This vegan chocolate chip cookie dough dip recipe is high in protein and the perfect solution for any sweet tooth.
I love chickpeas. They’re high in fiber, filling, and so versatile. I’ve always enjoyed them in hummus and one day, I tried dessert hummus for the first time.
That’s when my whole perception of chickpeas changed forever! Not only does it taste good in savory things, but sweet as well.
That is where this vegan chocolate chip cookie dough was born.
While sneaking bites of raw cookie dough is always tasty, the raw flour and eggs aren’t exactly the safest or most digestible.
I wanted to create a cookie dough-like dip that I could enjoy raw or cooked– guilt-free! The chickpeas allow me to do just that, by acting as the secret ingredient and binder of this recipe.
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH INGREDIENTS:
First of all, let’s chat ingredients. In order to make this chocolate chip cookie dough dip, you will need…
1 can of chickpeas: The star ingredient!
¼ cup almond butter: Or any nut butter of your choice.
2 tablespoons of honey: While the honey makes this recipe not so vegan-friendly, maple syrup is the perfect vegan substitute.
2 tablespoons of nut milk: You may need more depending on your desired consistency.
1 teaspoon vanilla extract: Vanilla extract is always a must in most baking recipes because of its great flavor.
Pinch of salt: To help combat the sweetness, while also bringing it out even more.
½ cup dark chocolate chips: A loose ½ cup. Feel free to use less or more (always more).
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH:
- Blend your ingredients. Add the chickpeas, almond butter, and honey (or maple syrup) into your blender then blend. Then, add your protein powder, nut milk, vanilla extract, and salt to the blender and blend again. Add more milk as needed.
- Stir in your chocolate. Scoop out your cookie dough mixture into a bowl. Lastly, stir in your chocolate chips.
- Serve. Finally enjoy your dip with fruit, by the spoonful, or with whatever else you’d like! I like to microwave a dollop of it for 30 seconds to make a quick ‘cookie’.
Get the Scoop on more sweet vegan recipes:
- Vegan + Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Healthy Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
- Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 250 Calorie Blender Banana Pancakes
- Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 can of chickpeas
- ¼ cup protein powder
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons of honey (maple syrup if vegan)
- 2 tablespoons of nut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Add the chickpeas, almond butter, and honey into your blender and blend.
- Then, add your protein powder, honey (or maple syrup), nut milk, vanilla extract, and salt to the blender and blend again. Add more milk as needed.
- Scoop out your cookie dough mixture into a bowl. Stir in your chocolate chips.
- Enjoy! Serve wtih fruit, eat by the spoonful, or microwave a dollop for 30 seconds to enjoy a quick cookie.