonna have to rain check that dance.”(Steve Rogers- Captain America: The First Avenger)
When Steve Rogers ultimately decides to make his sacrifice for the greater good, he is faced with losing the only girl he’s ever loved. So, he postpones his date with Peggy Carter. Then he goes he crashes the Hydra ship into the arctic and is frozen for almost a lifetime.
22. “Mr. Stark, I Don’t Feel So Good.”(Peter Parker- Avengers Infinity: War)
Peter Parker gives fans one of the most heartbreaking Marvel quotes of all time. As everyone begins to vanish from Thanos’s snap, we begin to see our favorite heroes fade away.
But, the most hard one to watch fade was Peter Parker, as he looked at Tony Stark and began to panic. As we see Peter panic and fade away fans are left in tears.
23. “I Am Groot.”(Groot- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.1 )
I am Groot.
24. “Whatever happens tomorrow, you must promise me one thing. That you will stay who you are. Not a perfect soldier, but a good man“(Abraham Erksine- Captain America: The First Avenger)
The super serum only enhances a persons characteristics. Therefore if Steve is a good person, he will become a greater person. But, this is also the reason that Steve was the only perceivable choice for the serum.
25. “I had him on the ropes.”(Steve Rogers/Bucky Barnes- Captain America)
Captain America and The Winter Soldier have one of the greatest Marvel friendships of all time!
Similarly to Sam and Steve, Bucky and Steve also have little phrases and inside jokes they share with each other. Whenever one of the two was down or losing a fight and would get helped by the other they would say “I had him on the ropes”.
26. “In times of crisis, the wise build bridges while the foolish build barriers.” (T’Challa- Black Panther)
In a post-credits scene, T’Challa addresses the United Nations to talk about the future of Wakanda.
Throughout his speech, T’Challa showcases his true leadership and strength.
27. “You think life takes more than it gives, but not today. Today it’s giving us something. It is giving us a chance.” (Star-Lord- Guardians of the Galaxy)
Star-Lord may be an unconventional leader, but there is no doubt he is good at his job.
When he needs their help, Star-Lord gives his team a heartfelt motivational speech. While he may start off calling them “losers” as in “folks who have lost stuff” he makes compelling points. The Guardians of the Galaxy are ready for the battle of Xandar.
28. “It’s alright, you could never hurt me. I just feel you.” (Vision- Avengers: Infinity War)
When Thanos is trying to get the last infinity stone, Vision knows that his time is up. Rather than dying at the hands of Thanos, he asks Wanda Maximoff to use her power and destroy the stone.
Heartbroken, Wanda does not want to murder the love of her life, but knows she has no choice. Vision sweetly talks her through his final moments and assures her that he feels no pain. He only feels her.
29. “Well let me know if real power wants a magazine or something.” (Nick Fury- The Avengers)
What Nick Fury lacks in superpowers he makes up for in quick wit and sarcasm!
While Loki is imprisoned in The Avengers, Nick Fury decides to pay him a visit. The God of Mischief boasts about having real power, but Fury is unfazed. By offering a magazine, Fury reminds Loki that he is in no position to be bragging.
Considering that Loki usually has all of the witty comebacks, it is fun to see Fury take him down a peg.
30. “I can feel the righteousness surging!” (Loki- Thor: The Dark World)
Marvel fans can always count on Loki for some comic relief!
While Loki and Thor are escaping from Asgard, Loki keeps shapeshifting. At one point he turns into Captain America and jokes with Thor about Steve’s classic good-guy personality.
Watching the most devious characters pretend to be one of the most straight-laced characters is a great way to add some humor into a tense scene.
31. “We’re in the endgame now.” (Dr. Stephen Strange- Avengers: Infinity War)
In order to save Tony Stark’s life, Dr. Strange gives Thanos the time stone. Thanos takes the stone and immediately disappears.
Tony asks, “Why would you do that?” and Strange simply replies, “We’re in the endgame now.” His response not only explains that the fight to stop Thanos is reaching a breaking point, but he also hints at the title of the next movie Avengers: Endgame.
32. “Let me go. It’s okay.” (Black Widow- Avengers: Endgame)
Black Widow and Hawkeye go to Vormir to retrieve the Soul Stone, but realize that a sacrifice must be made.
After the two friends battle each other, they both end up hanging off the cliff. Hawkeye is tethered and he’s holding on to Black Widow, but she tell him to let her go.
Assuring her friend that it is alright, Natasha Romanoff falls to her death. Heartbroken, Hawkeye then wakes up safe with the Soul Stone secured and mourns the loss of Black Widow.
For more awesome quotes from your favorite Russian spy check out Top 12 Quotes From Marvel’s “Black Widow!”
33. “I have nothing to prove to you.” (Carol Danvers- Captain Marvel)
Captain Marvel finally stands up for herself and shows off her skills at the same time!
When Carol is fighting with her former mentor Yon-Rogg he says, “Prove to me you can beat me-.” Suddenly, Carol cuts him off and blasts him away.
Embracing her own strength and power, she says “I have nothing to prove to you.” You go girl!
34. “I do anything and everything that Mr. Stark requires—including occasionally taking out the trash.” (Pepper Potts- Iron Man)
Before marrying Tony, Pepper Potts worked as his personal assistant and catered to his every need.
She explains her duties while escorting one of Tony’s one-night-stands out of the house. It is subtle lines like this that make fans fall in love with her.
35. “Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.” (Tony Stark- The Avengers)
Before The Avengers became a cohesive team of superheroes, they did not all get along. During an argument, Steve Rogers asks Tony Stark “Big man in a suit of armor, take that off what are you?”
Without missing a beat, Tony lists his accomplishments with one of the most iconic Marvel movie quotes, “Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.”
36. “When you said you would take me to California for the first time, I thought you meant Coachella or Disneyland.” (Shuri- Black Panther)
At the end of Black Panther, T’Challa takes Shuri to Oakland, California. They visit the building where their father killed Killmonger’s father.
The scene is important because it helps T’Challa realize that Wakanda’s resource will better help people worldwide. However, Shuri breaks the tension with one of her funny observations. In this case, she’s disappointed by her visit to California.
37. “I’ll get you all the cheeseburgers you want.” (Happy Hogan- Avengers: Endgame)
In Avengers: Endgame, the Avengers lose beloved team member Tony Stark. After his funeral, Happy sits with Tony’s daughter Morgan.
Happy asks Morgan if she’s hungry, and she says that she wants cheeseburgers. Happy tells Morgan that her dad liked cheeseburgers.
Even though Tony is gone, Happy will still be there for Morgan. Getting her all the cheeseburgers she wants is just his way of taking care of her.
This is also a callback to the first Iron Man movie when Tony first returns home and says, “I’ve been in captivity for three months, there are two things I want to do. I want an American cheeseburger, and the other-it’s not what you think-I want you to call for a press conference.”
38. “I’m made of rocks, as you can see. But don’t let that intimidate you. You don’t need to be afraid unless you’re made of scissors. Just a little rock-paper-scissor joke for you.” (Korg- Thor: Ragnarok)
Sakaar is where Thor is forced to become a gladiator and also where he meets Korg. When Korg introduces himself to Thor, he makes a hilarious rock-paper-scissors joke!
Korg is the friendliest rock monster who always manages to look on the bright side. His upbeat attitude and charming New Zealand accent easily make Marvel fans fall in love with him.
39. “I think you look great, Cap. As far as I’m concerned, that’s America’s ass.” (Ant-Man- Avengers: Endgame)
Leave it to Ant-Man to give us one of the funniest Marvel quotes ever! Scott Lang is an unapologetic fan of Captain America, so he shows his love for the first Avenger whenever he can.
When the Avengers go back in time to get the infinity stones, Tony remarks that Captain America’s old suit does not flatter his figure. Ant-Man jumps to defend his hero and delivers one of the most quotable lines from the MCU, “That’s America’s ass.”
40. “If you’re nothing without this suit, then you shouldn’t have it.” (Tony Stark- Spider-Man: Homecoming)
After Peter Parker inadvertently destroys the Staten Island Ferry, Tony Stark takes away the Spider-Man suit. Peter objects saying, “I’m nothing without this suit.”
Here, Tony teaches Peter a lesson about being a hero saying, “If you’re nothing without this suit, then you shouldn’t have it.” Peter does not believe in his own abilities because he relies on the suit. Peter only gets the suit back once he proves himself as a true hero.
41. “I’ll explain when you’re older, Hawkeye.” (Laura Barton- Avengers: Age Of Ultron)
When Laura Barton asks Clint about Natasha and Bruce’s obvious romantic connection, Clint is oblivious. Laura then uses the classic parent line “I’ll tell you when you’re older” on him.
This line shows Laura’s sarcastic side as she pokes fun at her husband, Hawkeye, for not having eyes like a hawk to see Natasha and Bruce’s connection.
42. “What is this thing? Look how it thinks it’s so cool. It’s not cool to get help. Walk by yourself you little gargoyle.” (Rocket- Guardians of the Galaxy)
When it comes to Rocket’s insults, not even toddlers are safe. Rocket is known for his sharp tongue and sarcasm, but one of his funniest lines is directed at a child.
Rocket sees a toddler walking, holding their parents hand. Apparently, he feels threatened enough to insult the child and call them a gargoyle.
43. “Puny god.” (The Hulk- The Avengers)
During a fight scene in The Avengers, Loki faces off with The Hulk. The god of mischief says, “I am a god, you dull creature” before The Hulk cuts him off and smashes him repeatedly into the ground.
Walking away from a now very wounded Loki, The Hulk calls him a “Puny god.”
44. “You’re The Spiderling. Crime-Fighting Spider. You’re Spider-Boy?” (Tony Stark- Captain America: Civil War)
It’s hard to imagine a world without Spider-Man. But before Tony Stark recruits Peter Parker to the Avengers, that it exactly what we have.
When Tony confronts Peter about his abilities, he calls Peter every possible name other than Spider Man. Thankfully, Peter corrects Tony. “The Spiderling” just doesn’t have the right sound to it.
45. “It’s an honor to meet you, officially. I sort of met you, I mean, I watched you while you were sleeping.” (Phil Coulson- The Avengers)
When Agent Coulson meets Captain America, he is so excited to finally meet his idol! Struggling to keep his cool, Phil rambles on about how he watched Steve sleep before he woke up.
Coulson’s nerves and excitement add up to an adorably awkward encounter, but Marvel fans can understand. Meeting Captain America is sure to leave anyone starstruck!
46. “I thought you were smaller.” (Bucky Barnes- Captain America: The First Avenger)
When Steve rescues Bucky, it is the first time the friends see each other since Steve becomes a super soldier. The pair reunites, and Steve says, “I thought you were dead.”
Confused, Bucky simply replies with, “I thought you were smaller.” In the middle of a heartfelt reunion, Bucky still manages to make jokes!
47. “Can’t have a revolution without somebody to overthrow, so you’re welcome, and uh, it’s a tie.” (Grandmaster- Thor: Ragnarok)
Grandmaster is an iconic Marvel character. Jeff Goldblum infuses his own personality into the character, giving Marvel fans a quirky and upbeat Elder of the Universe.
Thanks to his inflated ego, Grandmaster is unfazed when he is overthrown. He simply takes credit for his part in the revolution and declares it “a tie.”
48. “His name is Redwing. He’s cute. Go ahead, pet him.” (Sam Wilson- Captain America: Civil War)
Sam Wilson loves his drone and combat partner, Redwing. While Redwing is not a living creature, Sam sweetly treats him like a pet.
So, when Sam uses Redwing to help out Black Widow in a fight, he insists that she thank Redwing specifically. She says, “I’m not thanking that thing.”
Like a proud father, Sam corrects her saying, “His name is Redwing. He’s cute. Go ahead, pet him.”
49. “Boom! You looking for this?” (James Rhodes- Avengers: Age Of Ultron)
James Rhodes is eager to impress his fellow teammates with War Machine stories. His best story ends with the punchline, “Boom! You looking for this?”
When he tells this story to Tony and Thor, both are unamused, but he later tells it to another group of people and they are all impressed!
50. “This is the fight of our lives, and we’re going to win. Whatever it takes.” (Steve Rogers- Avengers: Endgame)
As the Avengers get ready to go back in time and retrieve the infinity stones, Steve Rogers delivers an inspiring speech. Once again proving that he is a great leader, Steve reminds the team of everything they are working for.
Considering how scary the mission is, Steve does a great job of encouraging everyone! To quote Rocket, “He’s pretty good at that!”
What are your favorite Marvel quotes? Comment below!
For more Disney and Marvel scoop check out Top 16 Best Marvel Easter Eggs, Top 10 Quotes From Disney’s “Cruella”, Top 10 Quotes From Disney Pixar’s “Luca” and Top 12 Quotes From Marvel’s “Black Widow!”