If you are a chocolate lover you absolutely HAVE to try this chocolate banana bread recipe. It’s also vegan! Genuinely, it is so moist, decadent and just delicious!
Do you have bananas that look a bit brown and you don’t want them to go to waste?
The obvious solution is to make some yummy banana bread! Banana bread in general is a fairly easy and simple recipe to make and is great for the whole household to enjoy.
I like the basic banana bread that is plain or with chocolate chips, but because I am such a chocolate lover I wanted to make my banana bread rich with chocolate flavor. To create the chocolate flavor, you just add cocoa powder. I used dark chocolate cocoa powder because that is my preference but you could use regular cocoa powder as well.
This recipe is great for a multitude of occasions and you could make it for dessert after a family dinner, or bring it with you on a nice outdoor picnic. You just really can never go wrong with making banana bread. It is such a staple item that everyone loves!
The video shows a closer look of just how yummy this chocolate banana bread is.
It was so delectable my family finished it off in just ONE DAY. We really do love our chocolate and our banana bread.
I made this banana bread vegan because I have been trying to eat a more vegan-friendly diet. But I also made it gluten-free because everything I cook or bake I want my family to be able to eat and my mom is gluten-free. So far anyone on a vegan diet or gluten-free it is a perfect chocolate dessert for you! And for those of you who aren’t on a special diet but want to enjoy a chocolate treat, you would never be able to tell that this amazing bread had any adjustments to it!
“VEGAN CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD” INGREDIENTS:
1 Cup Gluten Free Flour: As I said earlier, I made the chocolate banana bread gluten free and this flour is the perfect flour to use. I use Cup 4 Cup Gluten Free Flour Blend in so many baking recipes and you can seriously never tell that they are gluten free!
⅔ Cup Special Dark Cocoa:I love all chocolate but by far dark chocolate is my favorite. For this recipe I used Hershey’s cocoa special dark. I use this specific cocoa for a lot of other recipes and to make latte’s as well!
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda: Baking soda will help the bread rise and give it that amazing fluffy texture!
4 bananas: Of course the browner your bananas are the sweeter they taste and the better the banana bread! My bananas were barely brown as you can see in the picture but I was craving banana bread so bad I used what I already had in my kitchen.
½ Cup Melted Coconut Oil: You could potentially use a different oil in place of coconut oil, but all you baker’s out there know that coconut oil just really can’t be beat as far as texture and flavor!
¾ Cup Brown Sugar: I used brown sugar over white sugar because it adds a bit more moistness to the bread. It also adds a great flavor to the recipe.
1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract: Vanilla extract is a staple in any bakers household and adds for a great flavor!
HOW TO MAKE “VEGAN CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD”:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
5. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. In order to make sure it is well mixed, add the dry mixture in smaller portions, bit by bit to the wet mixture until fully combined.
6. Fold in the chocolate chips. Fold in ¾ cup of the chocolate chips and make sure to fold and not over stir!
7. Pour mixture into pan.
8. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top of the bread. Use the ¼ cup leftover of the chocolate chips to top off the bread and add a great texture!
9. Cook in the oven at 350 degrees. Put in the oven for around 50 minutes. Depending on your oven you might want to cook it for a little less or a little more. In fact, check your bread with a toothpick and once it comes back clean you will know its done.
This bread will definitely be eaten within 2 days. However, just in case some kind of crazy circumstance occurs, you can freeze it to extend its shelf life.
Get the scoop on more yummy recipes:
- 1 cup, cup 4 cup gluten-free flour
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 bananas
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweet life dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 9x5 loaf pan
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. Mash the bananas in a large bowl.
4. Add the melted coconut oil, brown sugar, and vanilla to the mashed bananas.
5. Add the dry mixture slowly to the wet mixture until fully combined.
6. Fold in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
7. Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on top of the bread before putting in the oven.
8. Cook for 50 minutes at 350 degrees. Check if ready by inserting a tooth pick and seeing when it comes back clean.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.