Weight Watchers is one of the most popular weight-loss programs because it isn’t an exclusion based diet. Instead of outright banning eating certain foods, it assigns each food a point-value and leaves it up to you to keep track of how many “SmartPoints” you spend, and what you spend them on. That’s why finding low-point options and alternatives can make staying on track easier. While losing weight is fun and exciting, it’s also hard to start and difficult to maintain. One of the hardest parts is getting into new routines. If breakfast is the most important meal of the day, then it’s integral to make sure your breakfast routine is setting you up for healthy habits throughout the day!
Many people want to start their day out with low-point foods, but still want something delightful in the mornings. Well, there’s good news for all you yogurt-eaters: some yogurt is free! However, there are also some yogurts that cost a lot of points. We know you don’t have time to stand in the aisle and scan every single container, so here’s a guide to some of the low-point yogurt options! Please note that this guide is written with the Blue plan point system, and points may vary slightly plan to plan.
All plain nonfat Greek-style yogurts are zero points on the Blue plan! The important part here is that it’s nonfat. The more fat, carbs, and/or sugar something has, the more points it will be worth. Here are some of the zero-point yogurt options for Blue plan:
- Chobani Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt (tub size)
- Chobani Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt (individual size)
- Good & Gather Plain Nonfat Yogurt (tub size)
Similarly to before, low-fat yogurts are going to be worth fewer points than their full-fat counterparts. However, it’s important to keep in mind the sugar content in the flavors of the yogurt: a strawberry flavored yogurt will likely be worth fewer than a salted caramel one. Dannon’s Light & Fit brand has a lot of great low-point flavors. The thing to look for is that it says 80 on the front, meaning 80 calories per serving. Still, I recommend scanning if you’re not sure, but I’ve found that most of those are worth 2 SmartPoints. Here are some two-point yogurts for the Blue plan:
- Light & Fit Strawberry Cheesecake Greek Yogurt
- Light & Fit Raspberry Tart Greek Yogurt
- Light & Fit Strawberry Greek Yogurt
- Light & Fit Banana Cream Greek Yogurt
This one is for my plant-based friends out there! Forager Project Organic unsweetened plain dairy-free yogurt alternative is only three points for one container!
I don’t know about you, but for me, the best part of eating yogurt is the chunks of fruit. The thick creamy yogurt mixed with the tangy sweetness of the fruit is the winning combination, and I’m willing to cough up a few extra points for it. Here are some of my favorite four-point yogurts for Blue plan:
- Chobani Peach on the Bottom Lowfat Greek Yogurt
- Chobani Strawberry on the Bottom Lowfat Greek Yogurt
- Chobani Raspberry on the Bottom Lowfat Greek Yogurt
- Chobani Less Sugar Greek Yogurt: Madagascar Vanilla & Cinnamon
- Chobani Less Sugar Greek Yogurt: Monterey Strawberry
- Chobani Lowfat plain Greek Yogurt
Five points are more than I typically like to spend on breakfast, but who says that yogurt is only a breakfast food? Plus, many of the plant-based yogurts out there don’t have non or low-fat options. That means that most of them are 5 points or more. Here are some five-point options for the Blue plan:
- Chobani Strawberry and Banana on the Botton Lowfat Greek Yogurt
- Chobani Blackberry on the bottom Lowfat Greek Yogurt
- Chobani Blended Coconut Lowfat Greek Yogurt
- Silk Strawberry flavored dairy-free yogurt alternative made with soy
- Silk Blueberry flavored dairy-free yogurt alternative made with soy
Now I can’t wrap up this guide without letting you in on a little secret of mine. Although these Frozen Greek Yogurt Bars may be more frozen yogurt than just yogurt, they deserve an honorable mention. When the Yasso Chocolate fudge frozen Greek yogurt bars are only worth three SmartPoints, how could I not mention them? Their other products range in SmartPoints from 3-8, most of them are solid 4 or 5 point desserts. These have been the best way to fill that chocolate craving and beat the summer heat at the same time! I definitely recommend picking some up!
- Yasso Chocolate Fudge Frozen Greek Yogurt Bars – 3 SmartPoints
- Yasso Chocolate Vanilla Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt Bars – 3 SmartPoints
- Yasso Sea Salt Caramel Frozen Greek Yogurt Bars – 4 SmartPoints
- Yasso Fudge Brownie Greek Yogurt Bars – 4 SmartPoints