Have you ever seen someone with flawless makeup and wondered how they managed to make their skin have such a youthful appearance?
The secret is facial contouring. Popular in major cities like Los Angeles and New York City, this makeup technique can help give your face more definition and make it look smoother and more youthful.
You can change the appearance of your facial shape with this technique. Typically, a dimension is needed to be added to the masseter muscle area to achieve a slimmer face shape.
If you don’t feel like a good candidate for injectable fillers you can turn to contour! In this blog post, we will discuss what facial contouring is, the benefits of using it, and how to do it yourself!
Understanding facial muscles can understand how to enhance the shape of your face through facial sculpting!
What Does Facial Contouring Mean?
Facial contouring is the use of makeup to define and enhance the features of your face. It can make your cheeks look more sculpted, your jawline is more angular, and your nose smaller and less prominent.
By using light and dark shades of makeup to create contrast, you can give your face a more three-dimensional appearance as means of fat removal. Contouring can give the appearance of fat loss on the face. This means no expensive plastic surgery!
The Benefits Of Facial Contouring
There are a number of benefits to using facial contouring makeup. First, it can help hide flaws and make your skin look more smooth and youthful.
It can also help you downplay features that you don’t like about your face and emphasize the ones that you do. Additionally, facial contouring can help you create a more defined or symmetrical look, which can be especially helpful if your face is asymmetrical.
There’s no need for surgical procedures to make your face appear slimmer, which means no recovery time! It won’t hide any fine lines but through the facial contouring procedures, it can change the appearance of your face shape by enhancing a certain facial structure. And you won’t have to pay for a visit to a facial plastic surgeon!
Your face can appear slimmer by placing the contour on the buccal fat pads of your face. This can hide excess fat and reduce the visual appearance of acne scars and discoloration.
With the shading aspect of contouring, you can visually eliminate unwanted fat on your face. If you utilize your facial bones
How To Do Facial Contouring Yourself
There are a few steps involved in doing facial contouring makeup yourself. In the first step, you’ll need to find the right shades of makeup for your skin tone.
You can do this by using a color wheel or by testing different shades on the back of your hand. Once you have the right colors, you’ll need to start with a light base and then add contouring and highlighting shades.
For contouring, use a shade that is two to three shades darker than your skin tone. For highlighting, use a shade two to three shades lighter than your skin tone.
Apply the contouring shade to the areas of your own facial contours that you want to recede, such as the jawline and cheek area.
Then, highlight your bone structure, such as the forehead, nose, and chin to bring attention to your natural beauty.
You can use a variety of makeup products to contour your faces, such as powders, creams, and bronzers. Be sure to blend the shades well so that there is no harsh line between them. You can also use a brush or sponge to apply the makeup.
One great trick is to put bronzer on your lower jaw to reduce any double chin!
Facial contouring is a great way to enhance your features and give your skin a more polished appearance.
You can utilize your facial volume by using the right shades of makeup and following these simple steps, you can do it yourself! This method can give the effect of neck lifts.
What Brands To Use For Facial Contouring
When looking for makeup to use for facial contouring, it is important to find products that are specifically designed for this purpose. Some good brands to try to reach your cosmetic goals:
- Anastasia Beverly Hills offers a range of contouring products, including powders, liquids, and creams. Their products help you achieve a flawless, sculpted look.
- NARS Cosmetics offers a range of contouring powders that are perfect for creating a defined look. They also have a range of blushes and bronzers that can be used for contouring.
- MAC Cosmetics is well known for its range of high-quality makeup products. Their contouring powders are perfect for creating a natural-looking contour, and they also have a range of blushes and bronzers that can be used for this purpose.
- Kat Von D Beauty is a brand known for its intense pigmentation. Their contouring powders are highly pigmented and offer great coverage. They also have a range of concealers that can be used for contouring.
- Benefit Cosmetics is a brand known for its fun and quirky products. Their range of contouring powders is perfect for creating a natural-looking contour, and they also have a number of blushes and bronzers that can be used for this purpose.
There are a number of different brands that offer products specifically designed for facial contouring. By using a product from one of these brands, you can be sure that you are getting the best version of contouring.
Facial Contouring Tips
Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your facial contouring makeup:
- Choose the right shades for your skin tone. This will help you to achieve a natural-looking contour.
- Don’t go too dark with your contouring shades. You want to create a defined look, not an artificial one.
- Blend, blend, blend! Make sure that there are no harsh lines between your contouring and highlighting shades.
- Apply your contouring makeup in layers. This will help you to achieve a more natural look.
- Experiment with different products and techniques until you find what works best for you and what gives you the best experience.
Everyone’s face is different, so you may need to try a few things before finding the perfect contouring routine. But how much you contour is up to you! You can definitely have natural results with contouring if you try.
How To Learn To Do Facial Contouring
If you want to learn how to do facial contouring, there are a number of different ways that you can go about it. You could:
- Watch a tutorial online. There are a number of tutorials available on YouTube and other websites.
- Attend a makeup class. Many beauty schools offer classes in contouring and other makeup techniques.
- Seek out a personal makeup artist. Many makeup artists offer lessons in contouring and other makeup techniques.
Facial contouring can be a bit tricky to learn, but with some practice, you’ll be able to do it and have the best results in the end!
Other Makeup To Use With Contouring
In addition to contouring powders, there are a number of other makeup products that can be used to enhance your facial contour. Some good options include:
- Concealers. A good concealer can be used to cover any flaws or areas that you want to downplay.
- Highlighters. A highlighter can be used to accentuate your contours and give you a more sculpted appearance.
- Blushes. A good blush can help to give your face a healthy glow and make it look more alive.
- Bronzers. Bronzers can be used to create a natural-looking contour or to add some color to your skin.
When To Contour
There is no one “right” time to contour your face. Some people prefer to do it every day, while others only do it for special occasions. It all depends on what works best for you. However, there are a few times when you might want the full results of contouring:
- When you want to create a more sculpted appearance.
- You want to hide flaws or areas that you’re not happy with.
- When you want to accentuate your features and make them stand out more.
- When you want to look younger.
- You want to add some color to your skin.
Facial contouring is a great way to enhance your appearance and give yourself a more polished look. By using the right products and techniques, you can achieve a contoured look that will make you look and feel great! Contouring can help with any facial asymmetries or embrace them!
Once you get the hang of it, it’ll be easy enough to do any touch-ups on your lunch break when you might have minimal downtime!
Events To Use Facial Contouring For
There are a number of different events where contouring can be a great effect to meet your aesthetic goals! You can definitely contour for any normal activities. You can use it for an amazing experience such as these examples:
- Weddings. A bride wants to look her best on her wedding day, and contouring can help her to achieve that goal.
- Red Carpet Events. Celebrities often use contouring to create a more sculpted appearance for red carpet events.
- Proms. A teenage girl’s prom is a special occasion, and she may want to use contouring to enhance her look.
- Graduations. Graduation ceremonies are a time to celebrate accomplishments, and contouring can help you to look your best.
- Birthdays. Whether you’re celebrating your own birthday or someone else’s, contouring can help you to look your best.
- Holiday Parties. Christmas, New Year’s, and other holiday parties are a great opportunity to show off your festive makeup look, which can include contouring.
You can use facial contouring for a variety of different events, so it’s a great beauty tool to have in your arsenal!
Celebrities Who Use Facial Contouring Perfectly
Some celebrities are experts at contouring their faces and using them to create a more sculpted appearance. Here are some examples:
- Kim Kardashian. Kim is well-known for her love of contouring, and she often uses it to accentuate her curves. She is considered to be a wiz in facial contouring procedures.
- Kylie Jenner. Kylie is also known for her love of contouring, and she often uses it to make her lips look bigger. There is always the option of a hyaluronic acid filler on your lips, but if you want a non-invasive way you can contour your lips to appear slightly bigger.
- Kendall Jenner. Kendall is a fan of contouring too, and she often uses it to create a more angular look.
- Katie Holmes. Katie is another celebrity who loves contouring, and she often uses it to hide her flaws.
- Jennifer Lopez. Jennifer is a master of contouring, and she often uses it to create a more glamorous look.
- Beyoncé. Beyoncé is known for her beautiful facial features, and she often uses contouring to enhance them further.
Don’t be afraid to share your final results!
There is a variety of procedures. Dermal filler treatments are an injectable treatment that is the outpatient basis for those seeking non-surgical treatments.
Unfortunately, there is no way to smooth lines through makeup, but there are injectable dermal fillers. If non-invasive treatments are something you are interested in dermal filler injections might be great for getting rid of your fine lines.
Keep in mind that the use of dermal fillers, must be done by a professional and they will have to take into account your medical history.
Fillers for soft tissues are also not FDA approved. There is a specific type of filler and treatments that are only FDA approved.
The nasolabial folds, on your lower face by your mouth, can be filled or have botox treatment depending on the recommendation from your doctor. If you are curious about what is in fillers, it is usually something called botulinum toxin.
This toxin helps to restrict your wrinkles. It usually doesn’t hurt too much because your doctor will put topical numbing cream or local anesthesia on the treatment area. This will all be done before any facial injections.
Cosmetic Facial Contouring
There are facial contouring surgeries in cosmetic surgery that can meet specific needs that fillers and contouring makeup can’t.
This is different than fillers first off because your doctor uses general anesthesia. Through surgery, you can have treatment options such as brow lift, cheekbone reduction surgery, fat grafting, or facial liposuction, but if you’re seeking permanent treatment there are facial implants.
Your doctor can use parts of the body using fat cells to their advantage for the surgeries. Consult your doctor for the best treatment plan and take care of the treated area.
If you choose this route, make sure your doctor is qualified, a great qualification for your doctor is to have double board certification.
The combination of dermal fillers and new collagen can give you a whole new look! But be sure to look up any side effects so you have the most comfortable environment with any recovery for these procedures.
Don’t overthink subcutaneous fat but you should be able to trust your doctor’s surgical techniques for undesired excess fat in your face.
There you have it, the scoop on what is facial contouring!
Get the scoop on more like this: